Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this talk about who's starting qb but what about rb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it even matter which running back starts? None of them are very good, and the o-line is nonexistent.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

I think the Giants need to focus on improving the line and keeping it stocked. With a high pick this year though, the Giants will probably need to take a QB. You hopefully don't get to pick this high very often, when you do and there is a QB that you think will be a franchise level QB, you have to take him. A solid OL will help every other facet of the offense.
      Yes, it looks like the chances of picking a top RB (sorry, I'm blanking at the big name in the upcoming draft some here have been talking about) are extremely slim. Assuming it is a QB in the first round, that just pushes the needs at O-line, and so many other areas of need, back a bit. And just about everyone claims, or at least agrees, that linemen are scarce and very expensive in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
        Why not let gallman start and get most of the carrys? Darwka's last 3 games have not been the best at just avg 3 yards a carry. He has avg 4.4 yards a carry on the season. I don't have a ton of faith in him nor do I think he should be the number 1 back next year cause he always seems to be hurt. I'd love to see us use a 2nd round pick on a rb next year, ie a dalvin cook in the 2nd round. But I know I know we need the oline help.
        Gallman got dinged up, limited in practice

Comment

Id be OK with us keeping our RBs, theyre both young, cheap, and shown promise. Id also be totally cool with getting Saquon Barkley in the 1st as well.

We all know a good run game begins behind a strong OL, so as long as we come away from the draft with a few good OL, ill be happy. Just look at how the run game changed with the addition of Fluker and Jones, and then how it got demolished when Fluker and Pugh got hurt

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Next year? Saquon Barkley.
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
              Next year? Saquon Barkley.
              Yes please! Get some vets in here on the o line maybe trade up to get another olineman in the bottom of the second but picks one and 2 should be saquon and lamar jackson
              Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

I am sick and tired of utilizing #2 type guys in #1 roles. I want a number one caliber running back for a change.

Comment

Use them both. It doesn't matter who starts.

Comment

"Give me Barkley or give me death!" That and shore up the O line. If healthy, we're immediately competative. Look at Dallas with and without Zeke.

Comment

Last year there were a bunch of RBs in FA. I think if Giants are ganna get a RB it has to be between round 1-2.
                      No point in keep drafting RBs in later rounds since it wont be much of an upgrade from what we have now. Being that QB and OL will most likely be the first two we are going for I think they skip RB this year and get one next draft. I used to really want a RB but now im used to not having one. To bad though since Barkley sounds promising and who knows the next time we get an opportunity to get a top 5 pick

Comment

Working...
                      X