The Biggest Disgrace is NOT Eli And This Offense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedman View Post

All valid points. What if the Giants were to kick Dallas, Philly an Washingtonís *** these next few game (unlikely) would that change managements view of Spags?
    I kinda think the Giants are going to give Dallas a pasting because any team coming off a firing of their HC is dangerous. Things will come down to earth the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
      Donít worry about it. He will be fired upon the conclusion of he season. He is just the most logical interim and interims are always given a chance to interview for the job as a respectful gesture. No way in hell he will get it - I am highly confident that John Mara has learned a lot of lessons in the last two weeks.

believe me: if Jerry Reese got fired then there is no way any one of the current coaches is surviving. No way
      For the bolded item, I disagree. I believe the new head coach will get to decide if they want to keep Spags or any other current remaining assistant.

For the bolded italics item, if Mara learned something as you mentioned, then he will let the new GM/head coach sort out who stays and who goes for the remaining assistant coaches.
      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

For the bolded item, I disagree. I believe the new head coach will get to decide if they want to keep Spags or any other current remaining assistant.

For the bolded italics item, if Mara learned something as you mentioned, then he will let the new GM/head coach sort out who stays and who goes for the remaining assistant coaches.
        NO ONE should stay.....Not a single coach. This is the worst coached team in the NFL. Ben McAdoo was an incompetent head coach and he chose his assistant coaches poorly.
        Everything that came from McAdoo should be washed clean.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          .........It's Steve Spagnuolo and this defense.
          The New York Giants may be 28th in offense in the NFL.....but we are DEAD LAST in defense.
          THIS is the guy some folks have suggested would be a "good" head coach here.
          The guy who coached the worst defense in team history 2 years ago. The worst defense in NFL history in New Orleans.....and now the worst defense AGAIN in the NFL through 12 games.

And let's forget his 10-38 record as a head coach? I can't think of a single NFL coach, at any level, with a worse record of failure than Spagnuolo.

I'm really wondering how bad a guy's record has to be before we think he "just might" not be the right guy here. I get why he was given the interim job for the last 4 games but he needs to be fired 5 minutes after the Redskins game.

This defense is an absolute disgrace and is at the heart of our failure this season.
          He's a much better option than McDbag, I mean McDaniels.

How's he supposed to prepare and keep his group together, let alone hyped when the HC is suspending his players? The whole team gave up so how's a DC going to turn the team around? The locker room was lost. If it wasn't for his side of the ball the Giants would have sucked arse last year too! Your finger pointed at him should be redirected back to the HC. Spags is a GOOD coach and if you dont see that then I dont know what to tell you.

Comment

NO ONE should stay.....Not a single coach. This is the worst coached team in the NFL. Ben McAdoo was an incompetent head coach and he chose his assistant coaches poorly.
            Everything that came from McAdoo should be washed clean.
            While you may be right, in one breath you are saying Mara should stay out of these non-GM staffing type decisions and in the same breath you are saying Mara should not allow the next GM/head coach to make their own decision on who they want on their staff. Cannot have it both ways.
            Last edited by repeatchamps; 12-06-2017, 03:04 PM.
            Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

JPP is collecting checks, Vernon has been injured. McDoofus suspended both DRC and Jenkins which possibly caused some to quit during the season.
              ​​​​​​Jenkins is now out of the year and he's forced to play a typical Reese bust apple. Collins has been bad in coverage and teams are forcing him into it.

Fix the pass rush and we will be OK.

Comment

The New York Giants may be 28th in offense in the NFL.....but we are DEAD LAST in defense.
                The guy who coached the worst defense in team history 2 years ago. The worst defense in NFL history in New Orleans.....and now the worst defense AGAIN in the NFL through 12 games.

And let's forget his 10-38 record as a head coach? I can't think of a single NFL coach, at any level, with a worse record of failure than Spagnuolo.

I'm really wondering how bad a guy's record has to be before we think he "just might" not be the right guy here. I get why he was given the interim job for the last 4 games but he needs to be fired 5 minutes after the Redskins game.

