Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants still know nothing about Davis Webb’s abilities, which can be problematic heading into the NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants still know nothing about Davis Webb’s abilities, which can be problematic heading into the NFL draft

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3681781

Excerpt: "It took a few tears from Eli, outrage from Big Blue Nation, then Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese having their key cards revoked — they should check with Tom Coughlin how to retain their gym membership at the Giants facility — and things are back to normal.

As normal as things can be with a 2-10 team that has its bags packed for Odell Beckham’s next Miami boat trip after drinks with the Biebs.

The Giants are still a crappy team, Manning successfully pushed to get his job back as starting quarterback and once again they are back to having no plan to get rookie Davis Webb any playing time in a lost season.

Ben McAdoo’s poor execution of his QB plan last week infuriated Giants fans. He started Jets castoff Geno Smith when Manning refused to play just the first half, but at least McAdoo was intending to get Webb on the field in the final month of the season.

That would allow the Giants to determine if he has the potential to allow them to skip over Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen with what is now the second pick in the 2018 draft and take Penn State running back Saquon Barkley or deal down for an embarrassment of riches in picks.

So, while succumbing to Manning’s power play to get his job back after McAdoo was canned was necessary to prevent a revolt at MetLife Stadium for this week’s game against Dallas, it was disturbing to hear interim coach Steve Spagnuolo say in his first press conference Wednesday that the only QB plan currently on the table is for Manning to start." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Another writer that has a weak attempt to pawns his opinion as fact.

He makes it sound as if everything was hunky dory in Giants land until Eli was benched? The idiot failed to list the myriad of problems that has befallen this team that directly point to the HC.

Just to name a few.

2-10
    Can't score more then 20 points.
    HC has never been able to get his Offense in the position to score 30 (28 games)
    Defense can't stop anyone.
    Players indirectly criticizing the head coach through the press.
    Head coach looking clueless when asked how is going to fix the problems. Proved it with the same issues popping up week after week.
    HC throwing everyone and thing he could under the bus.
    Suspending some players while allowing other to do what they want.

Yea the Eli Benching is why he was fired and had nothing to do with the fact he could not coach someone on how to tie their shoes.

The GM has had his hands in the problems for 5-6 years. again the Writer failed to mention that.

Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

He makes it sound as if everything was hunky dory in Giants land until Eli was benched? The idiot failed to list the myriad of problems that has befallen this team that directly point to the HC.

Just to name a few.

2-10
      HC has never been able to get his Offense in the position to score 30 (28 games)
      Head coach looking clueless when asked how is going to fix the problems. Proved it with the same issues popping up week after week.

Yea the Eli Benching is why he was fired and had nothing to do with the fact he could not coach someone on how to tie their shoes.

The GM has had his hands in the problems for 5-6 years. again the Writer failed to mention that.

True. I was not shocked that BM was canned, but I was that Reese went. I actually thought he was untouchable. Him going reassured me that they DO give a sh#t about winning. I don't think it was all about the drafting, the JPP and Eli contracts may have played a role. The huge FA splash WAS a bandaid, and only Harrison seems to be a Giants type of team player.

Comment

The headline makes no sense.

The Giants don't no anything about Webb's abilities simply because they haven't seen him in a regular season game?

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Just to name a few.

2-10

As well as the flawed logic that anything Webb shows in these final games if he played would give Giants enough info to pass on QBs and dub him the future of the franchise. If Giants view any of these upcoming QBs as franchise QB material then they should draft them period. If Barkley grades out so much higher then the QBs and they aren't viewed as franchise material then Barkley if available should be the pick. If the QBs don't grade out to be franchise QB material and a team is willing to offer a deal that can't be refused then the pick should be moved. None of these moves should be based on if Webb played and looked decent in these 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

The Giants don't no anything about Webb's abilities simply because they haven't seen him in a regular season game?
            The headline had to be shortened to fit
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

'Succumbing to Eli's power play to get his job back'. LOL. Eli went to Spags and said he wanted to play. How is that a 'power play' by Eli when it was obvious that the Giants were going to put Eli back as the starter when McAdoo and JR got fired? Although, the Giants do still need to see what Webb has to offer in a regular season game.
              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MDH View Post

As well as the flawed logic that anything Webb shows in these final games if he played would give Giants enough info to pass on QBs and dub him the future of the franchise. If Giants view any of these upcoming QBs as franchise QB material then they should draft them period. If Barkley grades out so much higher then the QBs and they aren't viewed as franchise material then Barkley if available should be the pick. If the QBs don't grade out to be franchise QB material and a team is willing to offer a deal that can't be refused then the pick should be moved. None of these moves should be based on if Webb played and looked decent in these 4 games.
                Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Most people (not you) realize it's assumed by the author that those that follow football realize he meant in real NFL game conditions.

I can see where the article got you confused.

Hope that answers your confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

Most people (not you) realize it's assumed by the author that those that follow football realize he meant in real NFL game conditions.

Are you saying that we could see enough of Webb over the next 4 games to pass on a QB with the first pick?
                    eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

I will no longer respond to questions which have an obvious answer

Comment

No confusion. The entire premise of the article is wrong. Not surprising that you don't realize that, since you operate solely in the world of "wrong".

Comment

For everyone who thinks Webb needs to start.

a) You cannot evaluate him with no Offensive line, running game etc..
                          b) If he was that high in potential by now he would have moved ahead of Geno Smith
                          c) of course, they have been evaluating him closely. You think he just drinks coffee all day!

Comment

I will no longer respond to questions which have an obvious answer
                            Is the obvious answer that "yes, you could have determined to pass on a QB with a top pick based on seeing Webb in the second half of 4 games"?
                            eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

Gary Myers is a clown. An absolute Clown. If he died tomorrow and I wrote articles for the News under his name I would do a BETTER job. Everyone on here would do BETTER than that clown.

So now that I have that out of the way, I am going to ignore 90% of his crummy article and focus on the one thing I agree with:
                              - The GIANTS need to put Webb on the field this year so the incoming GM can have tape of him (Against an opponent)
                              - That I agree with

Comment

Working...
                              X