Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    sorta like insider trading and profiting off it.
    Yeah, pretty much this. Mayock looks like a genius for nailing the pick and the Giants scout comes away with some 'information'. It's like dealing with a devil lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      "ALL".....I dont hink so. I am def not and argue with those who think they are.....
      I watch no college football, so I really don't know too much about who we draft, but it always amuses me that people can be so vehement about what is essentially crap shoot.
      eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
        I watch no college football, so I really don't know too much about who we draft, but it always amuses me that people can be so vehement about what is essentially crap shoot.
        +1 I don't even recognize most of the names lol
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
          Some of the posters here (including me of course) enjoy breaking down game tape and analyzing players. You end up falling in love with some of the prospects because of what they bring and there are others you just don't like what you see on the tape or the interviews. It's a natural reaction to be upset when the team passes on someone else you like or for you to champion a player that you 'hammered the table' for months upon months. You just have to learn to let it go and move on to next season.

Comment

• Right before the draft:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TOP.php

Johnathan Hankins #33
            Justin Pugh #43

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Ryan Nassib #41
            Justin Pugh #45
            Johnathan Hankins #50

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...rd-top-200-100

Johnathan Hankins #29
            Justin Pugh #57

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013bigboard.php

Justin Pugh - Not in top 122 picks

So, my question is, how can all these sites and talk right before the draft not say anything or have Pugh not even remotely close to pick 19, yet all of a sudden Mayock got an idea Pugh would go to the Giants at 19 the day before, and then other jumped in on it?

I just dont buy the fact he knew NOTHING of it and decided the Giants would pick him there all of a sudden in the final moments before draft time.

Comment

• I didn't like the Pugh pick, but I liked addressing DT with Hankins, and getting two steals in Moore and Nassib.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                I didn't like the Pugh pick, but I liked addressing DT with Hankins, and getting two steals in Moore and Nassib.
                Hankins grew on me once I realized the amount of snaps he was playing and I liked the value of the Moore and Taylor selections.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  I didn't like the Pugh pick, but I liked addressing DT with Hankins, and getting two steals in Moore and Nassib.
                  I really am excited about Moore
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    I really am excited about Moore
                    Im not sold yet. What makes you so up on him RF? In my opinion he will be a STer at best....

Comment

• First of all...Its a football message board so we are all "armchair GM's" ....."armchair coaches"......"armchair owners" etc,,,,,, We express our opinions about our team because this is America. (How fitting just before the 4th of July)

Secondly....No one is talking about a "leak". This isn't the government trying to gain favor. Its clear that Mayock knew that the Giants were drafted Pugh if Fluker was gone. Its not about predicting the entire first round, or getting some top secret clearance. It comes from talking to people in the organization and getting a feel for where we were.
                      So stop with all this "Why would we leak information" conspiracy nonsense.

And for a poster to accuse any fan of presuming to be an "armchair GM" simply because they share an opinion about what we did, is friggin ridiculous.
                      Kinda like saying we should discuss what Pugh might do in the NFL since he's never played in the NFL.

What the hell is going on here people??
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        First of all...Its a football message board so we are all "armchair GM's" ....."armchair coaches"......"armchair owners" etc,,,,,, We express our opinions about our team because this is America. (How fitting just before the 4th of July)

Secondly....No one is talking about a "leak". This isn't the government trying to gain favor. Its clear that Mayock knew that the Giants were drafted Pugh if Fluker was gone. Its not about predicting the entire first round, or getting some top secret clearance. It comes from talking to people in the organization and getting a feel for where we were.

And for a poster to accuse any fan of presuming to be an "armchair GM" simply because they share an opinion about what we did, is friggin ridiculous.
                        Kinda like saying we should discuss what Pugh might do in the NFL since he's never played in the NFL.

And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air....

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Im not sold yet. What makes you so up on him RF? In my opinion he will be a STer at best....
                          He has a really good motor, sound instincts to sniff out plays, and he's not even 21 yet so he can definitely improve in some aspects such as edge pass rushing. I don't think he will ever be a guy to reach 15 sacks in a season or anything but he should make a good sidekick to someone like JPP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            First of all...Its a football message board so we are all "armchair GM's" ....."armchair coaches"......"armchair owners" etc,,,,,, We express our opinions about our team because this is America. (How fitting just before the 4th of July)

I really don't think it's clear Mayock knew the Giants were drafting Pugh. How about - in his job as a draft analyst - he figured the pick would be an olineman. 6 olineman went in the 1st 11 picks and so he guessed the Giants would go for Pugh who was the next highest ranked OL on the board. That seems fairly plausible to me considering Mayock got about 28 other picks wrong.
                            Last edited by NYGabriel; 07-03-2013, 01:44 PM.
                            sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              He has a really good motor, sound instincts to sniff out plays, and he's not even 21 yet so he can definitely improve in some aspects such as edge pass rushing. I don't think he will ever be a guy to reach 15 sacks in a season or anything but he should make a good sidekick to someone like JPP.
                              Oops, my bad. I thought he was excited about the safety, Cooper Taylor. Yeah, I like Moore as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Since I don't follow college football I rely on people who do and this blub impressed me:

"The pass rusher his teammates call “DaMonster” looked like a potential star even while he backed up 2010 Butkus Award winner and No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 draft, Von Miller. After one season as the Aggies’ top rush linebacker (17.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks in 2011), he moved to defensive end for new head coach Kevin Sumlin, developing into one of the most destructive defensive players in the country. He lacks edge athleticism, but Moore wins with a great motor and has flashed hand use to disengage."
                                I like players who can be versatile.

Comment

Working...
                                X