Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this talk about who's starting qb but what about rb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about who's starting qb but what about rb?

Why not let gallman start and get most of the carrys? Darwka's last 3 games have not been the best at just avg 3 yards a carry. He has avg 4.4 yards a carry on the season. I don't have a ton of faith in him nor do I think he should be the number 1 back next year cause he always seems to be hurt. I'd love to see us use a 2nd round pick on a rb next year, ie a dalvin cook in the 2nd round. But I know I know we need the oline help.
    Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 12-07-2017, 09:27 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

I agree we need a great RB but I think the OL is more important.
    a lot of problems get fixed with a good O line.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      I agree we need a great RB but I think the OL is more important.
      a lot of problems get fixed with a good O line.
      Oline is always more important yes, but people on this board greatly undervalue the rb position. To the point where one poster said, "barry sanders would only avg 2 yards behind this line", which at the time was worse than rashad Jennings. So I jennings is better than barry sanders.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
        Why not let gallman start and get most of the carrys? Darwka's last 3 games have not been the best at just avg 3 yards a carry. He has avg 4.4 yards a carry on the season. I don't have a ton of faith in him nor do I think he should be the number 1 back next year cause he always seems to be hurt. I'd love to see us use a 2nd round pick on a rb next year, ie a dalvin cook in the 2nd round. But I know I know we need the oline help.
        Gallman has showed great promise but he needs to learn to hold on to the ball. I like the fact that he is the only Giants running back that when he gets hit he always falls forward and he gains some hard earned yards. But then again Mcidiot was not the coach to teach anything to Gallman be cause he is not a true coach. If the Giants fix their O-line problems, I think even with an average RB we will be fine.

Comment

Elliot's YPC went from 5.1 last year to 4.1 this year.....probably because Dallas' line isn't as good as last year, which is also why Dak is not having a great year.

I think someone like Darkwa or Gallman would be good enough to move the chains if the line gave them consistent holes.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

It doesn't really matter. If you feel you've seen enough to evaluate Darkwa then give Gallman more carries. But last week we had 3 undrafted rookies starting on the O line. And who knows what combination is coming this week. Mediocre RB's and WR's at best. Maybe you can't really get a feel for what a player can do this season anyway. Or coach for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
              It doesn't really matter. If you feel you've seen enough to evaluate Darkwa then give Gallman more carries. But last week we had 3 undrafted rookies starting on the O line. And who knows what combination is coming this week. Mediocre RB's and WR's at best. Maybe you can't really get a feel for what a player can do this season anyway. Or coach for that matter.
              Very true about how bad the offense is. I guess the question is are you happy with darwka, gallman, and Perkins next season. I'm not.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

oh for a few extra lbs on gallman, god that kid runs with everything he has each carry.
                if we get an oline that can even open it up just alil bit more, gallman could be a beast

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
                  oh for a few extra lbs on gallman, god that kid runs with everything he has each carry.
                  if we get an oline that can even open it up just alil bit more, gallman could be a beast
                  I want to see more of gallman.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

All the RBs currently on the roster are easily replaceable. None of them brings anything to the table that you can't find in any draft or even after the draft. They are good enough to win games with if you have a solid OL and strong passing game. You could make the case that Gallman is the best of them, but so what, its like finding the best cowpie in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      All the RBs currently on the roster are easily replaceable. None of them brings anything to the table that you can't find in any draft or even after the draft. They are good enough to win games with if you have a solid OL and strong passing game. You could make the case that Gallman is the best of them, but so what, its like finding the best cowpie in the field.
                      Lol that's not a bad example. None of them are great. Still wish we got Gurley.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                        Elliot's YPC went from 5.1 last year to 4.1 this year.....probably because Dallas' line isn't as good as last year, which is also why Dak is not having a great year.

I think someone like Darkwa or Gallman would be good enough to move the chains if the line gave them consistent holes.
                        they have had injuries this year think last year they were pretty healthy,seems like they might be getting healthier.

Comment

well said

Comment

Good Giants team, bad Giants team, decent RB, horrible RB - our team has been rotating RBs for each series and even in the same possession for quite some time, now. Unless they land this first rounder that everyone is talking about, it's probably not going to change. And as much as I'd love to see a beast bell cow, instead of all these cowpies in there, that can work too - with the right personnel on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Good Giants team, bad Giants team, decent RB, horrible RB - our team has been rotating RBs for each series and even in the same possession for quite some time, now. Unless they land this first rounder that everyone is talking about, it's probably not going to change. And as much as I'd love to see a beast bell cow, instead of all these cowpies in there, that can work too - with the right personnel on the line.
                              I think the Giants need to focus on improving the line and keeping it stocked. With a high pick this year though, the Giants will probably need to take a QB. You hopefully don't get to pick this high very often, when you do and there is a QB that you think will be a franchise level QB, you have to take him. A solid OL will help every other facet of the offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X