Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL Geno Smith doesn't know why he's not starting

https://nypost.com/2017/12/07/geno-s...iants-starter/

“Any competitor wouldn’t be. To be put in that situation where you get a chance to play and then you’re being pulled, but it’s not because you played bad so you try to figure out why. But you’ve got to understand that some things happen in this business, and you’ve just got to roll with it.”

2 fumbles lost cost the game Geno. Shocked to get pulled after you DID play bad and lost the game? You had one chance but failed. It's ok you might be able to fool someone else into signing you next year.

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

“Any competitor wouldn’t be. To be put in that situation where you get a chance to play and then you’re being pulled, but it’s not because you played bad so you try to figure out why. But you’ve got to understand that some things happen in this business, and you’ve just got to roll with it.”

2 fumbles lost cost the game Geno. Shocked to get pulled after you DID play bad and lost the game? You had one chance but failed. It's ok you might be able to fool someone else into signing you next year.
    He put up more points than El did in the previous two games. That is a fact.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

But he does know what ex Ryan said and when...he also knows where the td ball he threw in a 17 7 game with 5 min to go was as well...

put this into perspective: against the 26th worst pass defense missing starters no less, with out any offensive help really aside a couple runs, g eno had 100 some yards passing 0 td and 2 turnover 1 in the redzone going into the final 5. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't dare say that was good for eli but yet those vilifying eli have said it was an admirable performance by g eno ffs
      when down 10 with 5 min or so he had the nicest drive of the day. See for all the eli garbage time rants he at least would have a few nice drives before the ending. We had 100 yards passing 2 turnovers 1 in the redzone against that Oakland defense.

what I found piquant is every single excuse that was dismissed when discussing eli was then cited by those trying to back geno...failong to realize their backing of Geno disqualified them to begin with lol anyways back to the point.

Geno does consider that a good game bc he didn't throw a pick. And the fumbles he gets to go "see it was his fault." That's the epitome of why he is not good.

we lost.

name me one time in all of eli career where following a loss he says he did good enough or that it's unfair to portray him in any negawtive light bc he did enough to win everyone else failed. Like g eno here.

Comment

Geno was not pulled because he played badly.

EDIT: unsure why that warranted a LOL - guy had zip to do with that whole debacle.
        eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

But at least Geno knows how the rest of us feel bc we didn't get benching eli for Geno to begin with

Comment

Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

He put up more points than El did in the previous two games. That is a fact.
              And here I thought that whole "it's the offense. NOT ELI..." position when we were top 10 offensively yearly was genuine...

first we had a divisional rival on the road on a short week against Washington whereas they had 11 days for oakland...and that STILL was the result.

and the other game was vs KC where we scored 12. 4 field goals that were result of sustained drives and moving the ball throughout the game.

sort of the opposite to o akland.

like do you even believe that your claim is strong sound argument for the premise or is this about making it not what Geno did but eli? Bc eli didn t start in o akland Geno did. And it was actually more pathetic truth be told not from Geno play level but from the coach and approach level

edit- I mean Kerrigan made Mack look like a practice squad player when comparing both and Mack had a killer game...keerigan had like 8 pressures alone thanksgiving day. It was even worse than oakland...
              Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-07-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDH View Post

Hmmmm
                Geno knows why he got benched. I honestly thought he was being diplomatic and respectful. He doesnt wanna come off looking bitter. Can't blame Geno one bit here.

Comment

Geno had 100ish yards passing 0 td and 2 turnovers 1 in the redzone heading into the final 5 min...

I mean I know we would see the excuse making for eli from MS if eli did that...wait...no? MS would roast eli if he did that? Well why is he somehow defending Geno as if it matters the prior 2 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    Geno had 100ish yards passing 0 td and 2 turnovers 1 in the redzone heading into the final 5 min...

I mean I know we would see the excuse making for eli from MS if eli did that...wait...no? MS would roast eli if he did that? Well why is he somehow defending Geno as if it matters the prior 2 weeks...
                    You think Geno got benched because of his performance in Oakland??

Comment

Geno has every right to be upset

he totally out played recent performances by Eli

it was his 1st game back

the Rex Ryan stuff is irrelevant If showing up Rex pumps up Geno that's actually a good thing

the strip sacks were unfortunate but very very minimally Genos fault

i hope Geno does get a chance to start somewhere next year.....he deserves a second chance

what geno did do was prove BMacs theory that mobility in a QB in today's NFL is essential unless you are Tom Brady
                      and Eli is no Tom Brady. Super Bowls or no Super Bowls

Comment

And here I thought that whole "it's the offense. NOT ELI..." position when we were top 10 offensively yearly was genuine...

first we had a divisional rival on the road on a short week against Washington whereas they had 11 days for oakland...and that STILL was the result.

and the other game was vs KC where we scored 12. 4 field goals that were result of sustained drives and moving the ball throughout the game.

sort of the opposite to o akland.

like do you even believe that your claim is strong sound argument for the premise or is this about making it not what Geno did but eli? Bc eli didn t start in o akland Geno did. And it was actually more pathetic truth be told not from Geno play level but from the coach and approach level

edit- I mean Kerrigan made Mack look like a practice squad player when comparing both and Mack had a killer game...keerigan had like 8 pressures alone thanksgiving day. It was even worse than oakland...
                        It's a fair point. But the reality is that the Washington defense is really bad. they had given up 30+ points in their previous two games. And we stunk it up against them.
                        I'm not saying that Geno is better than Eli but this trashing of Geno's performance on Sunday wreaks of agenda.
                        He's a back up QB and he played like a decent one. He got a shot...he moved the team.

I get his objection but there is no way that Spags was going to endure the mob like McAdoo did. I'm fine with Eli getting this start but lets not go after Geno like he stunk the place up because he didn't. He is what he is. A decent back up QB in the NFL.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                          Geno has every right to be upset

he totally out played recent performances by Eli

it was his 1st game back

the Rex Ryan stuff is irrelevant If showing up Rex pumps up Geno that's actually a good thing

the strip sacks were unfortunate but very very minimally Genos fault

i hope Geno does get a chance to start somewhere next year.....he deserves a second chance

what geno did do was prove BMacs theory that mobility in a QB in today's NFL is essential unless you are Tom Brady
                          and Eli is no Tom Brady. Super Bowls or no Super Bowls
                          First, there is no way geno starts for any team next season. He's nothing more than a backup. Second, a mobile qb doesn't negate the problem of a bad offensive line.

Comment

what do you mean if? 13/27 113 yards and 0 td 1 int 1 fumble. elis last start, no td in the last 5min

Comment

Smith was done wrong
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X