Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk WRs for 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lets talk WRs for 2018

    It was seen as a strength for this team the past couple of years, but really is struggling to stay healthy and produce.

    #1 - Odell. Obviously he will be here again next year at the least. How will he overcome his injury? Will he be as explosive? Will he still bring drama along with dynamic play making ability? He is a big question mark going forward.

    #2 - Brandon Marshal. He was signed to a 2 year deal and was a complete bust. I dont think we ca hang on to him for next season. He wasnt producing, isnt healthy and cant catch a foobtall.

    #3 - Sterling Sheppard. Very disappointing season. Between his injuries and drops, not sure whats up with him. He needs to get it together becasue he shows his potential at times, like that Raiders game where he absolutely dominated. He stays for 2018.

    #4 - Travaris King. I like him. Id keep him for the back end of our WR corps. Doesnt drop the ball, and shows flashes as a vet. Runs good routes.

    #5 - Rodger Lewis. I think he is ok, but nothing special at all. Probably should be a #6 WR or a PS guy on a good team.

    #6 - The other guys. Travis Rudolph, Kalif Raymond, DWayne Harris, ect

    Out of this Id keep Odell, Sheppard and King on the roster. This means we need a significant boost to our WR corps going into next year. Engram will help a bunch too, but we need another playmaker at the WR spot on the outside and better WRs for depth.

    Just add it to the pile of positions we need a significant upgrade in.

    What say you?

  • #2
    We need tes and fbs for run blocking support.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wr is a tricky position to evaluate also. watch antonio brown's college tape and tell me he looks anything but average at best. Shoot watch him in the pros. looks like he isn't ever really all that open. somehow manages to be the best WR in the NFL. how?


      Tavares King is not known as a good route runner from everything i've read. The opposite. it was the knock on him, from what i can recall. What makes you say he is a good route runner? he seems to be more of a straight line speed guy.

      Sharp cuts are not his thing, and that is what gets you open at the top of routes. perhaps he has improved?

      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...for-georgia-wr

      Bmarsh drops the ball too much and catches with his body too much rather than with good hands but he is heck of a fast and sharp route runner. exceptional cuts and speed. contrary to popular belief he is not a go up and box out with size guy IMO, he is a get open guy. at his age can he still do that at the highest level? dunno.
      Last edited by bigpoppy; 12-13-2017, 12:30 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        It was seen as a strength for this team the past couple of years, but really is struggling to stay healthy and produce.

        #1 - Odell. Obviously he will be here again next year at the least. How will he overcome his injury? Will he be as explosive? Will he still bring drama along with dynamic play making ability? He is a big question mark going forward.

        #2 - Brandon Marshal. He was signed to a 2 year deal and was a complete bust. I dont think we ca hang on to him for next season. He wasnt producing, isnt healthy and cant catch a foobtall.

        #3 - Sterling Sheppard. Very disappointing season. Between his injuries and drops, not sure whats up with him. He needs to get it together becasue he shows his potential at times, like that Raiders game where he absolutely dominated. He stays for 2018.

        #4 - Travaris King. I like him. Id keep him for the back end of our WR corps. Doesnt drop the ball, and shows flashes as a vet. Runs good routes.

        #5 - Rodger Lewis. I think he is ok, but nothing special at all. Probably should be a #6 WR or a PS guy on a good team.

        #6 - The other guys. Travis Rudolph, Kalif Raymond, DWayne Harris, ect

        Out of this Id keep Odell, Sheppard and King on the roster. This means we need a significant boost to our WR corps going into next year. Engram will help a bunch too, but we need another playmaker at the WR spot on the outside and better WRs for depth.

        Just add it to the pile of positions we need a significant upgrade in.

        What say you?
        If Tavares King stays, the Giants will be in trouble...he is a stiff. The Giants can do better than him by getting some undrafted rookie.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          It was seen as a strength for this team the past couple of years, but really is struggling to stay healthy and produce.

          #1 - Odell. Obviously he will be here again next year at the least. How will he overcome his injury? Will he be as explosive? Will he still bring drama along with dynamic play making ability? He is a big question mark going forward.

