Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
    I read your link and must admit it sounds plausible....but then so does the national Enquirer.....I am not sure I buy that as legit.....
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rd-no-big-deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
      It serves as proof that just because a team drafted you in the first round doesn't mean they had you rated as a 1st round talent. The cowboys had frederick listed as a 2nd rder and took him in the 1st. Of course, it works both ways. Randle was a 3rd rd guy for them and drafted him in the 5th.
      I recognize that I am a little slow but it is the cowboy thing I am hung up on. Is it their lead we should follow?

I am also a simple man. If you are drafted in the first round, you are a first round pick and yes first round talent. That doesn't mean some don't make mistakes with that but until proven otherwise.............

Lastly, using the cowboys as a model or example for anything given their miserable perforamance recently just makes no sense to me but hey, that's just me.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Can't speak for anyone else but most here know I coveted Wilson from the start last year and was obviously delighted with the pick.
        I hated the DW pick.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          You need to stop flying
          This week it was nothing but automobile my friend but the triangle was wide.......Long Island to Scranton through storms and then to Hartford and home in 48 hours. Forgive me, whatever dumb things I say until the week-end.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
            I recognize that I am a little slow but it is the cowboy thing I am hung up on. Is it their lead we should follow?I am also a simple man. If you are drafted in the first round, you are a first round pick and yes first round talent. That doesn't mean some don't make mistakes with that but until proven otherwise.............Lastly, using the cowboys as a model or example for anything given their miserable perforamance recently just makes no sense to me but hey, that's just me.
            Travis frederick, the cowboys first round pick, was listed as a 2nd round talent. Where you are drafted does not alter your level of talent. The cowboys have on staff professional scouts, something that none of us here can claim to be. The point is that an nfl team does not always draft a guy that they have pegged as a first round talent in the first round. If you want to reject the idea that we would never do anything similar to the cowboys in that sense, then by all means.

Comment

Travis frederick, the cowboys first round pick, was listed as a 2nd round talent. Where you are drafted does not alter your level of talent. The cowboys have on staff professional scouts, something that none of us here can claim to be. The point is that an nfl team does not always draft a guy that they have pegged as a first round talent in the first round. If you want to reject the idea that we would never do anything similar to the cowboys in that sense, then by all means.
              I can't argue facts but I can argue that I trust our scouts and GM more than I do the cowgirls staff. The final truth comes from performance. Was Victor Cruz a non-drated talent? You've got the pre-draft judgement and the "what did he actually do for us" judgement. I am saying that I will be happy to bank on the Giants pre-draft judgement vs. the 'boyz.

Comment

This week it was nothing but automobile my friend but the triangle was wide.......Long Island to Scranton through storms and then to Hartford and home in 48 hours. Forgive me, whatever dumb things I say until the week-end.
                I remember those days. Happy they are over.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  First of all...Its a football message board so we are all "armchair GM's" ....."armchair coaches"......"armchair owners" etc,,,,,, We express our opinions about our team because this is America. (How fitting just before the 4th of July)

Secondly....No one is talking about a "leak". This isn't the government trying to gain favor. Its clear that Mayock knew that the Giants were drafted Pugh if Fluker was gone. Its not about predicting the entire first round, or getting some top secret clearance. It comes from talking to people in the organization and getting a feel for where we were.
                  So stop with all this "Why would we leak information" conspiracy nonsense.

And for a poster to accuse any fan of presuming to be an "armchair GM" simply because they share an opinion about what we did, is friggin ridiculous.
                  Kinda like saying we should discuss what Pugh might do in the NFL since he's never played in the NFL.

What the hell is going on here people??
                  disscussing is one thing...Out and out saying JR was wrong or made a mistake is just incorrect.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I got into this late so stop me if I've missed a whole bunch of important stuff. What is the significance of where the cowboys had someone rated?
                    there is none. he's using it as an example to support his claim pugh was a 2nd rd talent, and JR felt he was a 2nd rd talent, and still chose to pick him at 19.

Comment

and thats what I am saying about Pugh....JR wanted him so BFD. Its not a mistake and it wasnt "wrong". This was his process for this draft
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

the cowboys had the last pick of the 1rst rd. different situation than 19.

and as said by jomo and me earlier, wtf does dallas have to do with anything? ur hurting ur own cause. if dallas had him as a 2nd rd player (pugh) and we had him as a 1rst, you can agree with the cowboys by all means. i wont. and i dont get ur point. so, Pugh was this 2nd rd talent to such a degree that was so blatant JR had to have felt the same way? ANd u feel he would actually pick him at 19 feelin that way.

Comment

• and, so Dallas had Pugh as a 2nd rd talent. I posted an article a while back and am not about to go fishing for it, where Pugh was ranked/graded ahead of L.Johnson and in the grouping of Luekler and Fisher. And that was an actual NFL GM that was sourced for the article. I fail to see how that relates to how JR and Co. had him rated. and seeing as they took him 19 overall, I think its safe to say that they felt he was a 1rst rd talent. everything they've said/explained has backed that.

in fact, iirc, JR and Co have even addressed these opinions not too long ago about how he ACTUALLY was their BPA at 19th pick. Again, just because YOU or I dont know about a guy until the draft comes doesnt relegate that player into some inferior ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            there is none. he's using it as an example to support his claim pugh was a 2nd rd talent, and JR felt he was a 2nd rd talent, and still chose to pick him at 19.
                            .......which gets to the point of my question which was why would anyone set the cowboys as a benchmark for anything related to quality in draft evaluations or quality in running an NFL franchise when compared with JR and the Giants?

Comment

.......which gets to the point of my question which was why would anyone set the cowboys as a benchmark for anything related to quality in draft evaluations or quality in running an NFL franchise when compared with JR and the Giants?
                              because it supports "their veiw point

Comment

• whats going on here, is the media had "sexier picks" that were more well known, much more. ANd, seeing those same prospects touted repeatedly by the likes of "Bucky Brooks" lol no offense to him just funny name I guess, made it so some posters began to accept what the analysts said as actual truth. Last I checked, there wasnt ONE "analyst" who currently was working for a NFL team...Mayock has friendships with a lot of guys but thats not what we're talkin bout here.

So, when a guy like Pugh, who had been consistently ignored by the bucky brooks of the world, those posters cant actually see him as being different than what they were told, especially when they are clueless about the kid. I'd bet that not only were the majority of us unaware of him as a prospect, i'd bet many didnt even know the dude existed lol. So, when we take him at 19, "how COULD WE PASS ON S.FLOYD OR X.RHODES?!?!" solely bc those posters actually have an idea of those guys...its pretty apparent to me at least.

i mean lol, the SAME thing happened last yr. "we reached on Wilson bc TB took Martin. DW isnt even a 2nd rd prospect. WHAT? WE COULDA GOTTEN HIM IN THE 3rd MAYBE 4TH!!!!" lmfao same **** as now. and, it was eventually apparent that this kid had the goods and at the very least, possessed a skill set worthy of the 1rst rd.

when we took phillips, nicks, Ross, Wilson, the theme was the same "it was a reach to fill a need"...only for the year to play out, and the players showed they were actually not only worthy of being picked, but the best players at said position of their classes.

the ONLY way I see the diminishing of the pick as being fair is the positional value being a RT taken in rd 1. some feel u dont take a RT rd 1. some do. but no ones making that argument really, i may have seen it mentioned in passin once this thread. the question is coming from Pughs talent/worth as a player NOT position. And, I can assure you all, in my very strong opinion, this kid IS the real deal and IS gonna be a staple very much the way Snee has been while he was in his prime. Now, dont expect it day 1. but, he will get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X