Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants will give Cowboys fits after cleaning house

https://nypost.com/2017/12/08/giants...leaning-house/

Excerpt: "The Giants did the right thing firing Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese on Monday. Now, Giants fans can replace their anger with thoughts of the perfect new coach/GM tandem and the looming high draft pick.

The question is whether the big moves — which include Steve Spagnuolo’s ascension to interim head coach and Eli Manning’s return as starting quarterback — will have an impact on the field. Don’t forget, the Giants are 2-9 in Eli’s starts, and Spags’ defense was a major culprit for this terrible season.

Even if it might not last, the expectation here is for the Giants to rally to their new circumstances and put together one good game that would go a long way toward ruining the Cowboys’ playoff chances.

The pick: Giants +3¹/₂." Read more..

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Meh, I don't see it.

Comment

I fully expect NYG to win this game, all but eliminate Dallas and this be the one "bright" spot for this season in NY.

Comment

No time to change the offensive schemes.
        No time to change the personnel.

I understand that hope springs eternal, but....
        "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Quite possibly could happen

will it? It all depends whether the players with guaranteed money and talented enough to find work elsewhere show up or lay down like dogs

Manning will come out guns blazing so that's the wild card.....unshackled and allowed to throw deep he can be dangerous, but he seems to have lost his
          long ball touch.......cannot lay it on a receivers hands....actually never could but just throwing the ball downfield opens up all kinds of good outcomes

the Giants. Have nothing to lose, the Cowboys fighting for their playoffs lives........makes for an interesting dynamic
          not a good bettors game

could go either way big.........my original inclination was Cowboys 44-3. I'm still feeling that will be the final. But could just. As easily be Giants 44-3

This kind of reminds me of the skins game right after Wellington died.....it was quite a shock.....so was this week
          Tiki took over and we won I believe it was 36-0
          Last edited by BlueClue; 12-08-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Meh, I don't see it.
            We're winning this game. You can book it. I said book the Chiefs win: DONE. I said book the firing of Reese/Mac before season end: DONE. Now, that being said, I'm about 0-8 on all my other predictions so take what you like from it ; )
            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Fits of laughter, hopefully. Keep losing. No good comes from winning at this point. Losing, however, would potentially give us a franchise QB, a generational talent at RB, or the option to trade down to stack picks.

Don't understand why folks can't grasp this concept.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
                Fits of laughter, hopefully. Keep losing. No good comes from winning at this point. Losing, however, would potentially give us a franchise QB, a generational talent at RB, or the option to trade down to stack picks.

Don't understand why folks can't grasp this concept.
                Oh they understand, they just don't want to admit it

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

We're winning this game. You can book it. I said book the Chiefs win: DONE. I said book the firing of Reese/Mac before season end: DONE. Now, that being said, I'm about 0-8 on all my other predictions so take what you like from it ; )
                  Giants will lose game.
                  I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Hope Eli balls out.

Comment

We're not winning this game, the defense can't stop the run and we can't pressure the QB. Dallas can pressure the QB and we can't block. That's going to spell Disaster.

Supposed to be cold and with 20MPH winds. Spags gonna have to stop their run and can oh do that with run blitzes.

DAK will throw 3ints but I don't think we can take advantage. I'm seriously worried about Eli this game. Streaks over so watch him get hurt now, I hope not but Dallas is going to put alot of pressure on him.

Comment

we know we cant count on the O...if our D plays a solid game we have a chance a winning a low scoring game

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post
                          we know we cant count on the O...if our D plays a solid game we have a chance a winning a low scoring game
                          Yeah but what does your gut tell you

Comment

Of course the NYG will beat the Cowboys.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

We have ZERO chance to win this game and no business winning. We have zero receivers, a crappy O Line, an aging quarterback and interim coach against a team on the brink of playoffs who MUST win. All this means, in true Giants fashion, we'll win. Simple as that.
                              Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X