Eli Manning wants a Giants encore next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

They will win at least one playoff game...THIS season.
    Up and coming teams don't dump their QB. Rarely if ever does it happen.
    yeah i know and if they add eli, they are superbowl contenders. i know 2 nfl people guys and a whole region of football fans that will lose their minds if they see Eli and TC on the other side of a playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

When the season began, we wee heading to the Super Bowl. Great managers adapt to prevailing winds when he **** hits the fan. Had McAdoo put Webb in, we would not have witnessed the the magnitude of backlash that came with Smith.
      SuperBowl my ***. Not with this Oline. That was a delusional thought

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

yeah i know and if they add eli, they are superbowl contenders. i know 2 nfl people guys and a whole region of football fans that will lose their minds if they see Eli and TC on the other side of a playoff game.
        Some of those people coming from this message board.
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Im in the camp that I'm ok with him staying on the team next year but letting him know that he is playing the role of mentor. We are drafting a Qb and they are the future of the team. Basically what Kurt was to Eli.

Comment

• His physical game is as good as ever.

He has not lost arm strength. He can still make every throw.

It is the mental confidence he has lost. He can get that back.

Imo he is not done. Not one bit!

*stares at Eli poster above his bead teary eyed..

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Trent Diller relied on his run game and an all time great defense. ELI even now is more skilled and if needed can play that role and will be asked to do more to take off pressure from fournette.

​​​
              If we’re being honest Eli looks like he isn’t worth a wooden nickel over the past 2 seasons.

Comment

• Last time I checked there was a struggling young QB, Trevor Siemian, and Brock Osweiler as the top 2 QB's on Denver's roster and Mr. Irrelevant, Chad Kelly, still recovering from surgeries. Last I heard he is throwing the ball now. Being that Peyton Manning is a fairly familiar name around Denver, I could see Eli playing for the Broncos next year. I'm sure there are probably other possibilities with other teams but this one seems like more than just a long shot.

As far as Jax is concerned, I think it would shatter whatever confidence Bortles may be building if they obtained Eli somehow so if they made that move they would have already decided to move away from him and not pay the money. I don't think they can afford both.
                Last edited by GCGiant; 12-07-2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
                  Im in the camp that I'm ok with him staying on the team next year but letting him know that he is playing the role of mentor. We are drafting a Qb and they are the future of the team. Basically what Kurt was to Eli.
                  That's exactly what's going to happen. Gino is gone and we need a starting QB and that's Eli. I'd be shocked If we didn't draft a top College QB in the draft. A lot depends on our draft position. If we win a few more games, we might have to trade up. I'd be shocked if Webb was the answer, but I hope he gets some playing time so we can get a look at him. If Eli wants to be back, he will be back!
                  Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• I hope to see Webb today and not Elis doofus face all day while he carries a 2-10 team, dang loser

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I disagree - respectfully.

i don't think Webb getting reps in a real game will weigh heavily on whoever is running this team next year.

If I am running this team, the only way I put Webb in is to save Eli from injury.

And then I'll pray for Webb's safety.
                      When did players become porcelain dolls?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

SuperBowl my ***. Not with this Oline. That was a delusional thought
                        Yes, shared by MANY RIGHT HERE
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

They will win at least one playoff game...THIS season.
                          Up and coming teams don't dump their QB. Rarely if ever does it happen.
                          The 49ers did this to Alex Smith and they went to the Super Bowl that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

The 49ers did this to Alex Smith and they went to the Super Bowl that year.
                            With an aging QB? No sir. they brought in the young back up.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• I'm actually starting to think that its VERY unlikely the Jags bring in Eli. Tom knows there was some magic synergy for the two SB wins, and as a long time coach knows it could be very hard to have happen by bringing in an outsider. Marrone and TC look like saviors down there even though most of us know that roster was quietly being fortified. Those two aren't stupid and they know it could look very poorly upon them if it went south. Now if ownership desired Eli that would be a different issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

Some of those people coming from this message board.
                                That too, but I was thinking of Brady/ beliicheck and NE fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X