Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
    It's a big if. Top 10 maybe but not top 5.
    I'd say Top 5 when 100%

Here is my opinionated top 10...and honestly after the top 3 it's really difficult to rank them

1. Calvin
    2. AJ Green
    3. B Marsh
    4. Nicks
    5. Julio
    6. D Thomas
    7. Dez
    8. A Johnson
    9. Roddy
    10. Cruz

Honorable: Fitzy, VJax, Colston....

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

• In their respective 3 years of college ball -

Nicks had 181 catches, 2840 yards and 21 tds

Randle had 97 catches. 1634 yards and 13tds....

I hope Randle pans out as much as any other fan, but where is all the faith coming from that he could potentially be as good as Nicks? Specifically?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
        In their respective 3 years of college ball -

Nicks had 181 catches, 2840 yards and 21 tds

Randle had 97 catches. 1634 yards and 13tds....

I hope Randle pans out as much as any other fan, but where is all the faith coming from that he could potentially be as good as Nicks? Specifically?
        No one has said he as good as Nicks.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          No one has said he as good as Nicks.
          Everything but.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
            Everything but.
            There has been a running discussion about Nicks contract now that the Cruz contract seems to be a fait accompli. The discussion that includes Randle has been in terms of team leverage for Reese to use IF Randle starts to perform and make plays in 2013.

IF Nicks can stay healthy and puts up top 5 or 10 numbers, we should expect them to sign him long term, even if they have to apply the franchise tag to get there.

I haven't see anyone suggest Randle = Nicks
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
              I'd say Top 5 when 100%

Here is my opinionated top 10...and honestly after the top 3 it's really difficult to rank them

1. Calvin
              2. AJ Green
              3. B Marsh
              4. Nicks
              5. Julio
              6. D Thomas
              7. Dez
              8. A Johnson
              9. Roddy
              10. Cruz

Fitz belongs in there for sure.....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                More yards and TD's than any WR in Giants history in his 1st 4 years...........is a ticky tack stat?
                Seems pretty basic to me.
                Yes that's a ticky-tacky stat. That's like saying Nicks has the most left turns during the full moon of any Giant since last Monday.

If you want an example of a better stat ... which receiver has the most TDs, receptions and yards over the past two years?

The point being that I could see the Giants seeing Nicks in that fashion when thinking about breaking the 8 figure salary on a non-QB.

Not only does Nicks have an injury history, he hasn't even been the best receiver on the team for the past two years.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
                  I'd say Top 5 when 100%

1. Calvin
                  2. AJ Green
                  3. B Marsh
                  4. Nicks
                  5. Julio
                  6. D Thomas
                  7. Dez
                  8. A Johnson
                  9. Roddy
                  10. Cruz

Nicks better than Fitz and Andre Johnson?

Crack.

P.S. - Nicks isn't better than Cruz either (statistically speaking).
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Yes that's a ticky-tacky stat. That's like saying Nicks has the most left turns during the full moon of any Giant since last Monday.

If you want an example of a better stat ... which receiver has the most TDs, receptions and yards over the past two years?

The point being that I could see the Giants seeing Nicks in that fashion when thinking about breaking the 8 figure salary on a non-QB.

Not only does Nicks have an injury history, he hasn't even been the best receiver on the team for the past two years.
                    Nicks and Cruz together are better than Nicks or Cruz separately. If Nicks can stay healthy and get his numbers back up he'll be a priority for Reese.

Comment

Likely to be closer to $12 - 13M in 2014
                      actually iirc, WR was one of the positions that its Franchise tag # isnt going to increase iirc its supposed to actually lower.

and, it'd be somewhat poetic justice if we would franchise nicks over cruz, bc cruz has already given us 2 seasons at AMAZING value. kinda need to pay the man. nicks gettin franchised isnt that bad for him either as it would set the bar for him to be paid like a top WR. And RF is spot on anyways, we use the franchise tag as a contract negotiation ploy, if we franchised nicks it'd lead me to believe we were going to extend him long before the franchise # would hit the cap.

Comment

Isn't 4 years a better sample than 2?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Nicks and Cruz together are better than Nicks or Cruz separately. If Nicks can stay healthy and get his numbers back up he'll be a priority for Reese.
                          Blackburn was a priority for Reese ... until he wasn't.

Should Nicks have an injury free and productive season, yes we will want to re-sign him. However I'm not sure we'll be willing to pay an 8 figure salary for him and most likely, that's what he'll be asking for,

But we always knew there was a very slim chance of us keeping both Cruz and Nicks long term. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Blackburn was a priority for Reese ... until he wasn't.

Should Nicks have an injury free and productive season, yes we will want to re-sign him. However I'm not sure we'll be willing to pay an 8 figure salary for him and most likely, that's what he'll be asking for,

But we always knew there was a very slim chance of us keeping both Cruz and Nicks long term. We'll see how it goes.
                            Blackburn was never a "priority", more like a necessity at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Isn't 4 years a better sample than 2?
                              Not if it's meaningless.

And do you really see the Giants tying up $20 million in two receivers over the next three to four years? I sure don't (no matter how much I would love having Nicks and Cruz together).

Comment

• the reason why RR is compared to Nicks is because RR runs the complete route tree, is deceptive in his downfield speed similar to nicks, has a physical ability to his play, both run solid routes...

the reason RR had lesser stats in college wasn't due to skill, but more so that style offense LSU ran. RR's last two years, he had 2 QBs splitting time due to inefficient play. And he still had games where he'd dominate.

I definitely see a strong similarity and saw the similarity coming out of college. RR's play at the end of the yr only strengthened that belief.

I personally couldn't think of a better thing than having TWO Nicks caliber WR's on the outside with Cruz on the inside alongside Myers working the check downs and DW threatening the run...we'd be unstoppable. literally unstoppable. we're about as close to that as is now, if RR can progress watch out.

In that regard, the addition of L.Murphy almost seems like overkill, like a toy we're gonna use just because, well because, we're stacked already. I guess he was more of a fail safe plan, still expect to see a lot of him don't get me wrong. But I dunno how u give him snaps if Randle is playing like he's Nicks...maybe outta the slot?

Comment

Working...
                                X