Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Roster Breakdown: David Diehl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants' Roster Breakdown: David Diehl

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/28...wn-david-diehl

    Excerpt: "David Diehl is competing to keep his job at the Giants' starting right tackle.

    We continue now with our breakdown of the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training camp next month. We have arrived at one of the most divisive, possibly the most divisive, players on that roster. That would be veteran offensive lineman David Diehl.

    2012 Season In Review

    Diehl played in 13 games, starting 10 at right tackle. A knee injury cost him three games, making last season only the second time in his 10-year career he has missed games due to injury. In those seasons he has missed only seven games. Diehl's Pro Football Focus grade of -6.8 was the worst on the offensive unit, but an immense improvement over the -47.2 he posted in 2011.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Diehl will be the #1 crow-eating thread generator of 2013.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
      Diehl will be the #1 crow-eating thread generator of 2013.
      I hope so....but for his sake and not the sake of those fans who call him garbage or the like. Waning skills aside the guy is a true Giant and deserves respect in that regard.
      I hope he has a great season. If does then it only benefits the team which is the bottom line anyway
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
        Diehl will be the #1 crow-eating thread generator of 2013.
        LOL good joke

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          I hope so....but for his sake and not the sake of those fans who call him garbage or the like. Waning skills aside the guy is a true Giant and deserves respect in that regard.
          I hope he has a great season. If does then it only benefits the team which is the bottom line anyway
          Well said. I'm completely on board with this post.

          The DD hate sucks around here.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #6
            A lot of the hate was regarding his salary. Him taking a pay cut drastically reduced that. Currently he's exactly what we need: affordable, versatile, experienced, and motivated. Good luck this season DD.

            Comment


            • #7
              What's the point in having a versatile player if he's bottom 5 everytime he steps onto the field no matter what position he plays? Versatility is overrated.

              DD threads belong in the general sports section because everytime he plays, the opposing team benefits the most.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                What's the point in having a versatile player if he's bottom 5 everytime he steps onto the field no matter what position he plays? Versatility is overrated.

                DD threads belong in the general sports section because everytime he plays, the opposing team benefits the most.
                the point of the thread is hoping this year he is healthy and he has a good season.
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  the point of the thread is hoping this year he is healthy and he has a good season.
                  Never asked whats the point of this thread so what exactly are you blabbing about?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                    Never asked whats the point of this thread so what exactly are you blabbing about?
                    not blabbing just commenting that your response was of DD past performance but what he can hopefully do this season is what the thread is about ..
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      not blabbing just commenting that your response was of DD past performance but what he can hopefully do this season is what the thread is about ..
                      ok cool so you just replied to my comment for the sake of replying. Cool take care.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        ok cool so you just replied to my comment for the sake of replying. Cool take care.
                        nah... I commented on it because I hope DD has a good season and that I don't think of him as a waste..
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          David Diehl is the Lebron James of the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lamas View Post
                            A lot of the hate was regarding his salary. Him taking a pay cut drastically reduced that. Currently he's exactly what we need: affordable, versatile, experienced, and motivated. Good luck this season DD.
                            Serious question; is it his fault that his contract terms were what they were? Did the team not make those terms? Maybe whatever hatred there might be should be directed at Reese if anyone. I'm not accusing you, but many have said this as though Diehl's contract terms were forced on the team.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              Serious question; is it his fault that his contract terms were what they were? Did the team not make those terms? Maybe whatever hatred there might be should be directed at Reese if anyone. I'm not accusing you, but many have said this as though Diehl's contract terms were forced on the team.
                              I don't agree that most of the hate is directed at him because of his contract. He has every right as a player to get the most $$ as he can.

                              Unfortunately, relative to his peers, he''s just a bad football player. And that's where the hate comes from.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X