Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ownership relenting to media pressure and reinstating Eli as starter is the most COWARDLY thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

It wasn't an ownership decision because John Mara says it wasn't? lol ... when has Mara ever told the truth?

Didn't he also say that the firing of Reese and McAdoo had nothing to do with their handling of the Eli situation? Do you believe that too?
    Yes......pretty sure it had more to do with this being the worst Giants season in 30+ years......

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

You're the one questioning my post. I'll ask you the question:

Do you believe that Eli Manning isn't one of the worst QBs in the NFL the past two seasons?

So, rather than answer a direct question, you either can not or will not answer it. Got it.

To answer your question directly, yes.

ps - and yes, I was questioning the statements in your post, not you personally unlike your previous two replies to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

Yes......pretty sure it had more to do with this being the worst Giants season in 30+ years......
        Hope Santy Claus brings you everything that you want for Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          To answer your question directly, yes.
          Well then this is where we will disagree.

Statistically and analytically (PFF metrics etc) he has been one of the worst QBs in the NFL for the past two seasons. We've also had the 26th and 31st ranked offenses, respectively. And he's counted $44M against the cap.

Those are the facts that I referenced when I posted "feelings > facts" in response to someone clamoring, "you don't dare dis Eli like this."

I hope this puts your question into perspective and why I think it's both irrelevant and unworthy of a response.

Comment

Statistically and analytically (PFF metrics etc) he has been one of the worst QBs in the NFL for the past two seasons. We've also had the 26th and 31st ranked offenses, respectively. And he's counted $44M against the cap.

Those are the facts that I referenced when I posted "feelings > facts" in response to someone clamoring, "you don't dare dis Eli like this."

I hope this puts your question into perspective and why I think it's both irrelevant and unworthy of a response.
            Can you actually respond to a post you consider unworthy of a response without it instantly being deemed worthy of a response?

Comment

Agreed, we disagree. While your post does contain a fact, specifically that he has he's counted $44M against the cap, that's the only fact in the post. So while I applaud the attempt to move to dismissal, it's laughable. Maybe that stems from the confusion your post exhibits distinguishing facts from feelings.

Statistically according to NFL.com, he ranked 13th last year and 20th this year so I don't know how that is supposed to foot to one of the worst QBs in the NFL for the past two seasons, but that's why it comes down to your feelings - which I have no issue with and you are entirely entitled to - I guess.

No argument about the money although that's a largely moot point given how NFL contracts work. I don't really see how your unhappiness with his PFF metrics as compared to his contract is in anyway factual or even relevant, but again, emotions are what they are.

edit: upon re-reading I further stipulate as fact the statement that the Giants have had the the 26th and 31st ranked offenses, respectively over the past two years. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Can you actually respond to a post you consider unworthy of a response without it instantly being deemed worthy of a response?
                lol, huh?

Poster 1: You can't dis Eli like this

Me: Stop using "feelings > facts" (remove emotion from business decisions)

Sarcasm guy: Speaking of "feelings > facts"

I mean, let's be honest... that conversation had no potential and a very short lifespan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Agreed, we disagree. While your post does contain a fact, specifically that he has he's counted $44M against the cap, that's the only fact in the post. So while I applaud the attempt to move to dismissal, it's laughable. Maybe that stems from the confusion your post exhibits distinguishing facts from feelings.
                  Cute take.

Statistically according to NFL.com, he ranked 13th last year and 20th this year so I don't know how that is supposed to foot to one of the worst QBs in the NFL for the past two seasons, but that's why it comes down to your feelings - which I have no issue with and you are entirely entitled to - I guess.
                  What one stat did you just cite there as a consummate analysis of Eli Manning?

Yards? Please tell me you didn't just cite total passing yards as the only stat to make your point.

Overall statistically and analytically Eli ranked around 25th in the NFL in 2016 and 25th in 2017.

My apologies if you don't consider the bottom 1/5th of the league as "one of the worst." I certainly do.

No argument about the money although that's a largely moot point given how NFL contracts work. I don't really see how your unhappiness with his PFF metrics as compared to his contract is in anyway factual or even relevant, but again, emotions are what they are.
                  Hey - you seem happy to have a $44M cap hit for a QB who is being outplayed by the like of Blake Bortles and Jameis Winston.

Those are your feelings. I don't agree with them, but you're more than happy to weight them more than the facts.

Comment

I believe playing really well and winning is the only way fans don't turn on Eli next season.

Take a QB high or don't take a QB high, the fans will not tolerate either if this team is losing and Manning isn't playing really well. A touching moment for 2017 will a do a 180 come 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by giantofNYC View Post
                      I have ever witnessed in my LONG tenure as a Giants fan.

They might as well let Page Six GM the team if they gonna take cues from media. shows ZERO confidence and ZERO vision.

change the team name to the Mannings and give Archie the key.
                      They want butts in the seats, their sponsors want viewership, are you forgetting the dollar bill rules everything ? And that goes for the entire NFL, everything else is 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

They want butts in the seats, their sponsors want viewership, are you forgetting the dollar bill rules everything ? And that goes for the entire NFL, everything else is 2nd.
                        Here's a thought on what else could have come first: forward progress.
                        Pulling Eli for Geno did nothing for the future of the Giants...NOTHING.
                        And the manner in which it was done was beyond amateurish.

Webb, playing under limited circumstances with a limited playbook is infinitely better than putting Geno in.
                        And the fact that Webb was not made ready starting (say week 7) is the mark of an organization that is lost.
                        Last edited by Delicreep; 12-15-2017, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giantofNYC View Post
                          I have ever witnessed in my LONG tenure as a Giants fan.

They might as well let Page Six GM the team if they gonna take cues from media. shows ZERO confidence and ZERO vision.

change the team name to the Mannings and give Archie the key.
                          You're tenure,LOL please.You haven't seen squat.The Giants did the right thing McAdoo was a bad head coach,right now Eli is the best this team has.

Comment

Eli's season is the result of collateral damage.No O line,no receivers who should be in the NFL and no run game add in a Defense that is over come with injuries and some fans want the head of the QB,that is plain ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Here's a thought on what else could have come first: forward progress.
                              Pulling Eli for Geno did nothing for the future of the Giants...NOTHING.
                              And the manner in which it was done was beyond amateurish.

Webb, playing under limited circumstances with a limited playbook is infinitely better than putting Geno in.
                              And the fact that Webb was not made ready starting (say week 7) is the mark of an organization that is lost.
                              Well the fact is money does come first. The business comes before the sport. Now with that said I agree starting Geno was a waste of time. And Webb apparently was wasted in practice all year. But Geno was the only option cause they did waste the season with Webb. So in that scenario why even bench Eli. it was a McAdoo priority imo. And Reece never was an Eli guy anyway. He went with the wind.

So now Webb is lost and who knows if you actually would gain anything. And the organizations mind set will determine the future, the draft, and FA. Just hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride. No matter what happens their will be a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Well the fact is money does come first. The business comes before the sport. Now with that said I agree starting Geno was a waste of time. And Webb apparently was wasted in practice all year. But Geno was the only option cause they did waste the season with Webb. So in that scenario why even bench Eli. it was a McAdoo priority imo. And Reece never was an Eli guy anyway. He went with the wind.

So now Webb is lost and who knows if you actually would gain anything. And the organizations mind set will determine the future, the draft, and FA. Just hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride. No matter what happens their will be a riot.
                                The GM/coach will have Webb, this years first round pick and some vet QB to compete for the starting job, so with a little luck, we more forward

Comment

Working...
                                X