This defense is an absolute disgrace and is at the heart of our failure this season.
                What is with you and Steve? Did he kick your dog? The situation in NO was a complete **** show. Coaches we suspended, players on defense were ALL ****.
                2015 was probably one of the worst rosters the Giants ever put on the field.

And besides 2015 his defenses with the Giants have been very good. Even this year the defense has kept games close enough. Maybe they'd be a little better if the offense can stay on the field for more than a minute.

This offense hasn't put up over 30 points in 2 years.....let that sink in. 2 friggin years.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                  Wish we had hired Wade before the Jags got him
                  Wade Phillips went to the L.A. Rams and the Jaguars DC is Todd Wash.

Comment

Money morehead last guy I want to see running the team with what they did they need to get out of this hiring from within.

Comment

after just watching the Spagnuolo press conference I'll be damned if he isn't a hell of a likable guy

always liked that guy ... just as a man

in no way does that have any bearing on his abilities as a coach ... just felt I wanted to say that

Comment

And...

Youre just glossing over the situation in St. Louis when he was there. He loses his aging, injury riddled yet starting QB halfway through the season, who never returned to the league. Then the following year they draft and start a rookie QB who still hasnt found success in the league. Coach Fisher didn't have a winning season there after Spags. Is Fisher a garbage coach too? It was so bad in St. Louis that they moved the team to California.

Oh, and the ultra kicker... wasn't McDaniels the OC in St. Loius under Spags? Does he get any blame? You've got to let that 10-38 arguement go.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

What is with you and Steve? Did he kick your dog? The situation in NO was a complete **** show. Coaches we suspended, players on defense were ALL ****.
                          2015 was probably one of the worst rosters the Giants ever put on the field.

And besides 2015 his defenses with the Giants have been very good. Even this year the defense has kept games close enough. Maybe they'd be a little better if the offense can stay on the field for more than a minute.

This offense hasn't put up over 30 points in 2 years.....let that sink in. 2 friggin years.
                          +1

The defense has underachieved this year but to me that's more attributable to the disdain for the HC by certain members of the secondary. Who was calling for Spags head last year when his unit played lights out? Not you, Morehead. You quietly bided your time.

I am in agreement that a housecleaning is in order but don't go around bringing up what happened in NO as a reason. That's just ridiculous. And as far as 2015, how many players from that defensive unit are still with the team or for that matter, still in football?

He's a good coach. The train is off the rails this season but not because of Spags. It's more because their O is offensive and the players weren't playing for the HC.

Hang in there Morehead, you'll get your wish in four weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Of course the new coach will be able to pick his staff. That has always been how it is with the Giants.

McAdoo picked Spags. Itís not like he had a vast coaching tree to choose from. He picked him by default and he happened to have management support for that. But if he had wanted someone else he could have gotten him. Iím sure of it.

There is no way that any new coach is going to keep any of the current staff. They will all be dismissed and the new coach could rehire them the same way he hires the rest of his staff. But guaranteed they wonít be forced on him. And I would say itís extremely likely we donít see any of them back

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Of course the new coach will be able to pick his staff. That has always been how it is with the Giants.

McAdoo picked Spags. Itís not like he had a vast coaching tree to choose from. He picked him by default and he happened to have management support for that. But if he had wanted someone else he could have gotten him. Iím sure of it.

There is no way that any new coach is going to keep any of the current staff. They will all be dismissed and the new coach could rehire them the same way he hires the rest of his staff. But guaranteed they wonít be forced on him. And I would say itís extremely likely we donít see any of them back
                              Possibly. It is no sure thing that the new head coach would be so quick to dismiss Spagnuolo particularly if they have a prior connection to him or just really like his defensive scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                                after just watching the Spagnuolo press conference I'll be damned if he isn't a hell of a likable guy

always liked that guy ... just as a man

in no way does that have any bearing on his abilities as a coach ... just felt I wanted to say that
                                And that always seems to be what saves him here. He's very likable.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X