Gilbride Offense or Macadoo Offense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilbride Offense or Macadoo Offense

Looking back, knowing what we know now if you had to pick between the two, would you choose Gilbride or Mac's offense?

Given Mac's performance, Gilbride is looking more like a scapegoat than the actual problem when he got fired.

What say you?
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Gilbride is an all-time great OC.

McAdoo is a putz.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      Gilbride is an all-time great OC.

McAdoo is a putz.
      +1

is this even really a question?

Comment

There are several things I like about Gilbride's offense, even though it was supposedly a very difficult offense, opposing defenses found it very hard to defend. Eli had full control to move the routes around as he saw fit. Put it this way...You e never heard "We know what they were going to run before they ran it" when Gilbride was around!

Comment

Gilbride is a superior coach to McAdoo. Mac was probably the worst coach in the entire NFL. That includes coordinators.
          It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
            There are several things I like about Gilbride's offense, even though it was supposedly a very difficult offense, opposing defenses found it very hard to defend. Eli had full control to move the routes around as he saw fit. Put it this way...You e never heard "We know what they were going to run before they ran it" when Gilbride was around!
            Besides the "rocket" incident.

Comment

I like the idea of, what was supposed to be, Mac's up tempo offense. I think Eli can thrive in an up-tempo, no huddle offense.

I also liked Gilbride's propensity to push the ball down the field.

A combination of both would be nice.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                Looking back, knowing what we know now if you had to pick between the two, would you choose Gilbride or Mac's offense?

Given Mac's performance, Gilbride is looking more like a scapegoat than the actual problem when he got fired.

What say you?
                Still remember the 49ers DB's complaining in the 2011 NFC championship game how tough it was to cover Giants WR's. Particularity Cruz in this offence.

KG and its not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Still remember the 49ers DB's complaining in the 2011 NFC championship game how tough it was to cover Giants WR's. Particularity Cruz in this offence.

KG and its not even close.
                  I understand why he was “retired” when he was....don’t necessarily agree but I definitely understand the decision...but one thing I would have loved to see is Odell Beckham in the Gilbride system. That O was ALL about the X receiver. I think he would have destroyed....not that he hasn’t but i still would have loved to see it

Comment

Gilbride all day every day ... and it's not even close

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
                      Just ask Carlos Rodgers who was a pro bowl corner in 2011 how he felt about Gilbrides offense. Dude was basically crying to his coaches about the options routes. Good ol times i tell ya.

Comment

Gilbride's for sure. Like some of the passing concepts that came in under Mac, but ultimately without TC's imprint, Mac's offense proved to be incredibly ineffective even though we have the most dynamic player in the NFL on our roster.

Comment

NIETHER

Comment

The two offensive schemes have something in common, they were both blame for Eli's bad play.

Comment

it goes in this order.

1- gilbride
                              2- my wife
                              3- macadoo

Comment

Working...
                              X