Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people discredit Jerry Reese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
    Once Coughlin left the room he had very very good drafts in 2016, 2017

2015 with Coughlin was a disaster. That was the Flowers year. I would have given him and Ben one more year with Webb or Mayfield as QB and Eli with Denver
    Yeah you would but that's nothing surprising coming from you. You have zero future as a GM by the way.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

The answer is in the roster and the performance in the draft. Must I recount........

Flowers and Austin and Jernigan and Wilson and Barden and Cooper and Nassib (2 picks wasted there) and Sintim and re-signing Beatty and Petrus and McCants and D'amontre Moore and Ohhhhhhh Diggydowa and Mosely and Adrian JPP of tight ends Robinson and Makus Kuhn and Jayron Hosely and Reuben Randle and Brandon Mosely and Andre Williams and Mykele Thomson and Eric Herman and Geremy Davis and Paul Perkins and Prince Amukamura and Greg Jones and Tyler Sash and James Brewer and Matt ****ing Dodge and Travis Beckum ..................I am running out of ink, Google our draft resulst since that really good 2007 draft, look at our current roster and you'll get my point.
      Can I make this my signature?? I'm ****ing serious!!! Brilliant!!! Sums up my total hatred for Reese.
      Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

The answer is in the roster and the performance in the draft. Must I recount........

Flowers and Austin and Jernigan and Wilson and Barden and Cooper and Nassib (2 picks wasted there) and Sintim and re-signing Beatty and Petrus and McCants and D'amontre Moore and Ohhhhhhh Diggydowa and Mosely and Adrian JPP of tight ends Robinson and Makus Kuhn and Jayron Hosely and Reuben Randle and Brandon Mosely and Andre Williams and Mykele Thomson and Eric Herman and Geremy Davis and Paul Perkins and Prince Amukamura and Greg Jones and Tyler Sash and James Brewer and Matt ****ing Dodge and Travis Beckum ..................I am running out of ink, Google our draft resulst since that really good 2007 draft, look at our current roster and you'll get my point.
        I will say again... BRILLIANCE!!!

Comment

Eli's ******ed play on many easy pass plays is the reason why the Giants offense is not that good. O-line has little to do with the offensive problem woes.

Eli put OBJ in position to get hurt and the posters I talked to about it act like Eli throwing a high fastball on a quick slant was a mistake, a lot of qbs do it and the pass was catchable.

Now we have to get a perfect O-line immediately like it is easy to get. Well we also have to replace another receiver. How could JR get your fairytale O-line and replace important players like OBJ?

Comment

Game.
            Set.
            And match.

Comment

Originally posted by EA_Baracus View Post
              All I hear is that "he won with Accorsi's players". People forget that we wouldn't have even made the playoffs in 07 without the contribution of his 2007 draft class and FA signings. Answer me these questions...do we beat the Bills without the plays by Kavika Mitchell and Ahmad Bradshaw? Do we beat NE in the SB if Kevin Boss is not there for that huge pass in the 4th qtr? Would we have won the SB that year without the contribution of Steve Smith and Aaron Ross? Would we have even made the playoff in 11 without JPP blocking a FG in Dallas or Victor Cruz taking a great individual effort on a 10 yd out 99 yds to the house? Not to mention that he was running the draft when "Accorsi's players" were drafted. Yes..his inability to upgrade the OL and LB positions have been frustrating and it may have been time to move on, but he wasn't a bad GM. For the people who are more Eli fans than Giants fans, Eli wouldn't have 2 SB MVPs if it wasn't for Jerry Reese.
              People seem to hate his arrogance and his inabilty to find offensive lineman and linebackers. He had a weasel aura about him kind of like Smithers from the Simpsons. I imagine John Mara calling him into the office and before he could say anything he would blame someone else.."You know John I think we should get rid of Tom it's all his fault" lol

Comment

Reese was good at the beginning. But, he distance himself the longer he was a GM. He lost touch and gambled on athletes instead of football players. He had numerous chances to redeem himself and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

People seem to hate his arrogance and his inabilty to find offensive lineman and linebackers. He had a weasel aura about him kind of like Smithers from the Simpsons. I imagine John Mara calling him into the office and before he could say anything he would blame someone else.."You know John I think we should get rid of Tom it's all his fault" lol
                  You don't have to imagine:
                  At Coughlin's exit press conference, Jerry Reese said the following,"You have to win with the players you got!"

