Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Spagnuolo Press Conference

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...2-44d94643bdff
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

8 takeaways from Steve Spagnuolo's 1st press conference as Giants' interim coach

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/12/takeaways_from_steve_spagnuolos_1st_press_conferen.html#incart_river_index

Excerpt: "Steve Spagnuolo got his second crack at an NFL head coaching job in an unexpected way.
    Spagnuolo, who went 10-38 as the head coach of the Rams from 2009-11, was promoted to Giants' interim head coach after Ben McAdoo was fired on Monday. Spagnuolo, who had been the Giants' defensive coordinator for the past three seasons, held his first team meeting on Wednesday morning.
    "One of the main focuses was asking the guys that when they come into the building, when they come to work, come to work expecting to win," Spagnuolo said. "That's how they should function. Forget about what has happened prior. Let's just go forward. Come in the building ready to work every day expecting to win."
    Here are eight takeaways from Spagnuolo's first press conference as interim coach:

Seizing the opportunity
    While Spagnuolo didn't want to get the head coaching job under these circumstances, he intends to make the most of the opportunity.
    "I'm honored that ownership asked me to do this," Spagnuolo said. "I will give it every ounce of energy that i have out of respect for this organization. And I'll give every ounce of energy to unite, restore and win football games. That will be the goal."

Full-time goal?

Spagnuolo said he's not viewing these four games as an audition to secure the job full-time.

"I'll be honest with you, I'm not focused at all on that," Spagnuolo said. "I will say this to everybody, and I mean this sincerely, I leave that in God's hands. I'll be where he wants me to be."" Read more...

ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Comment

I like the way he handled the media.
      Plus, the Sinatra reference was nice.

Comment

I like him and hope he does well and the team does well for him.

I going to look at the tape before commenting further.
        Last edited by WayBackFan; 12-06-2017, 06:53 PM.
        Fan since 1970.
        ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
        "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

It was really interesting. Generally the guy is totally likable, professional and comfortable at the podium. He says the right things and leaves out the right things as well. I thought he did a good job overall.

What was also interesting was that he didnít appear to have a plan ready to go as interim HC in some areas....like how plays are going to be called on Sunday. I understand that this was all somewhat sudden, however I probably would have been thinking about this possibility for a few weeks if I were in his shoes. The writing was on the wall and the possibility fairly high that this was going to occur. Also, he has been a head coach before so itís not like he doesnít know what to expect.

having said all of that, Iím sure this is all a bit overwhelming. I guess Iím thinking that he does not appear to be a guy who was thinking about or planning to be the head coach. Interesting how these things happen and what you observe or read into these types of situations.

Comment

I really like him, and am hoping it all works out for him. He seems like a perfect NY guy. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong, can take the HC spot next year and we go back to the playoffs. Just need to find an OC who is creative.
            I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

I agree. Totally likeable guy.

Comment

What a piece of **** press conference. Totally rude to media and wants to look at tape?? Mentioned a good practice?? WTH?? The loser, no personality at all (OK, I do NOT know how to make text RED). I like the guy, always have. If he's not our HC I hope he does well somewhere, he's a class act all the way around, not like Ben. That being said, I hope Ben finds success.
                Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                  Yeah, he was a breath of fresh of air compared to McApoopiepant's tough-guy who's never done anything but site cliches routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Yeah, he was a breath of fresh of air compared to McApoopiepant's tough-guy who's never done anything but site cliches routine.
                    named eli the starter today as i said was scripted already on monday.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                      i like the fact he is italian, but he dodged the question about seeing webb. tells me that idea was scrapped Eli wouldnt start if that was still in the picture.

Comment

You gotta start Eli it is what is right at this time. Get Eli back into this next game and then you approach him diffrently, nothing like the way Ben did. You tell him we have to try and work Webb into some of these last remaining games to see his potential. Eli will have no issues with them wanting to see Webb take a few snaps and see what he is capable of. It's amazing how far respect gets a person in life!

Im pretty sure these next 4 games will be handled with respect and dignity not the Been Macadoo way!

I can't imagine a huge change with Spags taking over but I suspect a change in everyone's attitude and drive!

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
                          You gotta start Eli it is what is right at this time. Get Eli back into this next game and then you approach him diffrently, nothing like the way Ben did. You tell him we have to try and work Webb into some of these last remaining games to see his potential. Eli will have no issues with them wanting to see Webb take a few snaps and see what he is capable of. It's amazing how far respect gets a person in life!

Im pretty sure these next 4 games will be handled with respect and dignity not the Been Macadoo way!

I can't imagine a huge change with Spags taking over but I suspect a change in everyone's attitude and drive!
                          we are eliminated, and eli made it clear he will not share any qb time

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
                            Eli will have no issues with them wanting to see Webb take a few snaps and see what he is capable of.
                            Actually, thats what caused this whole debacle in the first place... Eli wanted to start and finish. IF he was going to let Webb or Geno get time, he wasnt going to play.
                            I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Actually, thats what caused this whole debacle in the first place... Eli wanted to start and finish. IF he was going to let Webb or Geno get time, he wasnt going to play.
                              Macdoo had some balls and let Eli sorry as get the bench, I hope they dont let Eli run out the last couple games of they year

Comment

Working...
                              X