Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicks Gets Work In With Eli

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...rk-in-with-eli

Excerpt: Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning.

Nicks said he worked out with Manning twice this week and has more training sessions planned with the Giants quarterback in the coming weeks.

Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning.

Nicks said he worked out with Manning twice this week and has more training sessions planned with the Giants quarterback in the coming weeks.

"We hooked up twice this week already and we’re going to do it again," Nicks said at his Verizon Football ProCamp at Dwight Morrow High School.

Nicks skipped voluntary OTAs but did attend mandatory minicamp earlier this month. While he was limited at minicamp as the Giants take things slowly with Nicks, the receiver said he has been doing everything without limitations with Manning.

He also reiterated that he is a "full-go" for training camp and will be there.

"I'm running full routes," Nicks said. "I feel good. Ready to go."

Nicks is entering the final year of his contract. He knows how important it is for him and the Giants to be healthy and to have a big season.

"It’s definitely big," Nicks said. "Talking about it can't even do it justice. Just got to go out there and do what is expected."

Teammate Victor Cruz also could be a free agent next year as well. Cruz recently signed his one-year RFA tender but is still negotiating a long-term extension.

"I was excited for him," Nicks said of Cruz signing the tender. "I am just happy he got his deal." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

just great news. not groundbreaking or earth shattering...but great news nonetheless. they got to catch up on time they missed.

Comment

and does nicks really believe that "cruz got his deal" or do you think he knows something we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Excerpt: Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning.

Hakeem Nicks has been trying to make up for lost time this offseason by working out with Eli Manning.

"We hooked up twice this week already and we’re going to do it again," Nicks said at his Verizon Football ProCamp at Dwight Morrow High School.

Nicks skipped voluntary OTAs but did attend mandatory minicamp earlier this month. While he was limited at minicamp as the Giants take things slowly with Nicks, the receiver said he has been doing everything without limitations with Manning.

Nicks is entering the final year of his contract. He knows how important it is for him and the Giants to be healthy and to have a big season.

"It’s definitely big," Nicks said. "Talking about it can't even do it justice. Just got to go out there and do what is expected."

Teammate Victor Cruz also could be a free agent next year as well. Cruz recently signed his one-year RFA tender but is still negotiating a long-term extension.

"I was excited for him," Nicks said of Cruz signing the tender. "I am just happy he got his deal." Read more...
        Always good to hear about chemistry being built.
        Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Get that chemistry going.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

As long as they can block this offense should be very good. Think Eli will rebound this season. It's just a matter of how much time they give him.

Comment

I've never thought that either Nicks or Cruz didn't appreciate the need to be prepared for the season and to fine tune the skills of reading 'body language' and identifying tendencies that are needed between receivers and the QB. But those guys also know they have to be prepared for the decades of life they'll live after their money-making years have passed and are obligated to keep that in focus. I'm glad that Nicks and Eli are getting some work in together, because that can only help later on - but I never was upset with him for missing the time he did. Tom Coughlin has a handle on which players to be upset with or not - I leave that to him.

Comment

I'm going to say nothing because I don't want to jinx anything ....
                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Nice!
                  New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Thought nicks might be angry with him because he got called out. Haha. Nicks needs Eli if he wants the big $$$. Smart man.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

wait...huh? If Nicks consideres a 1-year $2mil deal as Cruz getting his "deal" then I'm extremely confused

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                        wait...huh? If Nicks consideres a 1-year $2mil deal as Cruz getting his "deal" then I'm extremely confused
                        I think he means he's under contract which is good for the team if not perfect for Cruz.

OR Nicks just let the cat out of the bag......
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                          Yeah that struck me as odd too.

Comment

Don't hurt yourself Hakeem

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                              Thought nicks might be angry with him because he got called out. Haha. Nicks needs Eli if he wants the big $$$. Smart man.
                              Just couldn't say "good to go for Nicks"....have to add that Eli is a part of his future...NSS

tell me how many great receivers didnt need a good QB throwing to them??
                              the comment wasn't neccssary at all...
                              and you wonder why...
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X