Lets talk WRs for 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I don't know how anyone can think our WRs are set for next season.

th injury concerns
    Shep decline
    Marshall is done
    King is OK at best
    Lewis and Rudolph and the rest are garbage

We need an upgrade big time.
    I agree, WR is somewhere between an area of need and an area of critical need.

BTW, I think Shep will be fine as a #2 or #3. He has the most character in that group and is one that we can count on in the starting mix. I can't say that about anyone else based on all the points you so eloquently make.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      I don't know how anyone can think our WRs are set for next season.

th injury concerns
      Shep decline
      Marshall is done
      King is OK at best
      Lewis and Rudolph and the rest are garbage

We need an upgrade big time.
      We don't thi nk we are SET ... but if you want to waste money AGAIN on a wr vs o-line ... then you must have been a Reese fan

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post

We don't thi nk we are SET ... but if you want to waste money AGAIN on a wr vs o-line ... then you must have been a Reese fan
        Anyone that's knows anything knows how much I couldn't stand Reese and think building the trenches should always be the #1 priority.

I was just pointing out that our WRs are far from the expectations most had. The past couple of seasons some would talk about how we had one of the best WR corps in the league. I myself was included.

Comment

We have heard many times that you can't evaluate the QB because of the O-line... by extension, you can't evaluate the WR group either. If the QB can't do well, neither can the guys he is throwing to!

There are a lot of holes in this team, most of those holes would be fixed, or at least covered up by focusing on the trenches
          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

If anything we draft another WR in the 3rd or 4th like Equanimeous St Brown from Notre Dame or Simmie Cobbs from Indiana.

We've learned outside of Odell, Shep, and Engram theres are ZERO recieving threats on our team. While WR is pretty far down the list of needs, it wouldnt hurt to have another threat
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
              W

Tavares King is not known as a good route runner from everything i've read. The opposite. it was the knock on him, from what i can recall. What makes you say he is a good route runner? he seems to be more of a straight line speed guy.

Sharp cuts are not his thing, and that is what gets you open at the top of routes. perhaps he has improved?
              You arent the only one to say his route running stinks, but I disagree. Great game by King. Watch the 1:30 mark for his great route and move to break an ankle.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201712...450&tab=videos

Comment

Working...
              X