Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jomo-really? i disagree completely. i'd be fine if JPP played like that for the next 10 yrs...sack #s are overrated in many regard. I'd like to see JPP increase both pressures and sacks, but just bc he didnt set the league on fire in those two aspects last season doesn't mean he isn't a top DE in the league...

Comment

Personally, the priority for me has been to get our most productive WR over the last two seasons tied up long-term and that, it seems, is about to happen imminently !

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        That isn't Cruz's problem. That's Reese's. problem.
        well maybe I phrased that wrong cause your right. Just like its not Eli's problem for our Cap situation. Should of been "Hopefully the giants didnt cave in to Cruz's greed and left some money on the table they can use to help resign Nicks"..... There is that better?
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          We don't need JPP if he plays like last year.
          I hope he recovers fully from his back surgery, but can we expect him to be 100% at the beginning of the season?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            well maybe I phrased that wrong cause your right. Just like its not Eli's problem for our Cap situation. Should of been "Hopefully the giants didnt cave in to Cruz's greed and left some money on the table they can use to help resign Nicks"..... There is that better?
            The word "greed" doesn't factor into contract negotiations and the team doesn't "cave in." Players are entitled to negotiate the best deal they can. The team is entitled to draw a line they won't cross. Nicks' situation has nothing to do with Cruz, JPP, or anyone else. Should Nicks make an initial demand at, say, $14M is he going to be "greedy"?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              4th and less than one. Frighteningly, we are running behind our OL. lol
              Fade to Barden? He's really tall. They are still negotiating in the huddle. Clock is winding down.

"Delay of game, number ten, offense."
              Last edited by Gimaniac; 07-02-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                I heard they were on the 2 yard line.
                Giants don't always do their best in the green zone. Just kidding.

Comment

the NFL....much like saving for your retirement. You have to live for the day and think about the future too.
                  The Giants can win big now. They have to think like that and worry about next season but the present is much more important for a team like theirs IMO.
                  You cant keep all the really good players....its impossible.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Good question. It's gonna be hard to keep both considering Nicks' injury history. He's gonna have have a monster question.
                    SPECIALLY if Randle shows up big.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                      SPECIALLY if Randle shows up big.
                      Nicks' future here will be determined by three things:

1. His playing a full season
                      2. His putting up Nicks-like numbers
                      3. The development of Rueben Randle

If Nicks takes care of business, and he was on the right track in skipping the OTAs, then # 3 won't matter as much although if Randle becomes a producer, it will be used as leverage in the Nicks' negotiations.

Comment

Cruz has tweeted "Good things come to those who wait"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ning_camp.html

Comment

If Nicks takes care of business, and he was on the right track in skipping the OTAs, then # 3 won't matter as much although if Randle becomes a producer, it will be used as leverage in the Nicks' negotiations.
                          Actually, I think it's just #3. If RR shows up big, Nicks just isn't worth the money. Remember they dubbed him as a Nicks clone on draft day?
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

I think 1 and 2 are the same... if he stays healthy for a full season he should put up numbers. I think it all comes down to 3. If Randle lights it up, and Nicks asks for a huge contract I believe we might let him walk...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              Actually, I think it's just #3. If RR shows up big, Nicks just isn't worth the money. Remember they dubbed him as a Nicks clone on draft day?
                              Here's the problem, how many snaps will Randle get behind Cruz and Nicks? If he takes advantage of every opportunity and Eli targets him, it will factor into Nicks' negotiations. But if you think his missing games again won't matter, I believe that will have more of an impact on his future worth to the Giants.

Comment

Here's the problem, how many snaps will Randle get behind Cruz and Nicks? If he takes advantage of every opportunity and Eli targets him, it will factor into Nicks' negotiations. But if you think his missing games again won't matter, I believe that will have more of an impact on his future worth to the Giants.
                                How many snaps did mario get. Quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X