Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety Has Sacrificed Stats By Switching Positions When Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    When you go out and make "Sexy" Free Agent acquisitions, you overpay. I think JR learned his lesson from it. He's been cap-strapped for years because of Canty, Rolle, and Boley. Of the three, at least Rolle was playing hard last year, (though not necessarily always well.) The other two simply cashed in last year. Furthermore, Rolle is as close to a leader on the defense as we have.
    Do not feed the trolls.

    Comment


    • #47
      Rolle is a much different player in NY than he was in AZ. He returned multiple picks for TDs. He was a bigplay guy. Now, he's an in the box type guy and may be the most physical player on our defense.

      Comment


      • #48
        Rolle needs to get back to form. He has declined over the past 2 seasons as a natural playmaker and I know people will say it's because he's playing out of position but a true footbal player would never use that as an excuse.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #49
          What makes him such a good leader?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            What makes him such a good leader?
            hasnt missed a game and is on the field for most of the plays during a game.
            speaks honestly to the media and IMO hasnt ever said anything "bad"...
            also he is a very good player for the Gmen.
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
              Just because we won a SB doesn't negate the fact that we didn't receive the value we thought we paid for at those positions. While they were on the SB winning team none of the players listed played at a level that would justify their salary level. We could have received the same level of play from cheaper players.
              Name the cheaper players that were available at those positions at that time.
              Engage brain before speaking.

              Comment


              • #52
                Eh, seems like he is always trailing a play. Can't break down film like some but have seen enough games where a huge play has been made on the defense and the announcers have said he was at fault. Don't dislike the guy, but it seems like people fall for this "swag" thing to much. If Tuck goes out to a charity event and they ask him how he is doing people say he talks to much. When Rolle says things will get better next week he is a leader even though they don't?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Eh, seems like he is always trailing a play. Can't break down film like some but have seen enough games where a huge play has been made on the defense and the announcers have said he was at fault. Don't dislike the guy, but it seems like people fall for this "swag" thing to much. If Tuck goes out to a charity event and they ask him how he is doing people say he talks to much. When Rolle says things will get better next week he is a leader even though they don't?
                  I agree....but I think Rolle doesnt or didnt trust some of the guys playing in front of him and would "do too much" thus getting late on down field plays.
                  Numerous times he said that we all just need to do "our" jobs and trust the other 10- players to do theirs.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                    We overpaid, no matter what he does. We paid him like the best safety in the league. He is not that guy. I do hope his play improves if he plays more free safety.
                    corners get paid more than safetys
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      I agree....but I think Rolle doesnt or didnt trust some of the guys playing in front of him and would "do too much" thus getting late on down field plays. Numerous times he said that we all just need to do "our" jobs and trust the other 10- players to do theirs.
                      Yeah but maybe he needs to take his own advise. For example, not that it hurt them, but last year against the 49ers the only big play they connected on was when Rolle was out of position. Other times it seems like Webster is letting his man go thinking he has help and no one is there.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        Yeah but maybe he needs to take his own advise. For example, not that it hurt them, but last year against the 49ers the only big play they connected on was when Rolle was out of position. Other times it seems like Webster is letting his man go thinking he has help and no one is there.
                        Thats what I meant but didnt really say it.........Rolle says these things and I believe he includes himself for sure.
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Rolle is a top talent. The best players on the giants D are JPP, Prince, Rolle and Brown, other then that everyone else played bad. Yes Rolle got a big contract but he has skills. He tackles better then any linebacker we had and covers better then webster.
                          Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X