Justin Tuck: Giants have to find ‘the Tom Coughlin of today’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    wait a min , im connecting the dots here , tuck says we need someone TC like. then i read Spags has implemented some of tc's rules. hmmmm the seed has been planted
    I'd like to see Spags return the Giants to wearing suits to and from the game.

The team look like a disagree under McAdoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I'm sick of all this "put Humpty Dumpty" back together again nonsense. The past is the past.
      find the best GM and HC for the job for our team moving forward....and don't look back.
      Exactly

Comment

Closet two guys I can come up with as the Tom Coughlin of Today are:
        - Mike Smith
        - John Fox (if the Bears fire him)

Would you take either one?

I would take Mike Smith, he should be a HC right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
          - Mike Smith

I wouldn't want either at this point. Not exactly sure who the candidate should be, but neither are high on my personal list (and I'm sure Mara/Tisch will utilize my list to the fullest... )

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I'm sick of all this "put Humpty Dumpty" back together again nonsense. The past is the past.
            find the best GM and HC for the job for our team moving forward....and don't look back.
            You would think that is self evident, ah well.

Comment

- Mike Smith

Marvin Lewis would intrigue me if he is let go by the Bengals.

Comment

Does he want an assistant coaching Job? Would be nice to have a respected Vet on the sidelines to motivate those "bums"
                Long Live the King

Comment

I guess there is no other TC of today if we don't where he is.

Comment

Sorry justin
                    they threw away the mold

Comment

- Mike Smith

Fox might be a good prospect.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        wait a min , im connecting the dots here , tuck says we need someone TC like. then i read Spags has implemented some of tc's rules. hmmmm the seed has been planted
                        Yes
                        wearing red white and blue in practice will tip the scales for sure

hes the same guy who thinks our future is wrapped around. Beat Dallas

maybe his is, not the Giantts. You and I now know Webb will get a junk mail series of snaps at best now

Spags strategies and weak knees are forcing us to draft a QB in the 1st round. I'd rather spend that pick on an olineman, or DE

Comment

I think Tuck's point is to simply have a HC who commands discipline and return respect to the players and organization.
                          I dont see where he means to go back into the past other than for this football team to conduct itself as it has, with respect and dignity and toughness.
                          I really hope we don't lose those attributes, though the majority of the NFL is leaning that way, these stupid team wide celebrations, undisciplined, out of control, etc etc... The Giants have historically conducted themselves in a more professional manner than most teams.
                          In that regard, at least, yeah, I hope we do rekindle some of the past.

Comment

- Mike Smith

I´ve always liked what coach Fox bring to the table as a coach. I like him.
                            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

It's amazing, posters state they don't want to live in the past. But, rather find the next Lombardi, Halas or Belicheck. Sounds like the past to me.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                                It's amazing, posters state they don't want to live in the past. But, rather find the next Lombardi, Halas or Belicheck. Sounds like the past to me.
                                nothing wrong with finding a genius with a chip on his shoulder like BB
                                Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Working...
                                X