Davis Webb Moved Up To No. 2 Quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

Early enough to find a serviceable Guard. Didnít we give a pick away to get Nassib or am I confusing that draft with the last one when we reached for Webb?
    we took Webb in the third. How was that a reach?

Smart franchises take a QB every single year. If you hit you hit big. Its worth the risk

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Having a "turnover machine" is something we've been comfortable with for 14 years.
      shh

Comment

So let me get this straight.

#1 is Geno
        #2 is Webb
        #3 is Eli

Did I get that right?
        Fan since 1970.
        ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
        "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
          So let me get this straight.

#1 is Geno
          #2 is Webb
          #3 is Eli

Did I get that right?
          No. I think Eli Apple is still inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

we took Webb in the third. How was that a reach?

Smart franchises take a QB every single year. If you hit you hit big. Its worth the risk
            Itís a reach when you desparetly need OL unless you really think the guy is going to play. We took Nassib in the 4th as a backup???

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

The mob and our QB decide who plays

I don't see the mob or Eli giving Webb any kind of chance......he may as well return home and watch the games on direct tv
              If the mob were running this they would put a hit out on you.
              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Yup, Webb is getting too much noise on these boards. He was drafted "just in case."
                "Just in case" what?.....The team goes 2-10?
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                  Sounds like a good move
                  but perhaps too little too late
                  apparently Eli is now deciding who plays QB or he refuses to go on the field
                  i would love to tell my boss I'm accepting his money but I'll decide when I work
                  sounds like a weird arrangement no?
                  It depends. Are you a superstar employee or one of the lowly minions?

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

Itís a reach when you desparetly need OL unless you really think the guy is going to play. We took Nassib in the 4th as a backup???
                    Its not a reach at all. let me guess, you think the Redskins taking cousins was a reach as well? Seahawks taking Wilson? Or about how about Dallas taking Dak?

Theres a reason why you're not a GM.

Risk=reward.

Take a QB every year, the impacting of hitting far surpasses getting a okay OG that will likely bust out regardless.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Its not a reach at all. let me guess, you think the Redskins taking cousins was a reach as well? Seahawks taking Wilson? Or about how about Dallas taking Dak?

Theres a reason why you're not a GM.

Risk=reward.

Take a QB every year, the impacting of hitting far surpasses getting a okay OG that will likely bust out regardless.
                        Thatís a valid argument and those are some good examples to back up your point of view! Perhaps I will be proven wrong and Webb will turn out to be a great round three pick and it is way to early to tell. My point is that until they get this line fixed, which involves replacing at least 3 if not 4 players, no QB will succeed here AND you canít evaluate the ones you already have.

No, Iím not an NFL GM and never claimed to be but clearly the GM the Giants has was not making good decisions or he would still be here right? I already run a successful company so Iím fine thanks!

Comment

Having a "turnover machine" is something we've been comfortable with for 14 years.
                          Turnover machine with two Lombardi's.
                          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Spags said in his presser today there still is no plan for Webb so idk what the OP is talking about

Comment

And you know this....how?
                              Specifically because the guys who drafted them (both QBs) and the coach they hired, decided they were not good enough to get some playing time even with Eli struggling and the team having 2 wins. Perhaps with Webb this will change over the next 4 weeks. If it doesnít, you have to wonder if he will ever be ready.
                              Last edited by PennState1; 12-06-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Come on, Morehead...this isn't that difficult. In case Eli Manning gets INJURED. That's what backup quarterbacks are for. That's why they're called #2s - or, in Webb's case, #3 - while starting quarterbacks are called #1s. Get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X