Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes you just have to say..........WTH.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you just have to say..........WTH.

http://www.giantexile.com/woman-arre...shaun-rodgers/

Excerpt:

"Rodgers got hotel security to help open the safe and, according to the report, Rogers found “most of his valuables” missing. Rodgers claimed that missing was $100,000 diamond earrings, a $100,000 watch, a $60,000 watch, a $50,000 gold necklace, a $70,000 diamond Cuban necklace and three gold bracelets worth $60,000."

First of all, it's his money and he can spend it however he wants. It helps stimulate the economy......but not only is this a gross display of wealth....but stupidity as well. Why are you bringing that much flash to a hotel? You don't think you're a target for criminals walking around in that stuff while in a city FULL of criminals?

I'm glad they caught the thief and I hope this taught him a lesson.

End sermon.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

what did Rogers do hand out the combination or leave it wide open?

personally im skeptical of hotel safes even when they are locked.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post

She was wanted for a string of robberies. She knows how to get in safes. She probably mickied his drink too.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

First thing that came into my mind was what the hell is Aaron Rodgers doing with all that bling?

Comment

Is bringing that amount of jewelry ridiculous? Probably. But, I think it's kind of victim blaming too to call it stupid as well. I mean, in a sense, the logic of victim blaming creates a justification for the criminal. If I saw that amount of wealth laying around, you know what I'd do? Not touch it because it isn't mine. It's totally the fault of the thief.
          One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
          -Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post

If it was a key code lock like a lot of hotel safes, apparently they're fairly easy to subvert given one knows how.
            One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
            -Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by NYGinIN666 View Post
              Is bringing that amount of jewelry ridiculous? Probably. But, I think it's kind of victim blaming too to call it stupid as well. I mean, in a sense, the logic of victim blaming creates a justification for the criminal. If I saw that amount of wealth laying around, you know what I'd do? Not touch it because it isn't mine. It's totally the fault of the thief.
              What a brilliantly naive viewpoint you have of Miami. It's a cesspool of criminal actvity. He may as well have been wearing a sign that said "steal from me".

Putting yourself at unnecssary risk is part of the problem. So, yes....I am laying partial blame on the victim. Would you walk down a dark street that is known to be dangerous and not take responsibilty for you getting mugged or attacked? Of course that's your fault....you knew better.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                What a brilliantly naive viewpoint you have of Miami. It's a cesspool of criminal actvity. He may as well have been wearing a sign that said "steal from me".

Putting yourself at unnecssary risk is part of the problem. So, yes....I am laying partial blame on the victim. Would you walk down a dark street that is known to be dangerous and not take responsibilty for you getting mugged or attacked? Of course that's your fault....you knew better.
                I'm not so much disagreeing with you dude. I'm just referring to this as defined by wiki here:

"Victim blaming occurs when the victim(s) of a crime, or any wrongful act are held entirely or partially responsible for the transgressions committed against them (regardless of whether the victim actually had any responsibility for the incident). People familiar with victimology are much less likely to see the victim as responsible..."

Whether or not you disagree with the definition is another thing
                -Nietzsche

Comment

I'm not so much disagreeing with you dude. I'm just referring to this as defined by wiki here:

"Victim blaming occurs when the victim(s) of a crime, or any wrongful act are held entirely or partially responsible for the transgressions committed against them (regardless of whether the victim actually had any responsibility for the incident). People familiar with victimology are much less likely to see the victim as responsible..."

I pretty much.....no....I CLEARLY stated I am partially blaming the victim in this case for not using common sense. Your wiki definition was pointless.

Comment

I pretty much.....no....I CLEARLY stated I am partially blaming the victim in this case for not using common sense. Your wiki definition was pointless.
                    IDK his jewelry was in a safe. He didn't leave it unprotected or laying on the kitchen counter. If she brakes the safe then it just wasn't your day.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                      IDK his jewelry was in a safe. He didn't leave it unprotected or laying on the kitchen counter. If she brakes the safe then it just wasn't your day.
                      No "in room" hotel safe is secure. Otherwise they wouldn't post a sign that says the hotel isn't responsib;e for lost or stolen items. You leave that much value in the hotel safe or safety deposit box. Chances are it was an upper class hotel and they have these things. Walking around a city with that kind of flash and you don't take the extra steps to secure it.....you're asking for trouble.

Comment

http://www.giantexile.com/woman-arre...shaun-rodgers/

Excerpt:

"Rodgers got hotel security to help open the safe and, according to the report, Rogers found “most of his valuables” missing. Rodgers claimed that missing was $100,000 diamond earrings, a $100,000 watch, a $60,000 watch, a $50,000 gold necklace, a $70,000 diamond Cuban necklace and three gold bracelets worth $60,000."

First of all, it's his money and he can spend it however he wants. It helps stimulate the economy......but not only is this a gross display of wealth....but stupidity as well. Why are you bringing that much flash to a hotel? You don't think you're a target for criminals walking around in that stuff while in a city FULL of criminals?

I'm glad they caught the thief and I hope this taught him a lesson.

End sermon.
                        I always have a sliding scale of sympathy for people who are the victim of property crimes.

He's not getting a whole lot from me.
                        Glad he got his stuff back, but perhaps next time he could try it without the "rob me" signs...metaphorically speaking.
                        Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

hahaha you're using Wikipedia to argue a point!?!?

lol

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

He could have fed the children of Africa for a year on that.

Or Sally Struthers for a day.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                              hahaha you're using Wikipedia to argue a point!?!?

lol
                              No, I used it for a definition because it isn't a commonly used term and isn't found in most dictionaries. The definition was from a research paper from the mid 90s about the psychology of victimhood.
                              -Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                              X