Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Network Lists Frank Gifford Most Underrated Giant, Tiki Barber Most Overrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Tiki may have been a dope at the end, but he was a heck of a football player, and played his *** off every play. Not to mention all the off season training he did to be the very best player he could be.
    Tiki carried horrible teams on his back

overrated my ***

Comment

Tiki may have been a dope at the end, but he was a heck of a football player, and played his *** off every play. Not to mention all the off season training he did to be the very best player he could be.
      This is all I need to see:

His LAST 5 years: Rush / Rec
      2002- 16 GAMES 1387yds 4.6ypc 11TDs / 69rec 597yds
      2003- 16 GAMES 1216yds 4.4ypc 2TDs / 69rec 461yds
      2004- 16 GAMES 1518yds 4.7ypc 13TDs / 52rec 578yds
      2005- 16 GAMES 1860yds 5.2ypc 9TDs / 54rec 530yds
      2006- 16 GAMES 1662yds 5.1ypc 5TDs / 58rec 465yds

over 10K career rushing yards and over 5K receiving yards.

Imagine if he didnt retire at 31? He got better with age.
      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
        Tiki is underrated, and I'm not afraid to say it, he CARRIED the team from the early 2000's right up until Eli really took over the reigns of the offense.
        +1. Tiki was an excellent Giant for many years. And I find it hard to believe that Gifford is considered "underrated" because he's always mentioned with the all time Giants greats.

Comment

Trench guys are always the most under-rated un-glorified positions, so the most under-rated player would be a guy like Erik Howard, Jim Burt, David Diehl, Bart Oates, etc.

I agree with the poster who said Shockey was the most over-rated. After a great rookie year, he wasn't anything special. But the all time most over-rated Giant is Jonas Seawright!!!
          Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Tiki Barber is the best back in Giants history. Otis Anderson? I love Otis but you have got to be kidding me. Another NFL.com rating gone bad. With Sapp telling me why Rice was better than Stray, those awful top 100 rankings, and now this I find NFL.com good for stats only.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
              Tiki Barber is the best back in Giants history. Otis Anderson? I love Otis but you have got to be kidding me. Another NFL.com rating gone bad. With Sapp telling me why Rice was better than Stray, those awful top 100 rankings, and now this I find NFL.com good for stats only.
              Can't watch them anymore, they are so bias in their opinion of almost any Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
                Tiki is underrated, and I'm not afraid to say it, he CARRIED the team from the early 2000's right up until Eli really took over the reigns of the offense.
                I agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  This is all I need to see:

His LAST 5 years: Rush / Rec
                  2002- 16 GAMES 1387yds 4.6ypc 11TDs / 69rec 597yds
                  2003- 16 GAMES 1216yds 4.4ypc 2TDs / 69rec 461yds
                  2004- 16 GAMES 1518yds 4.7ypc 13TDs / 52rec 578yds
                  2005- 16 GAMES 1860yds 5.2ypc 9TDs / 54rec 530yds
                  2006- 16 GAMES 1662yds 5.1ypc 5TDs / 58rec 465yds

over 10K career rushing yards and over 5K receiving yards.

Imagine if he didnt retire at 31? He got better with age.
                  No other NYG running back posted numbers even close to those. It's time to "let bye gones be bye gones" and give this guy the credit he deserves!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue57 View Post
                    No NYG back never posted numbers even close to those. It's time to "let bye gones be bye gones" and give this guy the credit he deserves!
                    I always gave him NFL player credit, just not human being credit. Lets face it, he is a ******bag.
                    The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      I think the Tiki pick is off myself. He did a lot for this team on the field.
                      Seriously.

Maybe he was including broadcasting careers ... ?
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Overrated Giants (past decade):

Shockey (for the hype he got)
                        Rolle (considering the money)
                        Luke Petitgout
                        Lavarr Arrington

Underrated:

David Diehl (5th round draft pick guys)
                        Madison Hedge**** (heck of a blocker)
                        Jim Finn (see Hedge**** plus he could run)
                        Dan Campbell
                        Joe Jurivicious
                        David Tyree (one of the best gunners in the NFL his entire career)
                        Nick Griesen (the original Blackburn)
                        Fred Robbins
                        Gibril Wilson
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue57 View Post
                          No other NYG running back posted numbers even close to those. It's time to "let bye gones be bye gones" and give this guy the credit he deserves!
                          No other Giant RB there is only 1 other back that put up those numbers Marshall Faulk. Marcus Allen is another that has 10,000 and 5,000 but he played 16 seasons. If Marcus Allen is in the Hall of Fame Tiki should be. Allen is so overrated. 3 1000 yard seasons ,All in his first 4 years.Then he just played a long time after that

Allen 16 seasons 12243 rushing 5411 receiving
                          Barber 10 seasons 10149 rushing 5183 receiving
                          Faulk 12 seasons 12279 rushing 6879 receiving
                          Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-03-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

To me...the most underrated Giant of all time was Erik Howard.
                            THAT was a great Giant! And made one of the great defensive plays in Giants history that led us to a SB win.
                            Howard was certainly a very good player for the G-Men.
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Tiki pick is terrible for overrated. For three years he was the 2nd best back in the league behind BLT, and it could have been argued more versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
                                Tiki pick is terrible for overrated. For three years he was the 2nd best back in the league behind BLT, and it could have been argued more versatile.
                                Agreed.....Tiki was alot of things.....overrated was not one of them. This offense would be absolutely sick if we had a guy like Tiki in his prime.
                                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                                X