Why Davis Webb Should not start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Davis Webb Should not start

It is true - the Giants D has performed pretty damn poor this year - I've seen a lot of missed tackles and a lot of bad coverage. Even lack of effort. The same holds true for offensive performance. This type of sloppy play leads to big yardage allowed and few points scored (31st in NFL in both categories). This giants team - statistically speaking is historically bad.

I think the next 4 weeks will be interesting from the standpoint that we can analyze both the defense and the offense in light of two important variables that have now changed - "

1.coaching/leadership

2.motivation/performance.

If Webb was playing it would be much more difficult to analyze roster performance since the variable of changing QB would overshadow the other variables I mention above.
    "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

I get what you’re saying. Personally I’m in the camp that not much of anything will be learned from playing Webb. I do believe we will see Webb several times in garbage time before the end of the year.

The focus has been on he QB position but there are definitely more questions about the rest of the roster than most felt there would be. I do think this will be a good opportunity to evaluate the rest of the team now that McAdoo has been removed

Comment

I don't see the purpose of playing Webb especially since he probably won't be part of the future plans. If the Giants are set on drafting Barkley, then sure give Webb some reps. If they plan on drafting a QB, there's no point in playing Webb unless you want to trade him.

Comment

Of our three QB's...the ONLY one who has a chance of being part of our future is Davis Webb.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

If Mac was a smart as he thinks he is, he would have had Webb as the backup after week 5. One poster mentioned Webb should have been #2 all year. I think it's a fair point. both Ben & Jerry signed off on the Kid. No one was signing Geno if they cut him in the beginning of the year. My gut tells me that Webb needs a lot of training to make the switch, and he sure wasn't getting much attention on the Taxi. Now it's a little too late to try and rush him along. Wouldn't be fair to him, especially being so beat up on the Line & WR's. sully is a QB Guru, and now is OC for real, so let's see how it plays out.

Comment

I’m of two minds when it comes to Webb. I do want to see him play something this season but I feel that if he goes in behind this line they’ll have to cart him off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmanfrom58 View Post
              If Mac was a smart as he thinks he is, he would have had Webb as the backup after week 5. One poster mentioned Webb should have been #2 all year. I think it's a fair point. both Ben & Jerry signed off on the Kid. No one was signing Geno if they cut him in the beginning of the year. My gut tells me that Webb needs a lot of training to make the switch, and he sure wasn't getting much attention on the Taxi. Now it's a little too late to try and rush him along. Wouldn't be fair to him, especially being so beat up on the Line & WR's. sully is a QB Guru, and now is OC for real, so let's see how it plays out.
              I would assume Geno was signed for the situation of Eli getting hurt or completely falling off a cliff ability wise, with the team still in contention. It made sense to anoint him #2 at the beginning of the season, assuming he would be better suited to win or at least keep the team in games, over Webb. But those reasons are long out of the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Of our three QB's...the ONLY one who has a chance of being part of our future is Davis Webb.
                Ruh Ro (I agree)
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
                  I’m of two minds when it comes to Webb. I do want to see him play something this season but I feel that if he goes in behind this line they’ll have to cart him off the field.
                  So what, most of our team's fans have him thrown in the dumpster anyway, without even giving him a look.

Comment

Hes our unknown, he could be great or terrible, or average, we have no idea. With nothing to lose, if the game gets out of hand put the kid in. I get that he has a weak line and a depleted wr corp, but overcoming adversity builds character

I HOPE that he shows promise so we dont have to draft another qb and could allocate picks towards other positions of need like OL, LB, and CB
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

So what, most of our team's fans have him thrown in the dumpster anyway, without even giving him a look.
                      At this point, is it even worth it trying to put him out there? He was pretty much Ben and Jerry's guy. IMO, there is a really good chance that he will get cut before we even get a chance to see how he is. I would not cut him, but I wouldn't be surprised.
                      If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

At this point, is it even worth it trying to put him out there? He was pretty much Ben and Jerry's guy. IMO, there is a really good chance that he will get cut before we even get a chance to see how he is. I would not cut him, but I wouldn't be surprised.
                        This season was at the point where all possible future personnel should be evaluated, quite a few weeks ago. Ben's guy was Geno, we heard about that years ago. It's not Webb's fault, that things are at "this point". I say give him his shot, and evaluate on progress - not stats or wins. This not a decent roster that is just waiting on the next young QB.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Why is there a really good chance that he will get cut?
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Why is there a really good chance that he will get cut?
                            I just feel that he may get cut because he's Ben and Jerry's guy. If I am wrong, I will gladly own it. What if the giants draft Eli's replacement and also keep Eli Manning? That seems like a very realistic proposition. He would be 3rd on the depth chart yet again. It is not common for a QB drafted in the 3rd round being the scout team QB in back to back seasons. I respect your opinion. It is cool if you disagree.
                            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              True!
                              New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X