Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Giants have put Davis Webb in a weird situation

https://nypost.com/2017/12/07/davis-...troversy-fray/

Excerpt: "Davis Webb is in quarterback limbo.

Interim coach Steve Spagnuolo said the decision on how to use the rookie over the final stretch of the season has been put on hold after the Giants fired coach Ben McAdoo and general manager Jerry Reese on Monday. The only thing known for sure is Eli Manning will start against the Cowboys on Sunday.

“[Offensive coordinator] Mike [Sullivan] and I and the offensive coaches will talk about that as we go,” Spagnuolo said after practice Wednesday when asked about the plan for Webb. “The No. 1 focus right now is to figure out a way to beat the Dallas Cowboys. I can tell you that. And, each week we’ll talk about those other things.”

Webb said he isn’t concerned with the uncertainly around him.

“I don’t get to pick and choose what happens,” Webb said. “All I get to do is control what I can control. I am the quarterback of the scout team right now.”

One of the reasons for the organization replacing Manning with Geno Smith last week against the Raiders was to get a look at the quarterbacks behind the two-time Super Bowl MVP. The Giants are in line for a top pick in a draft that is loaded with highly touted quarterbacks, but they haven’t seen Webb — their third-round pick last spring — play outside of the preseason and in practice. He isn’t fazed by the possibility of the team drafting another quarterback.

“They can,” said Webb, who has been inactive for every game this season. “It’s not going to bother me. I am going to continue what I’m doing and I think I am doing just fine.”" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

See, this is where McAdoo screwed us even more. Bench Manning to start Geno instead of Webb? Are you kidding me?

Comment

Man if this is true, Spagnulolo should be replaced. Another guy thinking about his own future over what's best for the team.

Maybe they should put buzzers at each seat and let the mob decide who plays and put the play choices on the screen to pick what play to run next.

The team has become a circus. Where is the leadership. Under their desks?

All we we are thinking about is beating Dallas? Seriously?

We don't give a hoot about winning the title again? Rebuilding the team? Getting to the playoffs again? Determining if we need to draft a high profile QB?
      Fixing the Oline?

Dallas? Really...... and when he loses to Dallas 44-3 what is the plan next week for his team that is only thinking about "clean out your lockers Monday"?

I have news for Spags, by placating the mob he has signed his own release papers. He is exuding weakness.

He is in a tough spot but in the end he will regret the weakness. Ben may have been a bit aloof but at least he did things his way, and in the end proved that QB immobility is killing us. I thank him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gints4Free View Post
        See, this is where McAdoo screwed us even more. Bench Manning to start Geno instead of Webb? Are you kidding me?
        lets take it in stages, eli was supposed to start the game, he declined, you are mc, you have geno who is the number 2 guy who has started before and webb #3 scout team guy , who would you put in to play the game? not a mc fan but in this case he had to choose the one with starting experience in a pinch.

Comment

Another thing, Webb sure has a good head on his shoulders....very honest, smart, and unselfish

If they are not going to play Webb they should make him interim HC.....he obviously has a better grip on reality than Spags.

Comment

nothing weird here, bench the QB and let webb play, If he doesnt play then that will show elis devotion to the team

Comment

if eli dont let webb play **** ypou eli you sorry as qb...your nopt ganna trick me like these idiots, **** you if webb dont play today your ****oignded

Comment

In other words, if eli dont let webb play today it shows his not loyancy to the team, I want to ****ing win and if eli cant win **** you *** hole

Comment

Originally posted by Gints4Free View Post
                  Starting Geno was not the problem.....he should have given Webb some snaps in the second half

Oh I forgot, Geno nearly won that game.....taking him out was impossible. Will be interesting to see what Spags does at halftime or when we are down 20-30 orients with a team I predict will mail it in

Comment

**** if eli dont win today bench him for geno like Macdoo did **** your sorry *** gameplay Eli but if you cant win go sing combayah somehwere ****ing else

Comment

go sing sing kumbaya in the ****ing jangaurs. Us NYG fans aint got time for 2-10, you sorry *** qb

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post
                        In other words, if eli dont let webb play today it shows his not loyancy to the team, I want to ****ing win and if eli cant win **** you *** hole

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

lol i know you cant be that dumb to think ELI has anything left

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post
                            go sing sing kumbaya in the ****ing jangaurs. Us NYG fans aint got time for 2-10, you sorry *** qb
                            lol there is no game today man, relax , but yes Eli made it clear he will not have any different QB business. and his fans agreed , sent in hate mail , comments on twitter and even put up a billboard.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/29/giants...nning-debacle/

Comment

Now there is a kid with some obvious Loyancy

might be our future QB someday the way he moves those hands

Comment

Working...
                              X