          #2 - Brandon Marshal. He was signed to a 2 year deal and was a complete bust. I dont think we ca hang on to him for next season. He wasnt producing, isnt healthy and cant catch a foobtall.

          #3 - Sterling Sheppard. Very disappointing season. Between his injuries and drops, not sure whats up with him. He needs to get it together becasue he shows his potential at times, like that Raiders game where he absolutely dominated. He stays for 2018.

          #4 - Travaris King. I like him. Id keep him for the back end of our WR corps. Doesnt drop the ball, and shows flashes as a vet. Runs good routes.

          #5 - Rodger Lewis. I think he is ok, but nothing special at all. Probably should be a #6 WR or a PS guy on a good team.

          #6 - The other guys. Travis Rudolph, Kalif Raymond, DWayne Harris, ect

          Out of this Id keep Odell, Sheppard and King on the roster. This means we need a significant boost to our WR corps going into next year. Engram will help a bunch too, but we need another playmaker at the WR spot on the outside and better WRs for depth.

          Just add it to the pile of positions we need a significant upgrade in.

          What say you?
          I'm most disappointed in Shep. He flat out has under-performed almost the entire season. He doesn't seem to get much separation, and he (as well as others) drop way too many passes. The injuries are frustrating but that's out of his control. I don't know what it is, but he just doesn't seem to be improving at all.

          I think Marshall will never play another snap on the Giants. Odell will be back and hopefully as good as ever. Hopefully he is a Giant for life. I don't know how I feel about this group on a broader level though. I see other teams' WRs always running free, yet every pass play we run seems to have incredibly tight coverage. Maybe it's the routes/play calling or maybe it's just a lack of talent.

          Comment


          • #6
            WRs are fine...Odell, Shep and Engram are all you need. The other WR spot can be filled with just about anybody. Marshall will be cut to save some $. The two highest scoring offenses this year...eagles and rams...don't have stud receiving cores. The Giants have plenty of firepower with what they have.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

              I'm most disappointed in Shep. He flat out has under-performed almost the entire season. He doesn't seem to get much separation, and he (as well as others) drop way too many passes. The injuries are frustrating but that's out of his control. I don't know what it is, but he just doesn't seem to be improving at all.

              I think Marshall will never play another snap on the Giants. Odell will be back and hopefully as good as ever. Hopefully he is a Giant for life. I don't know how I feel about this group on a broader level though. I see other teams' WRs always running free, yet every pass play we run seems to have incredibly tight coverage. Maybe it's the routes/play calling or maybe it's just a lack of talent.
              I agree. Playcalling is certainly part of it, but the lack of play makers and crisp route runners is concerning. Seems like they are just going through the motions and not maximizing their talents.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

                If Tavares King stays, the Giants will be in trouble...he is a stiff. The Giants can do better than him by getting some undrafted rookie.
                King is the 3rd best WR on this team IMO. Right now, he is our #2 behind Sheppard. I think he is better than Lewis or Rudolph.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The team has a ton of needs WR's low on the list, do not want to waste a draft pick on a WR....we can find a decent one in FA..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                    We need tes and fbs for run blocking support.
                    No OL?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If we're solid anywhere, it's WR. I wouldn't draft one unless someone you have exceptional value on falls into your lap in rounds 3+.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Odell and Shep are the only must keeps. All the others (King, Lewis, Harris) are easily replaceable by third day draft picks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Are they going to keep Beckham's baby sitter for future seasons? Don't expect improvement, if that doesn't change.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Brandon Marshall should retire he has been a no impact receiver his last 2 seasons and I know he got injured this year but he looked absolutely finished before doing so. Harris should do the same.

                            the nucleus will be OBJ, shep and Engram they need to add another piece because none of these other receivers who have been playing are good enough

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by STAR View Post
                              If we're solid anywhere, it's WR. I wouldn't draft one unless someone you have exceptional value on falls into your lap in rounds 3+.
                              I don't think we are really solid anywhere except for TE

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X