Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Network Lists Frank Gifford Most Underrated Giant, Tiki Barber Most Overrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No other Giant RB there is only 1 other back that put up those numbers Marshall Faulk. Marcus Allen is another that has 10,000 and 5,000 but he played 16 seasons. If Marcus Allen is in the Hall of Fame Tiki should be. Allen is so overrated. 3 1000 yard seasons ,All in his first 4 years.Then he just played a long time after that

Allen 16 seasons 12243 rushing 5411 receiving
    Barber 10 seasons 10149 rushing 5183 receiving
    Faulk 12 seasons 12279 rushing 6879 receiving
    Allen's numbers would have been way better had Al Davis not tried to ruin his career. Allen is a legitimate HOFer as is Tiki if he makes it.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Like it or not Tiki is the greatest offensive player in the history of the Giants and the only other player who touches him is Eli. And that's only because he's a QB and has more of a high profile position and more opportunity to do so. He was a Marshal Faulk type player who could have easily been a wide receiver if he so desired. Evidenced by being the second leading receiver in the history of the Giants and the number one rusher. Overrated my ***.

Comment

skockey was the most overrated player by far...most underrated was George Marten....

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          Overrated Giants (past decade):

Shockey (for the hype he got)
          Rolle (considering the money)
          Luke Petitgout
          Lavarr Arrington

Underrated:

David Diehl (5th round draft pick guys)
          Madison Hedge**** (heck of a blocker)
          Jim Finn (see Hedge**** plus he could run)
          Dan Campbell
          Joe Jurivicious
          David Tyree (one of the best gunners in the NFL his entire career)
          Nick Griesen (the original Blackburn)
          Fred Robbins
          Gibril Wilson
          no Richie Seubert in the underrated column ?

the man was a warrior and very few know his name

Comment

Ratings are overrated, or at least they get more recognition than they merit. They do spark some interesting debates and opinions that are posted.

I mostly just read and don't post, but I don't see Frank (or any HOF'ers) as underrated. Being on the old side, I would probably go with Del Shofner or Kyle Rote as underrated - for those who know the names. And I don't see Tiki as being overrated - in my mind he helped establish Coghlin's tenure the first few years. I didn't like the way things ended with Tiki, but I can't agree with the writer's call. I don't do well with negatives, so I don't have an opinion on who really is the most overrated.

Comment

Working...
            X