LOL Geno Smith doesn't know why he's not starting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
    There’s no bigger Eli fan than me, but these are the situations where most franchises WOULD be sitting the starter and evaluating the QB they drafted!
    I just don’t agree that it was Smith who got the start, because everyone knows good and well he’s not the future!
    I can no longer skirt the issue, that public backlash, which was entirely over the top, is the reason they’ve abdicated their responsibility to evaluate Webb.
    If he’s a diamond in the rough, wouldnt it be wise to find out, so that they could turn their attention away from picking a QB in the first round and go after that stud RB slated by many to go first ahead of Darnold and the other schmo?
    Amen brother!
    You speak the truth.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

There’s no bigger Eli fan than me, but these are the situations where most franchises WOULD be sitting the starter and evaluating the QB they drafted!
      I just don’t agree that it was Smith who got the start, because everyone knows good and well he’s not the future!
      I can no longer skirt the issue, that public backlash, which was entirely over the top, is the reason they’ve abdicated their responsibility to evaluate Webb.
      If he’s a diamond in the rough, wouldnt it be wise to find out, so that they could turn their attention away from picking a QB in the first round and go after that stud RB slated by many to go first ahead of Darnold and the other schmo?
      You would think this should be clear as a bell to the organization--whoever that is at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

what do you mean if? 13/27 113 yards and 0 td 1 int 1 fumble. elis last start, no td in the last 5min
        What part of short week (thur game remember) against a rival division foe failed to compute?

Whereas 11 days to prepare for o akland.

I am not the one who has to augment my positions I said matter of factly last game from eli was as gross as any in memory.

it is yourself and a few others who are augmenting your approach. I mean if it was eli we know how u would react we saw it. Geno= difference...this is why anyone sharing your pov imo has rightly been singled out for bias.

besides g eno was supposed to be the better fit. Remember the mobility was supposed to help. Eli isn't mobile.

where we agree is we both hated the thing the scheme turned into. But we disagree when trying to label eli in that scheme as being eli overall.

explain first in redzone among all qb and the td like to shep vs philly...that throw still hasn't been vested by any throw I've seen since.

in mac scheme every scoring drive requires 10 or more throw a into super tight windows. Geno did better than I thought and I even said before the game I don't think it's fair to claim we know who he is yet. The jets scenario sucked. Bhut I also said I worry about his ceiling and ability to have others buy into him.

anyways eli will look a billion times better no mac...

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's a fair point. But the reality is that the Washington defense is really bad. they had given up 30+ points in their previous two games. And we stunk it up against them.
          I'm not saying that Geno is better than Eli but this trashing of Geno's performance on Sunday wreaks of agenda.
          He's a back up QB and he played like a decent one. He got a shot...he moved the team.

I get his objection but there is no way that Spags was going to endure the mob like McAdoo did. I'm fine with Eli getting this start but lets not go after Geno like he stunk the place up because he didn't. He is what he is. A decent back up QB in the NFL.
          I don't think it is right to judge either QB behind a line playing as poorly as this one is, they were bad to start and they are worse now that injuries have struck,the only bright spot was when they inserted Fluker they started to run the ball better not great and not consistently, but better then the first half of the year and better then the last couple of games,the real culprit to me is line play, that is not saying that we don't need to get moving on the QB front.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

What part of short week (thur game remember) against a rival division foe failed to compute?

Whereas 11 days to prepare for o akland.

I am not the one who has to augment my positions I said matter of factly last game from eli was as gross as any in memory.

it is yourself and a few others who are augmenting your approach. I mean if it was eli we know how u would react we saw it. Geno= difference...this is why anyone sharing your pov imo has rightly been singled out for bias.

besides g eno was supposed to be the better fit. Remember the mobility was supposed to help. Eli isn't mobile.

where we agree is we both hated the thing the scheme turned into. But we disagree when trying to label eli in that scheme as being eli overall.

explain first in redzone among all qb and the td like to shep vs philly...that throw still hasn't been vested by any throw I've seen since.

in mac scheme every scoring drive requires 10 or more throw a into super tight windows. Geno did better than I thought and I even said before the game I don't think it's fair to claim we know who he is yet. The jets scenario sucked. Bhut I also said I worry about his ceiling and ability to have others buy into him.

anyways eli will look a billion times better no mac...
            Man your tune has changed. You LOVED McAdoo with Eli. And trashed anyone who disagreed. Now it's Mcadoo's fault? Just like it was KG's fault before that.
            At what point will it no longer be someone else's fault? Will that point ever come?

