Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants interim GM Kevin Abrams says playing Davis Webb this season ‘an ongoing conversation’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants interim GM Kevin Abrams says playing Davis Webb this season ‘an ongoing conversation’

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3698245

Excerpt: "Giants interim GM Kevin Abrams is making sure his voice is heard.

Abrams spoke to the media on Thursday for the first time since taking over for the fired Jerry Reese a little more than a week ago and said he wants the GM job and will be given an interview before the end of the season.

While Abrams said there is not a whole lot he can do in the interim role for the remaining three weeks, it is possible he could play a role in influencing whether or not the Giants play Davis Webb.

Abrams said he speaks with interim head coach Steve Spagnuolo every day and called the Webb situation “an ongoing conversation.”

"I think we want to see all of our young guys down the stretch. Davis in particular because of the importance of the position, but it’s hard to do," Abrams said. "I’m sure you guys know this already, you can only play one quarterback at a time. It’s not like trying to sprinkle in a defensive tackle or linebacker into the mix and give him some reps. It’s a bit different and has a bit more of an impact for everything else that you do.

"(Steve) Spagnuolo and I talk about it all the time. John (Mara)’s talked about it on plenty of occasions. We know what we want to accomplish, it’s just not easy to do it necessarily. It’s an ongoing conversation, hopefully we get opportunity to put him out there, but it’s got to be done the right way.”" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Its hard to do? What the heck is he talking about? Why is everyone making this out to be rocket science. Stop making it more complicated than it is. Just go out there and run the play they tell you. Stop with all the audibles and switching it to an inside handoff. That play doesn't work anyway. Just run the damn play they tell you and if no one is open just throw that dump off to the RB for 4 yards that Eli did all day last Sunday. No one expects the kid to light the world on fire. I just want to see his mechanics and whether he is a little mobile or whatever. Let's stop this obsession with we have to try and win every single game. Stop being so naive for once. Lets play the kid and if we lose we lose. No big deal. Geez

Comment

Sounds like after the recent fiasco and with a couple of home games to go everyone's afraid to sit Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
        Its hard to do? What the heck is he talking about? Why is everyone making this out to be rocket science. Stop making it more complicated than it is. Just go out there and run the play they tell you. Stop with all the audibles and switching it to an inside handoff. That play doesn't work anyway. Just run the damn play they tell you and if no one is open just throw that dump off to the RB for 4 yards that Eli did all day last Sunday. No one expects the kid to light the world on fire. I just want to see his mechanics and whether he is a little mobile or whatever. Let's stop this obsession with we have to try and win every single game. Stop being so naive for once. Lets play the kid and if we lose we lose. No big deal. Geez
        above is the perfect example of how little fans actually know about this situation

Comment

Oh please YA... stop condescending. Yeah you know soooo much. I could never be like you. Go give yourself a pat on the back. Again, stop making it out to be so complicated. We're not expecting perfection. Just let the kid play for God's sakes. Its not brain surgery. Its sports.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            hopefully we get opportunity to put him out there, but it’s got to be done the right way.”"
            I agree with Abrams. It’s not as simple as just throwing him out there. Do it right or don’t do it at all.

what is ironic is that throwing him out there will make the “evaluation” that everyone is clamouring for even more ineffective. There is no sense to just doing something for he sake of doing it - you have to do it with purpose and with a plan on mind for it to be meaningful.

the only thing to be frustrated about in this situation is why Webb wasn’t the #2 QB since the end of training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
              Oh please YA... stop condescending. Yeah you know soooo much. I could never be like you. Go give yourself a pat on the back. Again, stop making it out to be so complicated. We're not expecting perfection. Just let the kid play for God's sakes. Its not brain surgery. Its sports.
              Oh Stew. You clearly don't understand do you?

We are not running your typical pro WCO. We are running a very difficult version of the Don Bosco Prep offense which is way beyond Davis' comprehensive abilities.

What you fail to realize is that on each play, Eli is orchestrating the complexities within our scheme to fully expose our opponents weaknesses.

The idea is clearly to lull our opponents defense to sleep, only to throw longer than 20 yards once the game is firmly out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Oh Stew. You clearly don't understand do you?

We are not running your typical pro WCO. We are running a very difficult version of the Don Bosco Prep offense which is way beyond Davis' comprehensive abilities.

What you fail to realize is that on each play, Eli is orchestrating the complexities within our scheme to fully expose our opponents weaknesses.

The idea is clearly to lull our opponents defense to sleep, only to throw longer than 20 yards once the game is firmly out of hand.
                Nice...I'll do the the other side. This is not directed at you!

I just don't think the coaches and staff can accurately judge Webb's ability unless I am watching him play.

I mean...they see him in practice and there have been multiple reports that he's not ready, but those just don't seem to be credible because...well, I haven't seen him play.
                Maybe he is ready...we won't really know until I see him.

And if I have doubts, then I really see no other viable option put to get him out there and show me what he can do. I mean...I'm gonna have a lot to say about the draft and I need all the facts I can get in order to correctly advocate for our pick.

I get that I don't get paid to make those judgements, but I feel my opinion should carry some weight...I mean, I passed the requirements to post on this forum, right?
                "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Are we going to spend a #1 on an unproven QB when we might have our next starting QB on the bench?
                  That would be bad use of assets at our finger tips......or worse.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    Are we going to spend a #1 on an unproven QB when we might have our next starting QB on the bench?
                    That would be bad use of assets at our finger tips......or worse.
                    That QB on the bench is unproven as well. lol I can easily just rearrange your statement to

Are we going to spend a #1 on possibly our next starting franchise QB when we have an unproven QB on the bench?

That would be a good addition of assets at our finger tips.
                    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 12-14-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post

That QB on the bench is unproven as well. lol
                      Yes he is.......
                      Are we going to waste yet another pick on a QB (in the face of this horrendous OL) and not see what he's got with live bullets flying?
                      If the brain trust on this team is not going to play him before the draft, they must know he is a bust and don't want to tip their hand before the draft.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

I just don't think the coaches and staff can accurately judge Webb's ability unless I am watching him play.

I mean...they see him in practice and there have been multiple reports that he's not ready, but those just don't seem to be credible because...well, I haven't seen him play.

And if I have doubts, then I really see no other viable option put to get him out there and show me what he can do. I mean...I'm gonna have a lot to say about the draft and I need all the facts I can get in order to correctly advocate for our pick.

I get that I don't get paid to make those judgements, but I feel my opinion should carry some weight...I mean, I passed the requirements to post on this forum, right?
                        You've pretty much captured in a nutshell the attitude of many posters here.

Surgeon: "Mr. Webbfan, in the process of tying your wife's tubes I found some cancerous tissue. I'd like to remove it while I have her under."
                        Mr. Webbfan: "OK, Doc. I know you went to medical school and have been a surgeon for like twenty years, but...I'd like to see it for myself. Go ahead and grab me some scrubs while I wash up."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

You've pretty much captured in a nutshell the attitude of many posters here.

Surgeon: "Mr. Webbfan, in the process of tying your wife's tubes I found some cancerous tissue. I'd like to remove it while I have her under."
                          Mr. Webbfan: "OK, Doc. I know you went to medical school and have been a surgeon for like twenty years, but...I'd like to see it for myself. Go ahead and grab me some scrubs while I wash up."
                          Well...I do want to see Webb get some reps, but I'll admit it's more out of curiosity than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

You might want to rethink this one
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

You might want to rethink this one
                              Well...I was on a roll...maybe I got carried away!

But seriously...there is nothing wrong with wanting to see him out there; I just can't convince myself that there will be any meaningful take away that could possibly effect our plans for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X