Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFF: Dalvin Tomlinson is a top 10 rookie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PFF: Dalvin Tomlinson is a top 10 rookie

    Excerpt:
    9. DALVIN TOMLINSON, DI, NEW YORK GIANTS

    PFF Grade: 84.2

    PFF Elite Stat: Tomlinson ranks 16th out of 127 qualified interior defenders with 19 run stops this season.

    Tomlinson is now ranked 25th among interior defenders in terms of overall grade and his 86.3 run defense grade ranks 16th; Larry Ogunjobi is the only other interior defender to rank within the top-50 in terms of run defense grade (81.8, 36th) and heís been on the field for 134 fewer run defense snaps than Tomlinson through the first 13 weeks. Tomlinson ranks ninth out of 38 interior defenders whoíve been on the field for at least 200 snaps in run defense with a 23.9 positive impact rate against the run (the percentage of plays in which heís received a positive grade).

    Link: https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...hrough-week-13

    Let us not forget who drafted him and Engram.

    The same guy who drafted Applesauce and Tulip >:c

  • #2
    Reese does well with DL and WRs...thats about it...and even that is only within the first 2 rounds.

    Comment


    • #3
      The entire DL is overrated as hell. including Snacks. Itís a cute nickname but the results speak for themselves.The run D has been putrid from game 1. Spare me.

      these guys can be good players by none of them deserve any accolades right now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TE88 View Post
        The entire DL is overrated as hell. including Snacks. Itís a cute nickname but the results speak for themselves.The run D has been putrid from game 1. Spare me.

        these guys can be good players by none of them deserve any accolades right now.
        Yeah and the worse thing is, all of them are better run stuffers then pass rushers.
        I guess Reese idea was to get well balanced DL so he doesnt have to worry about LBers. Obviously that was a failed mission.
        I think it would of been better getting real pass rushers DEs and DTs that can pass rush/cause disruption up the middle and get LBers to handle the run.

        Comment


        • #5
          Look at Jags....all four of their DL are great pass rushers. Hell both of their DTs have more sacks then our DEs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TE88 View Post
            The entire DL is overrated as hell. including Snacks. Itís a cute nickname but the results speak for themselves.The run D has been putrid from game 1. Spare me.

            these guys can be good players by none of them deserve any accolades right now.
            I disagree about Snacks being overrated (not the cute nickname... ). I think he has been playing at a very high level.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

              I disagree about Snacks being overrated (not the cute nickname... ). I think he has been playing at a very high level.
              217 attempts, 1059 yards, 6 TDs, 4.9 ypc for opponents when rushing INSIDE vs the Giants.

              159 attempts, 664 yards, 3 TDs, 4.2 ypc for opponents when rushing outside vs the Giants.

              They all suck this year man. Bottom 1-2 unit in the league. Whatever they are contributing is crap

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TE88 View Post

                217 attempts, 1059 yards, 6 TDs, 4.9 ypc for opponents when rushing INSIDE vs the Giants.

                159 attempts, 664 yards, 3 TDs, 4.2 ypc for opponents when rushing outside vs the Giants.

                They all suck this year man. Bottom 1-2 unit in the league. Whatever they are contributing is crap
                One thing I will say about snacks, the guy creates holding calls. I would take him on my team anyday. I think the lb core and the always injuried bj goodson has really hurt the run game overall.
                [SIGPIC]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                  One thing I will say about snacks, the guy creates holding calls. I would take him on my team anyday. I think the lb core and the always injuried bj goodson has really hurt the run game overall.
                  He is a good player. But none of Those guys are playing well enough this year. 130 yards a game requires everybody to NOT do their part

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Highly rated crappy DL. The paper champs
                    Long Live the King

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                      The entire DL is overrated as hell. including Snacks. Itís a cute nickname but the results speak for themselves.The run D has been putrid from game 1. Spare me.

                      these guys can be good players by none of them deserve any accolades right now.
                      Sort of...I still think it's not smart to really judge everyone too much this season. I care much more how they played last year. Given what happened, it's only human nature to drop off after you see the rest of the team just suck play after play and game after game. It is certainly possible with a new energy next year for this team to play better next year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

                        Sort of...I still think it's not smart to really judge everyone too much this season. I care much more how they played last year. Given what happened, it's only human nature to drop off after you see the rest of the team just suck play after play and game after game. It is certainly possible with a new energy next year for this team to play better next year.
                        I also think this is true. I suspect everyone is 'playing down' to the level that the entire team is on.
                        It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TE88 View Post

                          He is a good player. But none of Those guys are playing well enough this year. 130 yards a game requires everybody to NOT do their part
                          Yeah definitely. The offense should take blame as well. A good ball controlling offense can help the d a lot. But still the d as a whole takes a lot of the blame. The giants d can't do anything right. Landin collins should be a linebacker. Not a safety.
                          [SIGPIC]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HarrisSmith33 View Post

                            I also think this is true. I suspect everyone is 'playing down' to the level that the entire team is on.
                            100%

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post
                              Reese does well with DL and WRs...thats about it...and even that is only within the first 2 rounds.
                              Fair Statement outside of Austin.

                              Reese DL PICKS.

                              Good - Linval, JPP, Dalvin, Hankins

                              Bad - OO, Moore, Bromley, Kuhn, Marvin Freaking Austin (2nd round Pick!!!), Adrian Tracy, Robert Henderson, Jay Alford.
                              Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X