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

I don't think it is right to judge either QB behind a line playing as poorly as this one is, they were bad to start and they are worse now that injuries have struck,the only bright spot was when they inserted Fluker they started to run the ball better not great and not consistently, but better then the first half of the year and better then the last couple of games,the real culprit to me is line play, that is not saying that we don't need to get moving on the QB front.
              I think it's better to judge them that way. The reason so many team's have O line problems is because these defenders coming out these day are more and more unblockable.
              The best athletes used to be RB's and WR's. Now they're DE's and LB's. We need to see if a kid can handle what MOST QB's in this league have to handle. A defense that's determined to take off your head and an O line unmatched to prevent it. Welcome to the new NFL. You better be able to get outside the pocket and create or your gunna get killed in this league.
              No one is looking for QB's who go down, untouched anymore.

Comment

I agree completely the starting Geno thing was the dumbest part of the whole thing it should have been Webb and still should be if he is ready,the only question i have is he came from a pitch and catch offense never lining up under center is it possible Mac and the coaching staff didn't think he was ready to play yet just a question not saying one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Yeah ok. At least he's thankful to Mac cuz any other coach with a brain would never have thought of bringing him in.
                  We don't know that and what does it matter?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Man your tune has changed. You LOVED McAdoo with Eli. And trashed anyone who disagreed. Now it's Mcadoo's fault? Just like it was KG's fault before that.
                    At what point will it no longer be someone else's fault? Will that point ever come?
                    Yeah I was dead wrong about him being coach. Maybe it was a case of being to hopeful or not realizing how much Coughlin had to have put into the offensive approach.

I mean 2014 and 2015 DID prove me right. We both were in the minority for once after 2015 when we both felt eli could have done better. Right? Well he was STILL top 10 even tho he didn't perform his peak...while in a scheme night to day with gilbrides. I mean even YA who this is not to slight it's to compliment the dude knows his stuff I a test to it. But even he said eli would struggle and it would be really bad for a year or 2 when first changing to mac. I disagreed then.

but I was dead wrong about mac as a coach. Pls don't buy into the narrative I think I am always right...im not I am usually wrong....except for when we discuss a topic lol. I can admit it.

the thing is the offense we became...hoe could I or anyone rightfully have seen it coming...dont get me wrong I'm not saying some may have called the offense decline but they got there based upon guessing or bad logic. Bc mac got the head gig to begin with due to the O and eli. Mac said so himself the last week he was here.

but tell me I am wrong now. Not about a topic years back when in which case I actually was right

Macs scheme required 10 stick throws a drive it seemed...and I have said I like g eno size his arm strength and delivery. He got screwed with the jets and maybe here even but the screw job was not by eli but mac. Geno got screwed bc the guy who bought into him was a goner doing so in a last ditch attempt to save face and put the offensive woes on eli. He proved himself wrong again

Comment

I think it's better to judge them that way. The reason so many team's have O line problems is because these defenders coming out these day are more and more unblockable.
                      The best athletes used to be RB's and WR's. Now they're DE's and LB's. We need to see if a kid can handle what MOST QB's in this league have to handle. A defense that's determined to take off your head and an O line unmatched to prevent it. Welcome to the new NFL. You better be able to get outside the pocket and create or your gunna get killed in this league.
                      I get where your coming from but I see a lot of games since I moved a lot of QBs have time but most can at least get out of the pocket once the protection does break down,and I do agree if he can thrive under that kind of duress it would be great,but I think our line is a special kind of bad Geno was getting outside and still didn't do much to me thats protection, especially no run game it hurts the offense bad play action is a big part of NFL offensive football the Giants haven't had that kind of respect for the run game in years,

