Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What player canít the Giants afford to lose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What player canít the Giants afford to lose?

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/12/...afford-to-lose

Excerpt: "In a miserable 2-11 season it is pretty close to impossible to point to one player as a guy a team absolutely canít afford to lose. If you want to make the case for Odell Beckham Jr. with the New York Giants, you can.

Beckham is a great player, and there is a solid argument that with a limited offensive system and a poor offensive line the Giants havenít didnít use him well enough while he was healthy the past couple of years. The Giants werenít a good offense with Beckham last year, 26th in the league at 19.4 points per game. In the four games, he played this season the Giants averaged 17.3 points.

Why are we getting into this? Our friends at SB Nation are asking the question ďwho is the one player you canít afford to lose?Ē as this weekís theme question.

Forget this year. Look at it as which player on the roster or IR right now that the Giants absolutely must have next season.

Beckham? Thatís cool, if you think heís the guy. Evan Engram? Damon Harrison? Dalvin Tomlinson? Eli Manning?

The poll below includes 10 names. Vote for your choice." Read more - take poll or not
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Nobody is indispensable
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Beckham, the guy they already lost.

Comment

Landon Collins is the guy they can't afford to lose. He great ability, great attitude, great work ethic, and is a leader. I think he tried to do a little too much this season to make up for the porr play of teh defense due to injuries, but I would definitely not want to see him go under any circumstances.

Comment

Beckham hands down not even debatable

Comment

Beckham on O, Collins on D
            XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI
            GIANTS CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

I'd lose OBJ in a heartbeat. I am not paying that immature clown $20+M a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico12561 View Post
                I'd lose OBJ in a heartbeat. I am not paying that immature clown $20+M a year.
                i'm sorry that's crazy, whether he's immature or not, he's the second best player in the teams history.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                  Beckham hands down not even debatable
                  It really depends on his recovery.
                  ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Barneygum View Post

i'm sorry that's crazy, whether he's immature or not, he's the second best player in the teams history.
                    It's okay to disagree, but I couldn't deal OBJ fast enough.

Comment

Stats are great and he certainly can rack them up...no doubt...but there is the case of the intangibles...like his effect on teammates with his preferential treatment and his "all about me" attitude.

Comment

I think what people are missing about the whole Beckham issue is that MacAdoo and Coughlin both let him get away with murder (which amounts to special treatment) which COULD HAVE lead to resentment from the other players causing them to act out in a way that destroys team unity. Everyone should probably know by now that it's hard to win in this league. It takes more than just talent, which Beckham surely has, but if his presence unravels team unity, he can be the best WR ever, and the team is going nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GCGiant View Post
                          Stats are great and he certainly can rack them up...no doubt...but there is the case of the intangibles...like his effect on teammates with his preferential treatment and his "all about me" attitude.
                          You donít think LT got preferential treatment?
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Totally disagree. Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, and a handful of others in the league would be better fits now, we can replace ODB. There are a handful of receivers in this league with talent equal to or above Odell and they're each lightyears ahead of ODB in terms of understanding of the big picture/focus/etc - all of which matter more towards long term winning than talent. Keeping Odell would cost this team for a long time. Odell is closer to Terrell Owens than he is the second best player in Giants history.

This team needs to get mean and talented up front on both offense and defense, control the ball, control the clock. If Odell somehow fits in with that plan and falls in line with being a true teammate who wants whats best for the organization, great - but I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

You donít think LT got preferential treatment?
                              Oh...sorry...thought you guys were talking about OBJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X