Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wish they'd trade OBJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wish they'd trade OBJ

    I know he's super-electric talented, but if we could get major roster help by trading him, I say it would be fine by me.

  • #2
    just plain old stupid.

    Comment


    • #3
      No thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Why create an idiotic thread making it sound like he was traded or cut? Just plain old stupid is right.

        Comment


        • #5

          To say that the suggestion of trading a certain player is a horrible idea, without having any info on what is going to be received in return for that player, is ...illogical.
          Last edited by boxcar willie; 12-08-2017, 05:14 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just trade the number 2 if Rosen is off the board. Then take Josh Allen. Get with the extra pick or 2 some offensive linemen. Let Eli start next season and try to win a championship and groom our young QBs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mjs2001 View Post
              Just trade the number 2 if Rosen is off the board. Then take Josh Allen. Get with the extra pick or 2 some offensive linemen. Let Eli start next season and try to win a championship and groom our young QBs
              or just take Barkley at 2 and have the best RB to come out since Peterson.. then spend 2 of the next 3 picks on OL.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                I know he's super-electric talented, but if we could get major roster help by trading him, I say it would be fine by me.
                Please dont post again...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                  I know he's super-electric talented, but if we could get major roster help by trading him, I say it would be fine by me.
                  I would hate to see this, but it may be necessary. The Giants need so many areas fixed and if trading OBJ can provide the needed players/draft slots, then the Giants may have to do it. We have all seen that Odellís talent is not enough to cover for a very mediocre to poor roster.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                    I know he's super-electric talented, but if we could get major roster help by trading him, I say it would be fine by me.
                    Define major roster help.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                      I know he's super-electric talented, but if we could get major roster help by trading him, I say it would be fine by me.
                      Please explain on why any GM would trade ( give up picks) for a player that may hit the FA market after next season.

                      Wouldn't logic suggest wait until he hits the market and than make an offer for his services?
                      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TEM View Post

                        Please explain on why any GM would trade ( give up picks) for a player that may hit the FA market after next season.

                        Wouldn't logic suggest wait until he hits the market and than make an offer for his services?
                        If a great trade is offered this Giant team should at least consider it, as that would guarantee the Giants a great return for a great player. The bird in hand is better than 2 in a bush. In free agency some team may offer OBJ the moon which the Giants could or would not match, which leaves them with nothing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

                          If a great trade is offered this Giant team should at least consider it, as that would guarantee the Giants a great return for a great player. The bird in hand is better than 2 in a bush. In free agency some team may offer OBJ the moon which the Giants could or would not match, which leaves them with nothing.
                          Again name a GM that would be able to justify that trade to the owner. Does that guy exist?

                          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                            To say that the suggestion of trading a certain player is a horrible idea, without having any info on what is going to be received in return for that player, is ...illogical.
                            Thats fair however no team imo is willing to give up the farm to trade for easily a top 3 wr who is on IR with an ankle injury.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Agreed.....I know I'm in the minority but get value for him now......

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X