Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants still know nothing about Davis Webb’s abilities, which can be problematic heading into the NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

No confusion. The entire premise of the article is wrong. Not surprising that you don't realize that, since you operate solely in the world of "wrong".
    LOL. Whatever you say as "the pope" of the Giants message board nothing you say can be challenged. please forgive my insolence

those of us over on the island of the wrongheaded however would still like to see Webb get at a minimum legit start in these last 4 games to see if he has the right stuff
    before wasting a pick on a QB this coming draft.

We would also like to see the Giants owner weigh in on this matter and not hide behind Interim HC Spagnuolo who thinks beating Dallas is our ticket to future redemption. Beating Dallas would only accomplish one thing- beating Dallas. With Eli at the helm it will do nothing to solve our QB anxiety

Dallas is a so so team with a very shaky QB situation of their own......beating them means little to clear a path to another Giants Trophy

Comment

Originally posted by MDH View Post

As well as the flawed logic that anything Webb shows in these final games if he played would give Giants enough info to pass on QBs and dub him the future of the franchise. If Giants view any of these upcoming QBs as franchise QB material then they should draft them period. If Barkley grades out so much higher then the QBs and they aren't viewed as franchise material then Barkley if available should be the pick. If the QBs don't grade out to be franchise QB material and a team is willing to offer a deal that can't be refused then the pick should be moved. None of these moves should be based on if Webb played and looked decent in these 4 games.
      Agree 100%

Comment

Yes nobody could understand, except McAdoo, why Eli was benched to play Geno Smith and not Davis Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

True. I was not shocked that BM was canned, but I was that Reese went. I actually thought he was untouchable. Him going reassured me that they DO give a sh#t about winning. I don't think it was all about the drafting, the JPP and Eli contracts may have played a role. The huge FA splash WAS a bandaid, and only Harrison seems to be a Giants type of team player.
          I was also with Reese but things had to change. Will they be for the better with a new GM? That has yet to be determined. I was not as much with Mac . He was completely incompetent . A new HC will make a big difference even with this IR remnant team.
          Last edited by TEM; 12-07-2017, 07:35 PM.
          Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

As well as the flawed logic that anything Webb shows in these final games if he played would give Giants enough info to pass on QBs and dub him the future of the franchise. If Giants view any of these upcoming QBs as franchise QB material then they should draft them period. If Barkley grades out so much higher then the QBs and they aren't viewed as franchise material then Barkley if available should be the pick. If the QBs don't grade out to be franchise QB material and a team is willing to offer a deal that can't be refused then the pick should be moved. None of these moves should be based on if Webb played and looked decent in these 4 games.
            I agree 100%
            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Putting Webb behind this pathetic offensive line will do nothing but get the poor kid killed.

Comment

Bang on

Comment

what an absolutely clueless article ... clueless

even if Webb played ... and looked like Dan Marino out there the Giants would be taking a QB with a top 5 pick ... because that's what you do when you are high in the draft ... you address the most important position on the field

you are not always going to be this high ... when you are and have an aging starter you take a QB

evaluating Webb would do absolutely nothing to change this ... zero

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                    Gary Myers is a clown. An absolute Clown. If he died tomorrow and I wrote articles for the News under his name I would do a BETTER job. Everyone on here would do BETTER than that clown.
                    I don't know this writer, nor have I ever read articles on Giants football other than what people post here, or Newsday.
                    But this, the second sentence of his article that I'm supposed to take seriously:
                    "As normal as things can be with a 2-10 team that has its bags packed for Odell Beckham’s next Miami boat trip after drinks with the Biebs"
                    tells me all I need to know about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Markroman View Post
                      For everyone who thinks Webb needs to start.

a) You cannot evaluate him with no Offensive line, running game etc..
                      b) If he was that high in potential by now he would have moved ahead of Geno Smith
                      c) of course, they have been evaluating him closely. You think he just drinks coffee all day!
                      In response to b): with all the crazy **** we've been hearing and seen go down, how do we know Geno worshipper McAdoo hadn't been pushing Webb backward in advancement or giving poor reports of his performance in practices?

Comment

If we have a top 2 pick, then we pick a potential franchise QB. It's not worth it to play Webb because the O.L. is bad, which makes everything else on offense disfunctional for him. At this point, being competitive but losing in the end should make everyone happy. That would mean some guys stepped up and should be around next year, while we also secure a very high draft pick in the 2018 draft.

Comment

And they have no one to blame but themselves for that. They had all season to play him in spurts. Now they're at the point where playing him at all right now tells us nothing. Ben and Jerry are both gone and he was "their guy". I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he were released this offseason and chalked as an L.
                          If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                            And they have no one to blame but themselves for that. They had all season to play him in spurts. Now they're at the point where playing him at all right now tells us nothing. Ben and Jerry are both gone and he was "their guy". I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he were released this offseason and chalked as an L.
                            I don't think that would be a smart move at all

he is a really bright kid and a very good thrower of the football ... I can absolutely see him being a starter in this league at some point ... and a good one

Comment

Doesn't really matter what Webb can do. If we pick what everyone think we're going to pick (Darnold or Rosen) in the first round and the only reason why you draft one of those guys is for them to START. So simply put..Webb rides the bench for a very very long time.

Honestly I think we wasted a third rounder last year that could of filled a need somewhere else.

Comment

I'd like to see Webb get a start too but let's not pretend that you can pass on a QB potential top five pick based on anything that Webb can show at this stage considering that he was a third round pick and we're in December without him having dressed for a game or even take any significant snaps in training.

He could light up the Redskins in a Week 17 dead rubber and you still take Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield if they're on the board and if Webb is the real deal as well then that's perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X