Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Tuck: Giants have to find ‘the Tom Coughlin of today’

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/justin...hlin-of-today/

Excerpt: "Former Giants Super Bowl champion Justin Tuck has a clear vision of what he would want in the next Giants head coach.

“I would like to see somebody with a lot of experience … I would like to see somebody that has a reputation of leadership and no-nonsense. Honestly, I would like to see the Tom Coughlin of today,” Tuck told the Post. “I think this team has a lot of young talent. But they need a very strong figure at the helm. A leadership head.”

In the wake of the Eli Manning debacle, that led to the expedited firings of head coach Ben McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese, Tuck knows exactly what John Mara and Steve Tisch need in Reese’s replacement.

“At the end of the day, you gotta have somebody at the helm the guys trust,” Tuck said. “I think the situation with Eli kinda put a pause on, for years, for as long as I’ve ever been associated with the Giants or knew anything about the Giants, it was a class organization, a loyal organization. Once a Giant, Always a Giant. They did things to make sure their players stayed their players.

“I can remember talking to Jessie Armstead about just working with Ernie Accorsi, and Jessie would sign like six contracts as a Giant or whatever it is. I don’t know if everybody sees the Giants in the same light as those years right now,” Tuck said. “So I think there has to be a rebuilding of trust. I’ve heard people say, ‘If they’ll do that to Eli, geez, they’ll do that to anybody.’" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

So, who is the Tom Coughlin of today ?
    Tom was the Giants receivers coach for years.
    ​​​Jacksonville HC and then Boston College HC.

Comment

I'm sick of all this "put Humpty Dumpty" back together again nonsense. The past is the past.
      find the best GM and HC for the job for our team moving forward....and don't look back.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I'm sick of all this "put Humpty Dumpty" back together again nonsense. The past is the past.
        find the best GM and HC for the job for our team moving forward....and don't look back.
        Exactly! If I wanted to live in the past, why would I try to find today’s Tom Coughlin?
        Id want today’s George Halas or today’s Vince Lombardi’!
        If people are going to look backwards, shoot for the pate’, not the goose ****.

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I disagree with Tuck. The past is the past. Instead of trying to regain an old identity, they should be trying to establish a new one. That is exactly why I think that they should eliminate ALL in house candidates and any other candidate with former giants ties. That goes for both the HC and GM.
          ​​​​​
          If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Agreed.
            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Ummm...did any of you actually read what he said?
              eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

Ehhh.....with all due respect to TC, and to Tuck, it seems like HC's these days are younger and more "in tune" with the players of this generation.

Although that being said McAdoo was young.

So I dunno.....let's find a middle aged genius!
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

The past would be to re-hire TC, he just wants us to get a tough coach who can be a good mentor and control the locker room. Give guys something to play for and someone they'll want to run through a brick wall for.

Comment

This is a great article about finding a HC, about how most are picked from those teams with star quarterbacks. I guess that is my fear with McDaniels too. Can he be a HC, or will he always be an OC in disguise? Maybe he changed and maybe he is a pure genius. I guess we'd have to see for ourselves.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...gain-and-again

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                      Ummm...did any of you actually read what he said?
                      No, they are reacting to "Tom Coughlin"
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Id rather find the next Bill Belichick.
                        I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

No, they are reacting to "Tom Coughlin"
                          Because his description of what he thinks a coach should be like seems pretty desirable to me.

And I am going to forgive him the all too common reliance on the "Cower/Chuckie/Dungy" answer...it's a pretty common refrain.
                          eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

I would like to see the Giants find a coach with the attributes of the "original" Tom Coughlin, but not the one who threw Eli under the bus in the "don't score"! game or the Tom Coughlin who let OBJ get away with "murder" in the Josh Norman debacle, and then claimed he was unaware.

Comment

wait a min , im connecting the dots here , tuck says we need someone TC like. then i read Spags has implemented some of tc's rules. hmmmm the seed has been planted

Comment

Working...
                              X