Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      No party, it's what was going to happen all along. I would have liked it to happen sooner, but it is what it is. I think it's best for the team to have him signed long term. It also doesn't hurt that he still seems to be level headed and grounded.
      I totally agree, I think it's best for both parties to have a long term deal in place and I don't think we will overpay.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        And one more thing; Randle's performance this season.
        oh yeah and that too. I'm praying that Nicks stays healthy and has an awesome year, so we can sign him long term. This way we can sneak a couple more years with all three players.
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
          oh yeah and that too. I'm praying that Nicks stays healthy and has an awesome year, so we can sign him long term. This way we can sneak a couple more years with all three players.
          Assuming Cruz does sign his long term deal this month, that takes him out of the 2014 sweepstakes. Not only does Nicks have to play as you have described but so does JPP if both want to squeeze top dollar out of Jerry Reese. The dark horse in the Nicks' situation is Randle. If he starts to produce, Reese will surely use that as leverage in the Nicks' negotiations. On top of that, if Hakeem misses games and/or doesn't produce # 1 numbers, his UFA status may take his services elsewhere.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Assuming Cruz does sign his long term deal this month, that takes him out of the 2014 sweepstakes. Not only does Nicks have to play as you have described but so does JPP if both want to squeeze top dollar out of Jerry Reese. The dark horse in the Nicks' situation is Randle. If he starts to produce, Reese will surely use that as leverage in the Nicks' negotiations. On top of that, if Hakeem misses games and/or doesn't produce # 1 numbers, his UFA status may take his services elsewhere.
            God I would hate seeing him play for another team...but if Randle does have a good year and shows he can possibly be a number 1 and JPP has a beast year. I think you can say goodbye to Nicks, cause you don't want to shift all your money to one side of the ball.
            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
              God I would hate seeing him play for another team...but if Randle does have a good year and shows he can possibly be a number 1 and JPP has a beast year. I think you can say goodbye to Nicks, cause you don't want to shift all your money to one side of the ball.
              Our best team still includes all three and there will be money under the CAP to get them done.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Our best team still includes all three and there will be money under the CAP to get them done.
                I'm trusting you RF, you usually are spot on with the Giants contract situations. ( If everything falls into plan)
                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  Our best team still includes all three and there will be money under the CAP to get them done.
                  That will be the team this year regardless. Next year could be a whole 'nother story. We are all assuming that going into next year will be the same as going into this year. Just ask the Patriots if stuff happens.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                    I'm trusting you RF, you usually are spot on with the Giants contract situations. ( If everything falls into plan)
                    There is a basic assumption that the demands of Nicks and JPP, as with Cruz, aren't firm in mind or reality. They will both ask for more than they will get as is their duty. But expectations will have to be more reasonable than the demands.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      You need to listen to me more often
                      lol haha no.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        lol haha no.
                        I believe your van privileges might be in jeopardy
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          to me it would be better not to sign him to a long term right now. Let the season play out. See how Randle or any of the other WRs do and revisit after the season. It will be like an open competition especially for Nicks and CRuz.
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            to me it would be better not to sign him to a long term right now. Let the season play out. See how Randle or any of the other WRs do and revisit after the season. It will be like an open competition especially for Nicks and CRuz.
                            I don't think there is a slot receiver on the team who could come close to Cruz. Randle, on the other hand, could perform well enough to give the Giants an option (leverage) to Nicks in 2014.
                            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I don't think there is a slot receiver on the team who could come close to Cruz. Randle, on the other hand, could perform well enough to give the Giants an option (leverage) to Nicks in 2014.
                              Thats true. Cruz does have leverage in that regard...
                              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-01-2013, 07:34 PM.
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                I don't think there is a slot receiver on the team who could come close to Cruz. Randle, on the other hand, could perform well enough to give the Giants an option (leverage) to Nicks in 2014.
                                Do you really believe that RF?
                                I like Randle a lot, but I completely disagree.
                                We had a top producing slot guy before. His name was Steve Smith.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X