Eli Manning wants a Giants encore next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning wants a Giants encore next season

"Eli Manning has loved being the quarterback of the New York Giants through three presidents now. And because he still clings to this Jeteresque dream of retiring with the team that traded for him on draft day, you can bet your No. 10 jersey he was delivering a message, perhaps even a plea, to the next general manager and head coach:

“I don’t think I’m in decline,” Manning said.

“I think I can make the throws and be a good quarterback and win a lot of games.”"

"The next game he gets a chance to win comes Sunday against the Cowboys at MetLife Stadium now that interim head coach Steve Spagnuolo has taken the football from Geno Smith and handed it back to him following a one-game absence that felt like an eternity to him and to so many Giants fans.

“I want to be the starting quarterback next year,” Manning said."

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/eli-ma...e-next-season/
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

We are usually the last to know. I hope Eli is here through his contract, but not at the expense o seriously looking for his replacement, to include Webb.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      We are usually the last to know. I hope Eli is here through his contract, but not at the expense o seriously looking for his replacement, to include Webb.
      Can't see them not drafting a QB with a high pick!
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

Can't see them not drafting a QB with a high pick!
        I will wait for that, thanks. In the meantime, Webb needs real reps.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
          "Eli Manning has loved being the quarterback of the New York Giants through three presidents now. And because he still clings to this Jeteresque dream of retiring with the team that traded for him on draft day, you can bet your No. 10 jersey he was delivering a message, perhaps even a plea, to the next general manager and head coach:

“I don’t think I’m in decline,” Manning said.

“I think I can make the throws and be a good quarterback and win a lot of games.”"

"The next game he gets a chance to win comes Sunday against the Cowboys at MetLife Stadium now that interim head coach Steve Spagnuolo has taken the football from Geno Smith and handed it back to him following a one-game absence that felt like an eternity to him and to so many Giants fans.

“I want to be the starting quarterback next year,” Manning said."

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/eli-ma...e-next-season/
          Im sure if the fans complain enough our FO will bend over.

Comment

It really doesn't look like he's going to get them.
            Spags doesn't want to get lynched....like McAdoo did.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Meh...the day a competitor doesn't say that is the day it's a story.

He's not the guy that makes the decisions.
              eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Meh...the day a competitor doesn't say that is the day it's a story.

He's not the guy that makes the decisions.
                Yes to part 1, I hope to part 2

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You think Be was lynched for that?
                  eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

Not sure Giants fans will want to see an "encore" of this season next year though.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I don't see that type of reaction to Webb getting in games. Where the former leaders went wrong was picking Smith, IMO.

Mara was in favor of sharing the reps then.

Comment

I want Eli back. This gives us a lot of flexibility going into the draft, especially if we end up with a top 2 pick.

1- Stay put and draft Eli's predecessor. Allow him to sit and learn at his own pace as Eli finishes out his contract. If he ends up outplaying Eli and wins the job so be it.

2- Stay put and draft Saquon Barkley. Presuming we address the OL a bit in FA, then again later in the draft, this would give Eli the running game he's missed for nearly a decade. One thing Eli was always good at was play action. Saquon would force defenses to play honest, which would open it up more for our weapons on the outside.

3- Trade down. Get a plethora of picks from a truly QB needy team. This again is presuming we address the OL and FA and the draft. Eli with time, and our current weapons on the outside, is still formidable.

At this time, option 2 is my preference. The first time I saw Barkley play two years ago, I told my buddy who's a PSU fan I wanted the Giants to draft him. I think he's a generational talent, and would open up everything for us offensively. Especially for Eli. Similar to Odell, I think Saquon has the potential to extend Eli's career as a Giant through another contract.
                        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                        Garrett Bolles - OT
                        David Njoku - TE
                        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I don't see that type of reaction to Webb getting in games. Where the former leaders went wrong was picking Smith, IMO.

Mara was in favor of sharing the reps then.
                          He doesn't seem to be now. At least that's the impression I get after his press conference and then his conversation on WFAN. But there are still 4 games left.

We shall see if Spags even dresses the kid on Sunday.
                          If I was an interim coach and I saw what happened last week.......I'd be concerned.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

He wont get them now. Book it

Comment

Working...
                              X