Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Merits A Big Payday For Cruz?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ayday-for-cruz

Excerpt: "Yesterday, we told you what Victor Cruz needs to improve in his game in order to earn the new contract he is slated to sign with the New York Giants.

Today, we tell you what Cruz has done and should continue to do in order to again be one of the most productive receivers in the NFL.

In just three seasons (he missed nearly all of 2010 with a hamstring injury), Cruz has made his mark on both the Giants' and the NFL's record book. In 2011, he set the single-season Giants receiving record with 1,536 yards.

Despite missing the 2010 season, Cruz has compiled the most receiving yards (2,628) in his first three seasons by an undrafted free agent since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970.

Deep Threat
    Cruz holds the record for the longest reception in Giants franchise history (99 yards, Dec. 24, 2011 vs. the Jets), and has made a habit of routinely breaking big gains on his opponents.

Most Receiving TDs out of Slot
    Past 2 Seasons
    Victor Cruz 15<<
    Wes Welker 11
    Rob Gronkowski 11
    >>led NFL with 8 last season

Cruz is known for his ability to tack on yardage after the catch. His 924 yards after the catch since 2011 lead the Giants and rank fourth-most among all NFC players. He has also converted long gains into touchdowns with great success.

Over the past two seasons, Cruz has seven touchdown receptions of 40 yards or more. Only Jordy Nelson has more such receptions in that span with eight. In that same time span, Cruz is tied with Nelson for the most touchdown receptions of 25 yards or more. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

bottom line...
    Cruz is turning into a great receiver. He is not a one year wonder and seems durable. He is worth what the Giants are willing and/or able to pay him.
    They want him in the team.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      bottom line...
      Cruz is turning into a great receiver. He is not a one year wonder and seems durable. He is worth what the Giants are willing and/or able to pay him.
      They want him in the team.
      Reese has a tough job, but he seems to make the right moves most of the time.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I know most dont agree with me, but I think it is harder to replace Cruz then Nicks.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          I know most dont agree with me, but I think it is harder to replace Cruz then Nicks.
          You and I can hang together, which way to the gallows?

Comment

I agree. I mean arguably Randle looks like a replacement for Nicks... I definitely dont want him to go but still I think Nicks is "easier" to replace.

If you think about it there is only 3-4 players "like" VC but nearly every single team has a player "like" Nicks.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

anyone holding nfl and team records in as short amount of time as Cruzs deserves to hit the contract jackpot.

this guy is in the spring of his career will only get better. hes already top 5 imo.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                anyone holding nfl and team records in as short amount of time as Cruzs deserves to hit the contract jackpot.

this guy is in the spring of his career will only get better. hes already top 5 imo.
                I really don't like numbering players, but it's a tradition we seem to be stuck with. I leave his financial worth to Reese & Co. But his play making value to the team seems pretty obvious to me.

Comment

He is the biggest playmaker on this team. In fact, the biggest playmaker this team has had since.... Tiki?
                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                    I agree. I mean arguably Randle looks like a replacement for Nicks... I definitely dont want him to go but still I think Nicks is "easier" to replace.

If you think about it there is only 3-4 players "like" VC but nearly every single team has a player "like" Nicks.
                    Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! Randle has the potential to be even better because he has the tools to play as physical as Nicks and has a body physically built better to endure that type of abuse Nicks sees meaning less injuries for Randle in the long run when compared to Nicks with hopefully similar production! We shall see I guess.

Honestly I loved that Randle fell to the Giants in round 2, I think he may end up being a steal considering where the Giants drafted him. I actually liked the Randle pick even better than the Wilson pick and I was very pleased with the Wilson pick in round 1 lol.
                    Last edited by repeatchamps; 07-03-2013, 12:06 PM.
                    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

He is the biggest playmaker on this team. In fact, the biggest playmaker this team has had since.... Tiki?
                      Other than Eli?

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                        Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! Randle has the potential to be even better because he has the tools to play as physical as Nicks and has a body physically built better to endure that type of abuse Nicks sees meaning less injuries for Randle in the long run when compared to Nicks.
                        It will be interesting to see how much playing time Randle gets this season. My guess is as much as they can provide behind Nicks and Cruz and if Nicks loses time, and Randle takes advantage, does Nicks still command top dollar from Reese?

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                          Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! Randle has the potential to be even better because he has the tools to play as physical as Nicks and has a body physically built better to endure that type of abuse Nicks sees meaning less injuries for Randle in the long run when compared to Nicks with hopefully similar production! We shall see I guess.

Honestly I loved that Randle fell to the Giants in round 2, I think he may end up being a steal considering where the Giants drafted him. I actually liked the Randle pick even better than the Wilson pick and I was very pleased with the Wilson pick in round 1 lol.
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          It will be interesting to see how much playing time Randle gets this season. My guess is as much as they can provide behind Nicks and Cruz and if Nicks loses time, and Randle takes advantage, does Nicks still command top dollar from Reese?
                          I think that will be the most intriguing situation revolving around the offense this season other than maybe the impact Pugh makes on the O-line particularly the running game.
                          Last edited by repeatchamps; 07-03-2013, 12:11 PM.
                          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

I agree with you. As far as I can tell, it's harder to find a great slot WR. I think that Nicks is the better all-around WR, but I think that Cruz's ability is harder to replace.

Then again most of us like to point out that Cruz is "only" as good as he is because he has Nicks around. But maybe the same could be said of Nicks with having Cruz around?

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                              I agree with you. As far as I can tell, it's harder to find a great slot WR. I think that Nicks is the better all-around WR, but I think that Cruz's ability is harder to replace.

Then again most of us like to point out that Cruz is "only" as good as he is because he has Nicks around. But maybe the same could be said of Nicks with having Cruz around?
                              I think they very much complement each other and can't wait to see them on the field with Eli and a hopefully revived running game.

Comment

Working...
                              X