Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Fox might be a good prospect.
    I wouldn't mind John Fox coming back to NY Giants but don't know if he'd be my first choice.

What I'd really like is that the new HC be someone that has HC experience as well as some one that has played the game.

Comment

I liked the Justin Tuck article; he made some good points. I always like when JT breaks it down because he's a smart guy.

Comment

I don't think some of you read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          I don't think some of you read the article.
          You can bet on it
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

I wouldn't mind John Fox coming back to NY Giants but don't know if he'd be my first choice.

What I'd really like is that the new HC be someone that has HC experience as well as some one that has played the game.
            Fox is awful

Comment

"there has to be a rebuilding of trust" AMEN To That! I Agree with that 1000% it is not about the rebuilding of talent, the roster is STACKED with young talent but Coaching, Coach to Player Relationship, Coach to Front Office Relationships all that needs to be fixed and I think it will get fixed IF they hire the right GM and Coach

Leadership on the field, who are our Leaders? Not talking about Lead by example either you gotta have some emotional leaders on that field that can fire guys up and pick guys up when they're struggling
              Last edited by Sicko; 12-07-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Marvin Lewis would intrigue me if he is let go by the Bengals.
                WTF! Guy is 1 & done every time they make the playoffs & his team is always making the Monday morning police blotter on a monthly basis. I want that guy nowhere near the NYG.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Fox is awful
                  Fox isn’t my first choice but he’s far superior over who we just fired.
                  Fox has been the HC on two different SuperBowl runner up teams and DC for another.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

WTF! Guy is 1 & done every time they make the playoffs & his team is always making the Monday morning police blotter on a monthly basis. I want that guy nowhere near the NYG.
                    He's working for a not well run organization. I'm not saying he is my #1 choice or anything, but I am curious how he would do in a better situation. He's never had a ton of talent to work with and while he hasn't seen post season success, he has had regular season success and done it with a hard group to work with. Toub from KC is another that intrigues me, while he hasn't gotten a job he has received a lot of interest for a special teams coach. People speak a lot of McDaniels here and I'm not sure I like that option. His success is being the offensive coordinator for Tom Brady, not what most would consider a challenging position. People assume that some of BB excellence will rub off on his assistants, but history has proved that to be a false hope. I don't see any slam dunk head coach options that have seen recent and regular success and have a lot of experience. Anytime you are in this situation you have to pick from people who were unsuccessful in their last go, so I look for coaches that may have been in a tough situation or have done more with less. Lewis fits that and if he is available, the Giants should at least interview him.

Comment

Fox has been the HC on two different SuperBowl runner up teams and DC for another.
                      Considering people are discussing who was the better Giants head coach, Handley or McAdoo; being better than McAdoo is not a particularly high bar to set.

Comment

Unfortunately Herm Edwards took the AZ job but he's struggling with what Conference they play in and the teams nickname
                        So he's off the Table.

need a cheat sheet Herm

its the the Sun Devils, and the PAC Conference not the "Pacific Conference"

Comment

Always liked Foxie but he will not make the necessary changes

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Considering people are discussing who was the better Giants head coach, Handley or McAdoo; being better than McAdoo is not a particularly high bar to set.
                            Never stated that it was a high bar to set because I would think that’s been proven to be a given.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

Always liked Foxie but he will not make the necessary changes
                              That would be a concern of mine as well.

Fox is good and would provide a stability but I’d rather see him back with NY Giants as a DC.

Comment

Fox has lost that edge. Maybe due to his heart condition.

Comment

Working...
                                X