X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Apple's struggles are 'mental,' Giants' Landon Collins says

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "
    Landon Collins has Eli Apple's back, but he did not mince words with his assessment for why the embattled cornerback's second season has been so tumultuous.

The Giants safety said Apple's struggles are "mental" and related to off-field issues in his personal life in the wake of the latest controversy surrounding Apple - his curious (and rule-breaking) tweeting after he was inactive for a fourth straight time in the Giants' 30-10 loss to the Cowboys last Sunday.

"I had a sitdown with him. A couple of us have had a sitdown with him," Collins said Wednesday after the Giants held their first practice of the week ahead of Sunday's home game against the NFC-leading Eagles. "We just said that regardless of the situation, we've got your back. You're our brother ... at the end of the day, we have to go into battle with him.

"We need him to be here. We need him to want to be here. Not fighting against us, or fighting against the coaches or the organization or whoever he's fighting against in his head. We don't need him fighting us."

Collins was more blunt later in his press session. "It's mental," he said. "Right now, he has a lot of personal issues. It's not confidence."" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

At this point, the giants might as well put Eli apple on ir or whatever.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Pathetic.

who ever heard of a 1st round pick (top 10) being inactive for multiple games (healthy) ...and on a **** team. Nonsense the kid is not a pro

Comment

Kid is mentally weak

so basically they all sat down with him and said stop being a *****

"personal" issues yeah we all do

Comment

Can't wait until we cut him. Bad pick from day 1

Comment

Jordan Ranaan said on his last podcast that this kid is not liked at all within the organization ... from the owner, to the front office, to the coaches to the other players.

Not a good situation.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              Jordan Ranaan said on his last podcast that this kid is not liked at all within the organization ... from the owner, to the front office, to the coaches to the other players.

Not a good situation.
              Makes sense. Never heard of a top 10 pick being a healthy scratch for multiple games before. So there would have to be a lot behind that

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Makes sense. Never heard of a top 10 pick being a healthy scratch for multiple games before. So there would have to be a lot behind that
                Yeah, pretty hard to imagine he was drafted before Hargreaves. Well, at least we don't have to worry about THAT guy making any more boneheaded picks!

Comment

it might be behavioral issues. immaturity. i thought he had potential his rookie year, this was the year we would see if he would blossom or not, sometimes it doesnt work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Yeah, pretty hard to imagine he was drafted before Hargreaves. Well, at least we don't have to worry about THAT guy making any more boneheaded picks!
                    All the people who put 99% of the work into that pick are still here. So I really hope we see very deep changes to that whole team. Not holding my breath

Comment

Here is what Reese said about Apple on draft day:

“A really good, young player,” Reese said. “Height, weight, speed. Big school. Only 20 years old. Has all the tools. He holds all the tools to be a starter. He was the highest graded player on our board, beyond the guys with issues.”

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...3-5e59bc644568

Beyond the guys with issues? Obviously Apple had issues.

Comment

Hopefully he figures it out. He certainly has the athletic potential to be a good player.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Not a good situation.
                          He grew up an a big Eagles fan, it isn't surprising at all. It wouldn't surprise me at all if players found out that he was the rat that talked to Josina Anderson

Comment

I don't think we needed anyone to tell us his problems were mental.

Eli made that plain as day.

Comment

What went on with his mother would affect anyone mentally. I can show him some sympathy . It takes a lot longer to recover from the stress of have to see the reality that you may lose some very close to you. Personally I will give him a pass for this season. I can tell you from experience the tribulation makes you stronger when you get through it.
                              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X