• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

Turnover machine with two Lombardi's.
    Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

When Nassib was drafted, JR said that he hopes he never sees the field. He was a low cost back up for several years.
      How did he work out?.....Just fine.
      Do you think that was a good decision? Draft a QB who you hoped would never get playing time and then count on him as a serviceable back up? Wouldn’t you rather have a backup who actually had some playing experience so he could do a good job if Eli went down?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Good one!
        Yeah well there's just too much manage a trois between BlueClue, Harooni and Webb to even stomach around here.
        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Come on, Morehead...this isn't that difficult. In case Eli Manning gets INJURED. That's what backup quarterbacks are for. That's why they're called #2s - or, in Webb's case, #3 - while starting quarterbacks are called #1s. Get it?
          Great point. Some people think our #3 should come rescue this team. When he most likely gets a body blow that kills him because he's slow to read through his progressions and is green. People don't seem to realize the coaches look at them in practice and know when they're ready to take snaps in prime time. If MoreOn and Blue Clueless and Haroo...(can't even type his f'ing name) have their way, they'd put Webb out there against Philly to get body bagged.
          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Come on, Morehead...this isn't that difficult. In case Eli Manning gets INJURED. That's what backup quarterbacks are for. That's why they're called #2s - or, in Webb's case, #3 - while starting quarterbacks are called #1s. Get it?
            Thanks for taking the time to explain it to the oldie.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

Do you think that was a good decision? Draft a QB who you hoped would never get playing time and then count on him as a serviceable back up? Wouldn’t you rather have a backup who actually had some playing experience so he could do a good job if Eli went down?
              I would have gotten him in more games. especially in 14 and 15 when we were getting destroyed.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Injury isn't the only reason. Poor play by the starter is another.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

While it’s true that every rookie QB, in a sense, gets thrown to the wolves the first time they enter an NFL game that counts, while I want to see what Webb has, I’m not sure he could show much, running for his life every down, with no running game, and only one receiver in Engram, who is worth a darn!
                  The game isn’t going to slow down for Webb behind a ****ty line, with no running game and limited targets to throw to.
                  Or, if he’ IS he future, would he overcome it all to surprise us with a great debut?
                  Im torn! To play Webb or not to play him.....that is a conundrum.
                  "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                    While it’s true that every rookie QB, in a sense, gets thrown to the wolves the first time they enter an NFL game that counts, while I want to see what Webb has, I’m not sure he could show much, running for his life every down, with no running game, and only one receiver in Engram, who is worth a darn!
                    The game isn’t going to slow down for Webb behind a ****ty line, with no running game and limited targets to throw to.
                    Or, if he’ IS he future, would he overcome it all to surprise us with a great debut?
                    Im torn! To play Webb or not to play him.....that is a conundrum.
                    And maybe he's mobile enough to be successful? To not play him is sticking our heads in the sand at best, or letting a QB in decline dictate at worst.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

And maybe he's mobile enough to be successful? To not play him is sticking our heads in the sand at best, or letting a QB in decline dictate at worst.
                      and to leave him as the 3rd string qb, getting very limited reps will stunt his development. I though he looked pretty good in the preseason, and by this point in his first year should be pretty far along.

Comment

Hopefully he gets some playing time and not just Genos replacement getting all the snaps

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

and to leave him as the 3rd string qb, getting very limited reps will stunt his development. I though he looked pretty good in the preseason, and by this point in his first year should be pretty far along.
                          We just don't know but we should not be afraid to find out.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Here's the thing ... none of us have any idea whether or not he is even ready to play.

He was drafted as a project who would not play at all this year. Even McAdoo, who was itching to get Eli out of there, didn't even dress Webb after he sat Eli and essentially admitted that Webb wasn't ready to play yet.

If the coaches don't feel that this guy is ready to play, what will putting him out there anyway accomplish? I assume he would just play like someone who is not ready (which they already knew).

If they feel like he is ready, I am all in favor of getting a look at him this season.

Comment

The others problem is, however.....we’re discussing this in a thread that’s wrong, because he was not named the number 2 behind Eli, Spagnuolio announced that Smith would be the backup.
                              BUT.......conundrum number 2.......In order to see Webb, they have to dress the kid and activate him. They aren’t going to for this game.
                              So....the real question seems to be: Tastes great or less filling????
                              Last edited by bigblue58; 12-07-2017, 07:35 AM.
                              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

[QUOTE=TCHOF;n3026117]

Here's the thing ... none of us have any idea whether or not he is even ready to play.

He was drafted as a project who would not play at all this year. Even McAdoo, who was itching to get Eli out of there, didn't even dress Webb after he sat Eli and essentially admitted that Webb wasn't ready to play yet.

If the coaches don't feel that this guy is ready to play, what will putting him out there anyway accomplish? I assume he would just play like someone who is not ready (which they already knew).

If they feel like he is ready, I am all in favor of getting a look at him this

You still trust in the Giants’ coaching staff?
                                If this was the Corleone family, these coaches would ALL be Fredo!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

Comment

Working...
                                X