Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Justin Tuck Says JPP Doing "Very Well" Following Back Surgery

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/29/...-back-surgery/

Excerpt: "Getting overshadowed by some of the big storylines right now is some good news for the New York Giants. After sharing how good he felt both physically and mentally, Big Blue defensive captain Justin Tuck toldESPN New York that his teammate and good friend Jason Pierre-Paul is feeling good after undergoing back surgery.

"I speak to him all the time," Tuck said. "[He's] doing well."

Tuck also said he's not the only one hearing the positive news; others have heard the same. He's also been around to see Pierre-Paul work on his rehabilitation." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Think that may be some old news repackaged, but good to hear anyhow.

Comment

JPP was smart in getting the surgery. At least he'll be recovered by the time he gets back within Weeks 2, 3, or 4.

Comment

The problem with the 3-4 month recovery time frame is that it doesn't take into account what was going on (or not going on) in the months leading up to the surgery.

If his back was so bad that he ultimately needed surgery, I will guarantee you that he did no weightlifting or heavy working out between the time that last season ended and the time of the surgery, because he would have wanted to rest his back to see if he could potentially avoid surgery.

So by the time he is three months out from his surgery, you are talking about a player who probably hasn't done any football related conditioning for 9 months or so. He is not going to be ready to step onto an NFL field as soon as the projected three months recovery time is up . . . .

Comment

TCHOF, you may be right. But these are Elite athletes who have mysteriously enough recovered from major injuries in half the time that it traditionally would take for recovery. Look at AP, RGIII as prime examples. JPP will be back and productive.

Comment

Next man up does not apply to JPP. The defense will struggle without him. Even when he comes back, its going to take a few games to get him going again.

Comment

Is JT auditioning to replace Jay Horowitz?
              I prefer my players to play and not to pontificate on everything and everyone.
              Please JT, save what is left of your strong image among the faithful and trap your flap.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                Is JT auditioning to replace Jay Horowitz?
                I prefer my players to play and not to pontificate on everything and everyone.
                Please JT, save what is left of your strong image among the faithful and trap your flap.
                Pontificating?? Really?...
                He's is the capt of the D and one of the faces of the franchise he will be in the media.
                What has he said that can be described as pontificating???
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

The comment in the Keith Rivers - Amanda Bynes link is straight out of Penthouse Forum

Comment

I think he will have a nice bounce back year. Does anyone think he will be able to break strahans season sack record?

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.56 View Post
                      I think he will have a nice bounce back year. Does anyone think he will be able to break strahans season sack record?
                      Not unless Favre comes out of retirement again..JK...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.56 View Post
                        No way.....but I sure hope he plays like he wants to......
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          Pontificating?? Really?...
                          He's is the capt of the D and one of the faces of the franchise he will be in the media.
                          What has he said that can be described as pontificating???
                          Captain is a title and one that needs to be earned and one that doesn't make him the spokesmodel for the team. His performance over the last two years has been abysmal for the most part. He needs to get himself ready to play and just shut up. Reporters and coaches should comment on other players performance, expecially when it is just conjecture and blah, blah, blah. It is one thing if he were commenting after a game about an enourmous performance by one of his teammates. Right now he is just balthering, yes pontificating about stuff that means ABSOLUTELY nothing. Shut up JT and get ready to play. All we (sorry, all I) care about is production. Talk is cheap, get ready to play.

Here is a much better way for him to engage reporters.

"Hey, you know I love JPP and all my teammates but right now all I am focusing on is getting myself ready to contribute this year."

He is not a coach, he is not a GM, he is not even a player who has played well in a very long time. There is no playce for a guy like him (which is to say most of the roster) to wasted our time commenting on stuff.
                          Last edited by jomo; 06-29-2013, 02:26 PM.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            Captain is a title and one that needs to be earned and one that doesn't make him the spokesmodel for the team. His performance over the last two years has been abysmal. He needs to get himself ready to play and shut up. Reporters and coaches should comment on other players performance, expecially when it is just conjecture and blah, blah, blah. It is one thing if he were commenting after a game about an enourmous performance by one of his teammates. Right now he is just balthering, yes pontificating about stuff that means ABSOLUTELY nothing. Shut up JT and get ready to play. All we (sorry, all I) care about is production. Talk is cheap, get ready to play.
                            ehh...you are way over reacting IMO......
                            He isnt bragging or talking any kind of BS. He mearly stated that JPP feels good....BFD

Comment

This guy talks so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X