LOL Geno Smith doesn't know why he's not starting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    If the Patriots for some reason were 2-9 this year, and still had Garapollo, there is no doubt he would be playing to see what he was..
    Considering they just traded him they obviously felt they know what he is and didnít give a damn

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Considering they just traded him they obviously felt they know what he is and didnít give a damn
      That is not accurate at all. Im not claiming to know what they are thinking, but Im pretty sure when Tom said he is playing another 4-5 years and he is still one of if not the best QB in the NFL at age 40, that was why the traded Jimmy. To get anything for him since they werent resigning him, not that they didnt give a damn about him or think he wasnt good.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Yeah I was dead wrong about him being coach. Maybe it was a case of being to hopeful or not realizing how much Coughlin had to have put into the offensive approach.

I mean 2014 and 2015 DID prove me right. We both were in the minority for once after 2015 when we both felt eli could have done better. Right? Well he was STILL top 10 even tho he didn't perform his peak...while in a scheme night to day with gilbrides. I mean even YA who this is not to slight it's to compliment the dude knows his stuff I a test to it. But even he said eli would struggle and it would be really bad for a year or 2 when first changing to mac. I disagreed then.

but I was dead wrong about mac as a coach. Pls don't buy into the narrative I think I am always right...im not I am usually wrong....except for when we discuss a topic lol. I can admit it.

the thing is the offense we became...hoe could I or anyone rightfully have seen it coming...dont get me wrong I'm not saying some may have called the offense decline but they got there based upon guessing or bad logic. Bc mac got the head gig to begin with due to the O and eli. Mac said so himself the last week he was here.

but tell me I am wrong now. Not about a topic years back when in which case I actually was right

Macs scheme required 10 stick throws a drive it seemed...and I have said I like g eno size his arm strength and delivery. He got screwed with the jets and maybe here even but the screw job was not by eli but mac. Geno got screwed bc the guy who bought into him was a goner doing so in a last ditch attempt to save face and put the offensive woes on eli. He proved himself wrong again
        Team's do well when they play well. Schemes are all well and good but if you go out and play well you're going to be successful.

The bottom line is that few guys are playing well in this scheme...including our boy. He's actually been bad this year. And no scheme is going to change that.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

What part of short week (thur game remember) against a rival division foe failed to compute?

Whereas 11 days to prepare for o akland.

I am not the one who has to augment my positions I said matter of factly last game from eli was as gross as any in memory.

it is yourself and a few others who are augmenting your approach. I mean if it was eli we know how u would react we saw it. Geno= difference...this is why anyone sharing your pov imo has rightly been singled out for bias.

besides g eno was supposed to be the better fit. Remember the mobility was supposed to help. Eli isn't mobile.

where we agree is we both hated the thing the scheme turned into. But we disagree when trying to label eli in that scheme as being eli overall.

explain first in redzone among all qb and the td like to shep vs philly...that throw still hasn't been vested by any throw I've seen since.

in mac scheme every scoring drive requires 10 or more throw a into super tight windows. Geno did better than I thought and I even said before the game I don't think it's fair to claim we know who he is yet. The jets scenario sucked. Bhut I also said I worry about his ceiling and ability to have others buy into him.

anyways eli will look a billion times better no mac...
          How many days did Kirk Cousins have to prepare for us?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            If the Patriots for some reason were 2-9 this year, and still had Garapollo, there is no doubt he would be playing to see what he was..
            Even if they had the # 32 ranked defense, for whatever reason?

Comment

Again with the 32 equally bad OL theory.

so you believe eli is I'll equipped to deal with the pass rush of today's game and not that it was our OL allowed a pass rush no qb is equipped to handle.

you realize every single game became sb 42 except we were now the patriots and the op00nents the ones with ferocious pass rush. It wasn't a case of eli getting jitterfeet at slight pressure...he had the least amount of time before being hit of every qb and had guys with free shots at him routinely. Ben brees Rodgers Brady Stafford etc etc don't have to deal with half the pressure eli does...not homer or bias it's the truth. This in a reduced to jv squad offensive scheme mo less
              I don't think all 32 teams have the same quality O line. I do think O line is a major problem around the league.
              And yes....as the league evolves I believe Eli is less equipped to handle the way football is played these days. He's never been mobile but being good in the pocket helps. He's even less mobile than he was but more importantly, less willing to hang in under a pass rush. That's whu we've seen him go down without anyone touching him.
              It's just the way the NFL is evolving. They have taken away so many tools for the defense with rules, now defenses are loading up on athletes up front and focusing on getting after the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I don't think all 32 teams have the same quality O line. I do think O line is a major problem around the league.
                And yes....as the league evolves I believe Eli is less equipped to handle the way football is played these days. He's never been mobile but being good in the pocket helps. He's even less mobile than he was but more importantly, less willing to hang in under a pass rush. That's whu we've seen him go down without anyone touching him.
                It's just the way the NFL is evolving. They have taken away so many tools for the defense with rules, now defenses are loading up on athletes up front and focusing on getting after the QB.
                All very good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

So if I stacked up what Geno did in that game with a game Eli played, any similar games from Eli would be bad games, right?
                  This was Geno's SB. His one game to prove to the world he can play for another contract. Big difference between a bad game from him and Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

You only need to listen to Belichick and Brady talk about Jimmy G to know what they think about him. Brady seemingly having years left in the tank is why they traded him.

that said, Brady is playing at a much higher level than Eli is for whatever reason. If the Pats were 2-10 but Brady was playing like he is then I dont agree that they'd be starting Garopolo.
                    Last edited by Essex Blue; 12-07-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                      This was Geno's SB. His one game to prove to the world he can play for another contract. Big difference between a bad game from him and Eli.
                      Do you have an ETA on that answer?
                      eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Do you have an ETA on that answer?
                        What's your question? If two different QB put up similar bad numbers then did both have bad games? Is that your question? Just think about what you asked and see if it's worthy of an answer.

Comment

What's your question? If two different QB put up similar bad numbers then did both have bad games? Is that your question? Just think about what you asked and see if it's worthy of an answer.
                          Yes...and I am going to go ahead and guess that only one of us does analysis for a living, so that one probably has the correct answer.
                          eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's a fair point. But the reality is that the Washington defense is really bad. they had given up 30+ points in their previous two games. And we stunk it up against them.
                            I'm not saying that Geno is better than Eli but this trashing of Geno's performance on Sunday wreaks of agenda.
                            He's a back up QB and he played like a decent one. He got a shot...he moved the team.

I get his objection but there is no way that Spags was going to endure the mob like McAdoo did. I'm fine with Eli getting this start but lets not go after Geno like he stunk the place up because he didn't. He is what he is. A decent back up QB in the NFL.
                            You feel that Spags thinks Geno gives them a better chance to win? If not get off the mob bs already.
                            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

The fact that Geno got no first team reps all season, and was his first live action in a completely new system, in two years for all practical purposes, you expect him to play at his best possible level? Christ Eli can't even get getting going until the second half of games, and it's been that way forever, what's your excuse for him?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Even if they had the # 32 ranked defense, for whatever reason?
                                Why does your defense matter when thinking about playing your backup QB?

Comment

Working...
                                X