Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the worst Giants season you’ve witnessed ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really amazing we've experiencing one of the worst seasons in the Giants storied history.

John Mara has to own this. He more than anyone needs to re-access his leadership of this team.

While winning a Super Bowl was great, let alone two, our teams weren't great teams. And I think that may have clouded the thinking of this organization.

The Giants strategy seemed to be to focus on certain positions at the expense of others.

The Giants have always marched to the beat of their own drum, and that IMO led to our downfall.

Comment

embarrassing, dissapointing, crushing, heartbreaking.

the steelers are a force with the same age qb we have and he is surrounded by talent. SURROUNDED!

the dumbest, most close minded, clueless oc/head coach of all time.

shaming the entire organization by ruining the streak of a legend.

we have had some ****ty teams. but this has been by far the worst season. because it was supposed to be great.
      Last edited by LTMVP; 12-15-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
        ‘73, ‘74 and ‘76 we’re pathetic but this one is right up there, especially with the talent we have.
        73,74 & 76 we were pretty much devoid of talent...Defense played hard, had a few stars & everybody gave effort... unlike this "Mutiny on the Bounty"... right from "stars" you don't really like..like "Dog Pisser" Beckham, quitters/"Problems" DRC & Jenkins...Rookie head cases/devoid talents ELI "Rotten" Apple & Wreck Flowers...HOW!, can you root for THESE Guys!!!!. "72,73, 76.. I rooted for them. New HC/ GM...get rid of 'em ALL!!!!

Comment

no

but even through the really bad years you had guys like John Mendenhall , Jack Gregory , Brad Van Pelt and Pete Athas who played like a championship was on the line every week

Comment

Originally posted by GCGiant View Post
            I don't know but I am sick and tired of starting the season with half the team already on injured reserve. This is like 4 or 5 seasons in a row it seems. This is why I have for sooooo long wanted them to cut the preseason down to 2 games. If I had my way the season would be 20 regular season games and no preseason.
            I've been in the 18 & 2 camp for a long time now. If my memory serves me correctly, the NFL tried to implement it a few years back...but, the players vetoed it. Not sure why.

Comment

I've seen some bad seasons, but with all the drama and social media that has come with it.....this is by far the worst. Giants Pride indeed.
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                no

but even through the really bad years you had guys like John Mendenhall , Jack Gregory , Brad Van Pelt and Pete Athas who played like a championship was on the line every week
                +1... Now THERE are some True Giant stars from the "Bad 'Ol Days"...Troy Archer, Gary Jeter, Spider Lockhart, Homer Jones. Ron Johnson. I look back w/ nostalgia, not on the years & teams, but the hard nose players they were!...

Comment

‘73, ‘74 and ‘76 we’re pathetic but this one is right up there, especially with the talent we have.
                  I was going to mention that era but the expectations in the 70s were not much.

Comment

Both with the record and all the drama...yes

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      no

which is exactly why this has been the worst...

Comment

Been a pretty devoted fan since the early 80s, and this is by far the worst season I have ever seen. I've seen plenty of bad ones, but never once have I felt like there was such a lack of effort.

Comment

Worst season thus far yet, if the Giants find a way to win and lose out on a top two pick, this will be worst season we will ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                            I've seen some bad seasons, but with all the drama and social media that has come with it.....this is by far the worst. Giants Pride indeed.
                            agreed bad in the 60's/70's we didn't have all this media ..I'm sure in NY you folks had a bit more than here, but most of what I got was in season pre game stuff .. Now with the 24/7 coverage of every little thing, social media and what not , how bad this season has been is hammered into us ...then add in player drama any kind of drama they can dig up and spin they do ... Its gotten ridiculous to the point I avoid ESPN, the NFLN and just about all pregame ,,,, I tune in at kickoff time.....

Comment

I dont think so. It is confusing as hell after the big hype, but I am glad for a #2 pick as we head into a new generation with this team. Maybe another blessing like when Eli was drafted or we could just be the new and improved browns for the next few years

Comment

Oh God yes the 70's was just a pure embarrassment. To many bad years there. The 70's were right in the middle of that stretch of 18 consecutive years without making the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X