The Biggest Disgrace is NOT Eli And This Offense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biggest Disgrace is NOT Eli And This Offense

.........It's Steve Spagnuolo and this defense.
    The New York Giants may be 28th in offense in the NFL.....but we are DEAD LAST in defense.
    THIS is the guy some folks have suggested would be a "good" head coach here.
    The guy who coached the worst defense in team history 2 years ago. The worst defense in NFL history in New Orleans.....and now the worst defense AGAIN in the NFL through 12 games.

And let's forget his 10-38 record as a head coach? I can't think of a single NFL coach, at any level, with a worse record of failure than Spagnuolo.

I'm really wondering how bad a guy's record has to be before we think he "just might" not be the right guy here. I get why he was given the interim job for the last 4 games but he needs to be fired 5 minutes after the Redskins game.

This defense is an absolute disgrace and is at the heart of our failure this season.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Yes the defense definitely needs to be addressed heavily in the off season. The pass rush is non-existent this year.

Comment

+1
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        The New York Giants may be 28th in offense in the NFL.....but we are DEAD LAST in defense.
        The guy who coached the worst defense in team history 2 years ago. The worst defense in NFL history in New Orleans.....and now the worst defense AGAIN in the NFL through 12 games.

And let's forget his 10-38 record as a head coach? I can't think of a single NFL coach, at any level, with a worse record of failure than Spagnuolo.

I'm really wondering how bad a guy's record has to be before we think he "just might" not be the right guy here. I get why he was given the interim job for the last 4 games but he needs to be fired 5 minutes after the Redskins game.

This defense is an absolute disgrace and is at the heart of our failure this season.
        All valid points. What if the Giants were to kick Dallas, Philly an Washington’s *** these next few game (unlikely) would that change managements view of Spags?
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

All valid points

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

All valid points. What if the Giants were to kick Dallas, Philly an Washington’s *** these next few game (unlikely) would that change managements view of Spags?
            God I hope not. Spags was brought in here by TC to try to regain some past glory from 10 years previous. It was a horrible move then.
            How he survived his horrific performance in 2015 is beyond me.
            "Continuity" when the current state is bad...seems ridiculous policy. yet with McAdoo and Spagnuolo..that's what we got. The results of that have put us here with this terrible football team.

My hope is that Mr. Mara finally sees that. If not.......my hope is that any new GM that comes in with insist upon a new direction for this football team.

Comment

Didnt you hear, the defense is on the field too long that's why they suck lol.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

God I hope not. Spags was brought in here by TC to try to regain some past glory from 10 years previous. It was a horrible move then.
                How he survived his horrific performance in 2015 is beyond me.
                "Continuity" when the current state is bad...seems ridiculous policy. yet with McAdoo and Spagnuolo..that's what we got. The results of that have put us here with this terrible football team.

My hope is that Mr. Mara finally sees that. If not.......my hope is that any new GM that comes in with insist upon a new direction for this football team.
                Well, the 2015 performance was more attributable to the weak defensive personnel. (Wasn't a guy named Unga Bunga our starting MLB?)

No excuse for this year though. The defense's poor start to this season really was a major factor in sending this thing off of the rails.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                  Didnt you hear, the defense is on the field too long that's why they suck lol.
                  It's nice to have a coach where what he lacks in success...he makes up for in excuses.

Comment

Wish we had hired Wade before the Jags got him

Comment

It's nice to have a coach where what he lacks in success...he makes up for in excuses.
                      I think spags should put snacks as a free saftey. He let's Vernon cover kelece with the game on the line in the 4th quater.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                        Wish we had hired Wade before the Jags got him
                        You mean the Rams.

Comment

You mean the Rams.
                          Right, thanks for the correction.
                          Last edited by PennState1; 12-06-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Given the coach, players, and assumeably the schemes are all the same from what sure looked good last season, you have to at least give effort and commitment consideration, here.

Comment

I'm having flashbacks of Trevin Wade smiling after being burned for 50 yards.

D:

Comment

Working...
                              X