Classless thing to do. He threw Coughlin under the bus as he's being pushed out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                    Once Coughlin left the room he had very very good drafts in 2016, 2017

2015 with Coughlin was a disaster. That was the Flowers year. I would have given him and Ben one more year with Webb or Mayfield as QB and Eli with Denver

What the hell are you babbling about?
                    You sound incoherent!!!
                    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

This place has really become unbearable

everybody fighting over the same 3 things over and over and over again

about people who are gone or will be within a season or 2 tops

see you in game day threads and then draft day

have fun manifesting insanity every day

Comment

Originally posted by EA_Baracus View Post
                        All I hear is that "he won with Accorsi's players". People forget that we wouldn't have even made the playoffs in 07 without the contribution of his 2007 draft class and FA signings. Answer me these questions...do we beat the Bills without the plays by Kavika Mitchell and Ahmad Bradshaw? Do we beat NE in the SB if Kevin Boss is not there for that huge pass in the 4th qtr? Would we have won the SB that year without the contribution of Steve Smith and Aaron Ross? Would we have even made the playoff in 11 without JPP blocking a FG in Dallas or Victor Cruz taking a great individual effort on a 10 yd out 99 yds to the house? Not to mention that he was running the draft when "Accorsi's players" were drafted. Yes..his inability to upgrade the OL and LB positions have been frustrating and it may have been time to move on, but he wasn't a bad GM. For the people who are more Eli fans than Giants fans, Eli wouldn't have 2 SB MVPs if it wasn't for Jerry Reese.
                        Jerry Reese sucks, and hes firing was long overdue. The guy had no eye for talent beyond the obvious.

Comment

The only direct contact I ever had with the guy was a talk he gave at
                          a private function. It was not long after the draft, and he could not
                          remember the names of who he just drafted. Fans had to remind him.
                          Seemed odd, since you would think that would be ingrained in a GM's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

Jerry Reese sucks, and hes firing was long overdue. The guy had no eye for talent beyond the obvious.
                            idk about this. Engram wasnt the obvious since everyone had njoku before engram, hargreaves before Apple...Reese is a beast first 3 rounds but I do agree he sucks later rounds. It looks lke every team gets a steal round 4-7 but the Giants...really rare for reese to get good players after round 3 but I vibe with his round 1-3 picks

Comment

Originally posted by OX1 View Post
                              The only direct contact I ever had with the guy was a talk he gave at
                              a private function. It was not long after the draft, and he could not
                              remember the names of who he just drafted. Fans had to remind him.
                              Seemed odd, since you would think that would be ingrained in a GM's head.
                              For this case I would think most likely their are other people helping him do the picking which is most likely the case. or its just so much work trying to pick the best aval player. Think about it they have to go make a list of all the best players ranked by their positions, see what giants need, then make another lists with need and best avail position etc. This guy prop have a list of hundreds of players and just go by whats left....most likely with the players he did want all off the board already

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post
                                This place has really become unbearable

everybody fighting over the same 3 things over and over and over again

about people who are gone or will be within a season or 2 tops

see you in game day threads and then draft day

have fun manifesting insanity every day
                                It's always like this, we have posters who go out of their way to incite rage from other members, the mods allow the same Eli garbage threads over and over, i visit the Cowboys forum from time to time and they had a Tony Romo section in the forum, now they have a Dak thread, those mods understand fans will always talk about the QB, their forum isn't a cluster F like this one, it's really tiring to see Eli thread 5000 and see the same posters repeat the same opinions from Eli thread 4999...

Comment

Working...
                                X