Comment

Again with the 32 equally bad OL theory.

so you believe eli is I'll equipped to deal with the pass rush of today's game and not that it was our OL allowed a pass rush no qb is equipped to handle.

you realize every single game became sb 42 except we were now the patriots and the op00nents the ones with ferocious pass rush. It wasn't a case of eli getting jitterfeet at slight pressure...he had the least amount of time before being hit of every qb and had guys with free shots at him routinely. Ben brees Rodgers Brady Stafford etc etc don't have to deal with half the pressure eli does...not homer or bias it's the truth. This in a reduced to jv squad offensive scheme mo less

Comment

The visions that 420 had of Eli in Mac's WCO are well documented. The short passing game was going to set up the deep ball and wallah! There we all were, riding on Eli's back like Red Pollard.

Funny how after we beat the Broncos it was all due to McAdoo giving up the play-calling.

One of my greatest fears of Eli moving on from the Giants will be the loss of football brilliance that has littered these boards for so many years.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Pet project. McAdoo’s.

A project, activity or goal pursued as a personal favorite, rather than because it is generally accepted as necessary or important.
                            Maybe, but I think it was more about proving McAdoo's system could work if he had a quarterback better suited to extend plays.

John Mara admitted as much.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Yeah I was dead wrong about him being coach. Maybe it was a case of being to hopeful or not realizing how much Coughlin had to have put into the offensive approach.

I mean 2014 and 2015 DID prove me right. We both were in the minority for once after 2015 when we both felt eli could have done better. Right? Well he was STILL top 10 even tho he didn't perform his peak...while in a scheme night to day with gilbrides. I mean even YA who this is not to slight it's to compliment the dude knows his stuff I a test to it. But even he said eli would struggle and it would be really bad for a year or 2 when first changing to mac. I disagreed then.

but I was dead wrong about mac as a coach. Pls don't buy into the narrative I think I am always right...im not I am usually wrong....except for when we discuss a topic lol. I can admit it.

the thing is the offense we became...hoe could I or anyone rightfully have seen it coming...dont get me wrong I'm not saying some may have called the offense decline but they got there based upon guessing or bad logic. Bc mac got the head gig to begin with due to the O and eli. Mac said so himself the last week he was here.

but tell me I am wrong now. Not about a topic years back when in which case I actually was right

Macs scheme required 10 stick throws a drive it seemed...and I have said I like g eno size his arm strength and delivery. He got screwed with the jets and maybe here even but the screw job was not by eli but mac. Geno got screwed bc the guy who bought into him was a goner doing so in a last ditch attempt to save face and put the offensive woes on eli. He proved himself wrong again
                              I responded as if your comment had merit I skimmed through it too fast.

nah you can try revisionist history. Heck you're the best at it.

what happened was and ya know I used to care that everyone else saw to it to have the necessary info which proved I was correct, now not so much. Now it's totally fine that just you realize it if that's all who will:
                              but 99% of the time when you and I specifically engage in a debate over a topic, I am proved correct beyond any question and this from strictly a logical, no bias approach to both our positions. It happens all the time where what I will stipulate, which got singled out and insulted by the likes of you or whomever of the clique, will only be later stipulated almost verbatim by such an authority on football it is no longer a question.

I mean if we really were analyzing the comments over a timeline span, mine haven't veered much same basic foundations...you? Yours is the position(s) that have had to do a 180. And yea you did so quietly. Does not change the fact no matter how hard you wish it wasn't so just about every word in here was right.

Comment

He’s not starting to prevent the riots. Most fans don’t want to see Geno starting again. They bungled the Eli situation so bad that Geno became a casualty though not of his own fault. Hopefully, he’ll still get a chance to play with a team next year in some capacity. He’s now part of Eli Manning history along with McAdoo, and not in a David Tyree kinda way. Maybe he’ll become a trivia somewhere down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X