Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Welker vs. Victor Cruz: Who Is The Best Slot Receiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes Welker vs. Victor Cruz: Who Is The Best Slot Receiver?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/2/...-slot-receiver

Excerpt: "Bucky Brooks of NFL.com recently did a breakdown of Wes Welkerand Victor Cruz to try and determine who is the best slot receiver in the NFL. After studying all of the skills they display Brooks determined that Cruz is the best slot receiver in the league. I decided to look at all of the same points and give my point of view on this discussion.

Brooks felt both men were equally good route runners. Welker is very deceptive while Cruz relies more on his speed to get to where Eli Manning is targeting him. Welker uses a variety of head fakes and stutter-steps more than Cruz, but both produce the results that are expected of them. When it comes to ball control Welker is better at catching the ball in traffic while Cruz is better in the air.

Cruz is more explosive once he has the ball. Cruz explodes before the ball is even in his hands and once he has it he takes it up another notch. Both players have also proven to be clutch in big situations which have led to championships. For years Welker has been on of the best third down receivers in the game and Cruz has shown in just his first two seasons that he can be one of the more clutch receivers in the league." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Slot receiver is being thrown around too much these days. I don't even consider it a compliment. Cruz is the better receiver because he can play the slot and outside.

Comment

I think Cruz is more unique than Welker but the answer to the question won't really be known for a few years.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Welker did zip in 3 years at Miami. He obviously has a great deal of talent but he was helped massively by new England's system. He guarantees over a thousand yards and 6 td's a year and the pats gave Danny Amendola a better contract offer. Cruz is the more talented and could fit more systems better.
        sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Cruz explodes before the ball is even in his hands
          which is probably why he had the dropsies last year

Both players have also proven to be clutch in big situations which have led to championships.
          Welker won a champioship?

I will add both have had 99 yard TD receptions by a multiple Superbowl MVP, future HOF QB.
          The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
            Welker did zip in 3 years at Miami. He obviously has a great deal of talent but he was helped massively by new England's system. He guarantees over a thousand yards and 6 td's a year and the pats gave Danny Amendola a better contract offer. Cruz is the more talented and could fit more systems better.
            you dont really know that unless you see CRuz in a dif system....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

It's an unfair question, Welker has been in the league longer than Cruz, so his numbers are obviously much better. Also, he's much older, while Cruz is in his prime. You can't go wrong with either one.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                It's an unfair question, Welker has been in the league longer than Cruz, so his numbers are obviously much better. Also, he's much older, while Cruz is in his prime. You can't go wrong with either one.
                Talk about playing the field lol

Comment

Didnt we talk about this already?

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Yes
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Yes, but we are discussing it again it seems.

Comment

obviously Cruz is younger and is an earlier breakout than Welker was. Welkers 1st 3-4 years he did nothing in the league.

Cruz imo is better now and in the end will be better than Welker.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is an easy question it's definitely Welker.

When I think of slot receiver I think catching 100-120 passes. Around 1200-1400 yards. and consistently moving the chains on 3rd down. There is no one better then Welker at doing that.

It's still early for Cruz and he has bigger play ability going across the middle. He has the potential to be better but you have to give it to Welker and I hate saying that.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

I really don't care who's better, both are great players. I'm just happy a player on our team is one of the two in the argument of best in the league. Now lets make sure he retires in giants blue.

Comment

Wes Welker is 32 years old with 9 NFL seasons in the books. Victor Cruz is 26 years old with 3 NFL seasons in the books. Victor Cruz is gonna have the advantage at the present time just with his youth, but comparing new to old is hardly substantial anyway.
                              Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 07-02-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X