Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people discredit Jerry Reese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many people discredit Jerry Reese?

All I hear is that "he won with Accorsi's players". People forget that we wouldn't have even made the playoffs in 07 without the contribution of his 2007 draft class and FA signings. Answer me these questions...do we beat the Bills without the plays by Kavika Mitchell and Ahmad Bradshaw? Do we beat NE in the SB if Kevin Boss is not there for that huge pass in the 4th qtr? Would we have won the SB that year without the contribution of Steve Smith and Aaron Ross? Would we have even made the playoff in 11 without JPP blocking a FG in Dallas or Victor Cruz taking a great individual effort on a 10 yd out 99 yds to the house? Not to mention that he was running the draft when "Accorsi's players" were drafted. Yes..his inability to upgrade the OL and LB positions have been frustrating and it may have been time to move on, but he wasn't a bad GM. For the people who are more Eli fans than Giants fans, Eli wouldn't have 2 SB MVPs if it wasn't for Jerry Reese.

He destroyed NY Giants football. He let The Blueprint leave the building.

Coughlin gave Reese "The Blueprint" but Reese failed to help him properly with the right OL. Reese then turned to an amateur (McAdoo) to scapegoat Coughlin and fool ownership, extending his stay as GM.

Comment

you left out tyree helmet catch. How did reese get that done? I would recommend for the rest of the year compare the opponents players to our players position by position and tell me if you think we have a playoff roster. If you think we do we aren't watching the same games

Comment

Because if it weren't for the miracles Eli pulled in both super bowls and throughout the 2011 playoffs, he would be considered the worst gm in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
          Because if it weren't for the miracles Eli pulled in both super bowls and throughout the 2011 playoffs, he would be considered the worst gm in the league.
          Obiviously you missed some things in my post. Would we have even been in the SB those years without Jerry Reese's draft picks and FA signings?

Comment

Originally posted by lnafe View Post
            you left out tyree helmet catch. How did reese get that done? I would recommend for the rest of the year compare the opponents players to our players position by position and tell me if you think we have a playoff roster. If you think we do we aren't watching the same games
            Helmet catch never would have happened if Reese didn't draft Bradshaw or sign Kavika Mitchell. They were huge in the Buffalo win that got us in the playoffs on a day where Eli struggled.

Comment

His draft classes from 2012 to 2017 have been awful, not to mention failing to protect the franchise QB, year after year garbage O-line, he wasted Eli's final good years with a garbage roster...then he some how survived longer than Coughlin, a coach who manage to make his **** roster look better...Jerry Reese deserved to be fired....

Comment

Originally posted by EA_Baracus View Post
                Eli wouldn't have 2 SB MVPs if it wasn't for Jerry Reese.
                We had to wait until the final sentence to understand your agenda.
                It is all clear now.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                  We had to wait until the final sentence to understand your agenda.
                  It is all clear now.
                  No agenda at all. I even say in my post that it may have been time to move on. Just pointing out the facts. Answer my questions to state your case that I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGPonziScheme View Post
                    He destroyed NY Giants football. He let The Blueprint leave the building.

Coughlin gave Reese "The Blueprint" but Reese failed to help him properly with the right OL. Reese then turned to an amateur (McAdoo) to scapegoat Coughlin and fool ownership, extending his stay as GM.
                    Reese had little say in the hiring of McAdoo. Giants owners pick the coaches. NFL Network reporter Aditi Kinkabwala's twitter says Reese preferred two other candidates. Here is part of Reese's Q&A session from the press conference when McAdoo was hired (found on this site). Doesn't sound all in on BM to me:
                    Q: What was it about Ben that stuck out to you the most?

A: Well all the guys were good, it was nothing in particular. We talked about it, we came to a consensus on who we wanted and Ben got the nod.

Q: How much did Eli Manning and his love for this system have to do this hiring?

A: Everything was part of the process. We took that into consideration and we took everything into consideration. There were some guys who have been head coaches before who really interviewed well. The entire process, all six candidates that we interviewed, they were terrific.

Q: What stood out most about Ben though?

A: Again, everybody was good. Again, heís been here, we think he is the coach for the future for us. Everybody interviewed well. I donít think anything stood out different from other guys. We came to the consensus about who we wanted to pick and Ben was the guy.

Comment

Once Coughlin left the room he had very very good drafts in 2016, 2017

2015 with Coughlin was a disaster. That was the Flowers year. I would have given him and Ben one more year with Webb or Mayfield as QB and Eli with Denver
                      Last edited by BlueClue; 12-09-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I agree with the OP. It's just frustrating because the team has had a lot of irreparable injuries since 2009 and Reese failed to upgrade the O-line which is what has really held the team back more than anything. I would say that the defense end position is also significantly weaker in terms of depth, without his FA signings before the 2016 season.

Comment

No agenda at all. I even say in my post that it may have been time to move on. Just pointing out the facts. Answer my questions to state your case that I am wrong.
                          The answer is in the roster and the performance in the draft. Must I recount........

Flowers and Austin and Jernigan and Wilson and Barden and Cooper and Nassib (2 picks wasted there) and Sintim and re-signing Beatty and Petrus and McCants and D'amontre Moore and Ohhhhhhh Diggydowa and Mosely and Adrian JPP of tight ends Robinson and Makus Kuhn and Jayron Hosely and Reuben Randle and Brandon Mosely and Andre Williams and Mykele Thomson and Eric Herman and Geremy Davis and Paul Perkins and Prince Amukamura and Greg Jones and Tyler Sash and James Brewer and Matt ****ing Dodge and Travis Beckum ..................I am running out of ink, Google our draft resulst since that really good 2007 draft, look at our current roster and you'll get my point.

Last edited by jomo; 12-09-2017, 09:44 PM.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

All I hear is that "he won with Accorsi's players". People forget that we wouldn't have even made the playoffs in 07 without the contribution of his 2007 draft class and FA signings. Answer me these questions...do we beat the Bills without the plays by Kavika Mitchell and Ahmad Bradshaw? Do we beat NE in the SB if Kevin Boss is not there for that huge pass in the 4th qtr? Would we have won the SB that year without the contribution of Steve Smith and Aaron Ross? Would we have even made the playoff in 11 without JPP blocking a FG in Dallas or Victor Cruz taking a great individual effort on a 10 yd out 99 yds to the house? Not to mention that he was running the draft when "Accorsi's players" were drafted. Yes..his inability to upgrade the OL and LB positions have been frustrating and it may have been time to move on, but he wasn't a bad GM. For the people who are more Eli fans than Giants fans, Eli wouldn't have 2 SB MVPs if it wasn't for Jerry Reese.
                            He was ****. Get over it. Look at the stats, he has very few picks during his tenure who continued to play. Garbage and glad he's out.
                            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Reese is terrible. He won 2 SBs during his time and still got fired because he sucks so bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X