Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any gain in starting eli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
    Honestly this qb situation just got even worst as spags says he's staring him. I am sure fans and media may like this buy is this the right move.

    to me this organization isn't taking control and the right approach. So Eli starts everyone is happy and we lose the rest of our games. Tell me what was gained ? Seems like the wrong move now. Webb should be starting no matter what.

    unlike Eli but this is a dumb move
    There not going to sit Eli making the money he is and pay him to sit on the bench!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

    Comment


    • #17
      There is a gain in starting Eli.

      It will prove to him and his management that he is a middling QB, not worthy of being paid top QB money. The New GM will be able to look him dead in the face and let him know that for his salary, he is too reliant on an OL to function, and we can't afford to pay him and field a good OL.
      Long Live the King

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

        I have spoken to a lawyer just now...he will be seeking to get a restraining order against you on behalf of the words, "logic", "reason" and "truth".
        You will be required to stay 100 feet away from these words at all times.
        LOL. Logic and reason are out the window

        truth as to how this all went down would require a special investigator with subpoena power and even then I doubt we would get to the foggy bottom of it all

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
          There is a gain in starting Eli.

          It will prove to him and his management that he is a middling QB, not worthy of being paid top QB money. The New GM will be able to look him dead in the face and let him know that for his salary, he is too reliant on an OL to function, and we can't afford to pay him and field a good OL.
          My candidate for best post of the year

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
            Honestly this qb situation just got even worst as spags says he's staring him. I am sure fans and media may like this buy is this the right move.

            to me this organization isn't taking control and the right approach. So Eli starts everyone is happy and we lose the rest of our games. Tell me what was gained ? Seems like the wrong move now. Webb should be starting no matter what.

            unlike Eli but this is a dumb move

            You will hear from some of our dull and dumbest so I'll leave it to them.

            I will say this. Owners generally do not - under nearly all circumstances - like their HC to tell the fan base and the media that they are going to tank games, even when the team is eliminated.

            Webb should get reps, how and when will be the coach's decision.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
              There is a gain in starting Eli.

              It will prove to him and his management that he is a middling QB, not worthy of being paid top QB money. The New GM will be able to look him dead in the face and let him know that for his salary, he is too reliant on an OL to function, and we can't afford to pay him and field a good OL.
              Is it really in any GM's best interest to proactively communicate his incompetence?

              What about all the other GMs who are magically able to do it? How is this poor sod supposed to answer that?

              Comment


              • #22
                Starting Eli would stop the whining on this board about how Eli should start regardless.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post

                  At this point, what does it matter who starts
                  It matters that Webb needs to see some sort of PT. It will help in evaluating

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                    1) It is beneficial to the further development of Shepard and Engram.

                    2) With this awful pass blocking OL, it avoids David Carr syndrome for Webb
                    those who put emotion before logic don't understand nor care for these facts
                    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

                      It matters that Webb needs to see some sort of PT. It will help in evaluating
                      evaluating how much of a clown car the offense is and more so with a rook at the helm
                      seems like it should be a hit
                      Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post


                        You will hear from some of our dull and dumbest so I'll leave it to them.

                        I will say this. Owners generally do not - under nearly all circumstances - like their HC to tell the fan base and the media that they are going to tank games, even when the team is eliminated.

                        Webb should get reps, how and when will be the coach's decision.
                        I'm not following how a pure defensive coach, who didn't want to be in his current situation, is going to go well for Webb.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

                          With all due respect, I wouldn’t trust this coaching staff to evaluate the readiness of my boiling pasta!!
                          11 minutes for al dente.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                            I have spoken to a lawyer just now...he will be seeking to get a restraining order against you on behalf of the words, "logic", "reason" and "truth".
                            You will be required to stay 100 feet away from these words at all times.
                            He doesn't know what those things are. To him you're just making noise.
                            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              No, there is no gain to starting Eli at this point, but he deserves it anyway. These last four games of 2018 will be his last as a NY Giant.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Starting Eli would stop the whining on this board about how Eli should start regardless.
                                I agree...if there's one thing those who want Eli benched are, it's quiet and stoic.
                                eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

                                i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X