Giants will give Cowboys fits after cleaning house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

Please, no QB could do good behind the Giants Oline. Rodgers and Brady might make a few splash plays that Eli wouldn’t, but the 2-10 record would be the same.
    I respectfully disagree

Its not a good OL, that much is certain, but they are often made to look worse than they actually are because of Eli's own bad play and lack of downfield vision. I can almost guarantee that 2-10 would not be so with either of those two guys in this situation. They make good things happen in bad situations, which is what makes both of them the great QB's that they are.
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I hope this happens but I am not sure after listening to so many of the Giants lamenting the departure of the clueless clown. They could come out flat as they did many times this season. The stadium will probably be electric with Eli starting. That could wake up the entire team unless the stadium is half full with Cowboys fans. This game could be one for the books or a real stinker and I think it is a coin toss between the two.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Please, no QB could do good behind the Giants Oline. Rodgers and Brady might make a few splash plays that Eli wouldn’t, but the 2-10 record would be the same.
        100% disagree with that. Well, actually I take that back. McAdoo would ruin anyone so you may be right there.

But still, Rodgers or Brady would be much better than Eli here. Much much better.
        http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

To be fair, only an elite mobile QB like Rodgers or Wilson would be able to survive behind this crap.
          Not really since Eli is stil playing and Geno played alright. Steve Young was way mobile than Rodgers.
          I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
            Quite possibly could happen

will it? It all depends whether the players with guaranteed money and talented enough to find work elsewhere show up or lay down like dogs

Manning will come out guns blazing so that's the wild card.....unshackled and allowed to throw deep he can be dangerous, but he seems to have lost his
            long ball touch.......cannot lay it on a receivers hands....actually never could but just throwing the ball downfield opens up all kinds of good outcomes

the Giants. Have nothing to lose, the Cowboys fighting for their playoffs lives........makes for an interesting dynamic
            not a good bettors game

could go either way big.........my original inclination was Cowboys 44-3. I'm still feeling that will be the final. But could just. As easily be Giants 44-3

This kind of reminds me of the skins game right after Wellington died.....it was quite a shock.....so was this week
            Tiki took over and we won I believe it was 36-0
            I tend to feel the same way, don't know whats going to happen except for a tremendous ovation for Eli.

And thanks for bringing up the skins game after Wellington passed on it was tremendous heart by his team. Tiki had tears in his eyes. Every ex Giant who could possibly be there showed. I remember pounding my heart with my fist all thru that game. It was one of my proudest moments as a Giant fan. A tremendous farewell salute. Don't know if this team has any heart, possibly only Eli comes out shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
              Quite possibly could happen

will it? It all depends whether the players with guaranteed money and talented enough to find work elsewhere show up or lay down like dogs

Manning will come out guns blazing so that's the wild card.....unshackled and allowed to throw deep he can be dangerous, but he seems to have lost his
              long ball touch.......cannot lay it on a receivers hands....actually never could but just throwing the ball downfield opens up all kinds of good outcomes

the Giants. Have nothing to lose, the Cowboys fighting for their playoffs lives........makes for an interesting dynamic
              not a good bettors game

could go either way big.........my original inclination was Cowboys 44-3. I'm still feeling that will be the final. But could just. As easily be Giants 44-3

This kind of reminds me of the skins game right after Wellington died.....it was quite a shock.....so was this week
              Tiki took over and we won I believe it was 36-0
              LOL Manning guns blazing....gosh I forgot you are allowed to throw long/deep balls in NFL after all these crappy short throws Giants been doing the past 20+ games.
              The schema has def not been a good fit for Eli and I wonder if he even still has an arm to keep throwing deep balls. Everytime he throws one I get a bit worried from the wear and tear

Comment

What is it with a sportswriters thinking every development on a team will be a " rise to the occasion" moment?
                The Giants have laid how many eggs, in how many games that had the chance at the playoffs as a major motivating factor, but they're gonna rally for the chance to be 3-9?
                At first I saw the Giants doing enough to win by a FG, but that was pie in the sky wishful thinking.
                The Cowgirls have been horrible,, and so has Dak, but they're not the 49ers, and the Giants D made San Fran look like the ****ing Montana 49ers..ERGO....... the Giants D will be the tonic for a struggling opponent yet again, and it will be the Girls, not the Giants rising to the occasion!!
                Last edited by bigblue58; 12-10-2017, 01:20 AM.
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
                  I said book the Chiefs win: DONE.
                  Well, to be fair, everyone is beating the Chiefs these days.

Comment

Easy win for the Giants today cmon! It will be a pleasure to rub it unto Cowboys face that they got beat by a 2-10 team lol

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post
                      Easy win for the Giants today cmon! It will be a pleasure to rub it unto Cowboys face that they got beat by a 2-10 team lol
                      Good luck with that prediction. I bet you got the Browns winning this week, too.

Comment

Good luck with that prediction. I bet you got the Browns winning this week, too.
                        oh yeah now I really need Giants to win LOL. F U Sorry as cowboys fan, your QB sucks, you have no zeke and your defense is trash. With mcadoofus gone I bet Eli tears it up for the first time in 20+ games

Comment

I am excited to see an energetic team this week. Hopefully it ends in a big win for us.

I am worried however over many of the same things that have plagued us this year aside from the obvious roster flaws.

We still have way too many guys more interested in distractions than the game plan.
                          Way too many opinions floating around about what was rather than what needs to be TODAY.

This team needs a leader in the worst way in the Harry Carson/George Martin mold.

Last edited by jomo; 12-10-2017, 09:28 AM.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

oh yeah now I really need Giants to win LOL. F U Sorry as cowboys fan, your QB sucks, you have no zeke and your defense is trash. With mcadoofus gone I bet Eli tears it up for the first time in 20+ games
                            No, I have been a Giants fan for a very long time, but I am also realistic. The Giants are 2-10 team for a reason, and with 19 players on IR, they have little chance against any other NFL team.

Comment

If the Giants start to block and the Receivers can get open along with a running game miracles can happen!

Comment

Nothing in the NFL makes sense. So it would be apparopriate if somehow the Giants played lights out and lit up these Cowgirls. 24-13 Giants. Let’s goooo

Comment

Working...
                                X