Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
    Travis frederick, the cowboys first round pick, was listed as a 2nd round talent. Where you are drafted does not alter your level of talent. The cowboys have on staff professional scouts, something that none of us here can claim to be. The point is that an nfl team does not always draft a guy that they have pegged as a first round talent in the first round. If you want to reject the idea that we would never do anything similar to the cowboys in that sense, then by all means.
    what you say makes total sense I agree. With that said it doesnt make it a mistake to do just that. The Gianst liked Pugh and got him......case closed
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

    Comment


    • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
      I'm starting to think Brewer's problem is that he sucks.
      not a good problem to have....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • "Sources".........

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          This is why I can't sleep at night. My hubby is so disrespected. Makes me weep gently on my guitar.
          hahahahahha!

          Stand with Cruz!
          80

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
            Hey at least it hasn't morphed into a thread about a player who shall remain anonymous(hint:do you really need a hint?)

            Kick back and enjoy it. I sure am
            You mean the guy who may be an ELITE top 5 QB in the NFL!!?!!??!

            Stand with Cruz!
            80

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              what you say makes total sense I agree. With that said it doesnt make it a mistake to do just that. The Gianst liked Pugh and got him......case closed
              Its just not a philosophy that I like. Especially since JR has always toted the line that he takes the best player. I have my own views of positional value and where certain positions should and shouldn't be drafted. I've slapped together some ideas to sort of establish a sabermetrics for football or in other words, a moneyball of sorts. I have an intuitive basis for it but I just don't have the time to see if the empirical data follows.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                Its just not a philosophy that I like. Especially since JR has always toted the line that he takes the best player. I have my own views of positional value and where certain positions should and shouldn't be drafted. I've slapped together some ideas to sort of establish a sabermetrics for football or in other words, a moneyball of sorts. I have an intuitive basis for it but I just don't have the time to see if the empirical data follows.
                I think you can out think or overthink to a degree. Observing and gauging talent, IMO, doesnt need to be a science. Because you are dealing with human nature. You can haveall the talent in the world but if you dont have the drive or desire then you will amount to nothing. Thats what I think really separates success and failure as a pro athelete. Thats why a 7th round pick and eclipse a 1st rounder. All about "wanting it".....
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                  You mean the guy who may be an ELITE top 5 QB in the NFL!!?!!??!
                  Perhaps, but you didn't hear that from me...
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                    Hey at least it hasn't morphed into a thread about a player who shall remain anonymous(hint:do you really need a hint?)

                    Kick back and enjoy it. I sure am
                    Are you saying you need someone to hit the report button? Get back to work!
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                    Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                      Are you saying you need someone to hit the report button? Get back to work!
                      I just reported this.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        I think you can out think or overthink to a degree. Observing and gauging talent, IMO, doesnt need to be a science. Because you are dealing with human nature. You can haveall the talent in the world but if you dont have the drive or desire then you will amount to nothing. Thats what I think really separates success and failure as a pro athelete. Thats why a 7th round pick and eclipse a 1st rounder. All about "wanting it".....
                        You can want it all you want, but if you don't have the natural ability then it ain't happening. Two examples of polar opposites that fit this - tebow and plaxico

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                          You can want it all you want, but if you don't have the natural ability then it ain't happening. Two examples of polar opposites that fit this - tebow and plaxico
                          Actually, Plax was a deceivingly hard worker. I get your point, though, and agree for the most part.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            Actually, Plax was a deceivingly hard worker. I get your point, though, and agree for the most part.
                            He missed practice for a whole year and still performed extremely well. He didn't need to put in work to perform, mainly what I was getting at

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                              He missed practice for a whole year and still performed extremely well. He didn't need to put in work to perform, mainly what I was getting at
                              Well, that's true. I bet he still prepared extremely well, but his physical attributes made it possible to dominate games with minimal physical effort.

                              I'm honestly surprised Tebow still hasn't fixed his throwing motion, or made it acceptable. For a guy with an average arm and poor accuracy as is, he can't have that wind-up motion. Leftwich, at the very least, had a cannon, and he still couldn't cut it.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                                You can want it all you want, but if you don't have the natural ability then it ain't happening. Two examples of polar opposites that fit this - tebow and plaxico
                                you dont make the NFL unless you have ability......Tebow is a gifted athlete he should be able to do "somehting" in the NFL. But he refuses to give up the QB position. They all have varying degrees of talent for sure but drive is essential.
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X