Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disservice keeping Webb inactive. Good points.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disservice keeping Webb inactive. Good points.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.3703443

Oh, good...another Davis Webb thread.

InsertFace-com-90-superman-m9HL5S.jpg
    Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 12-17-2017, 03:22 AM.

Comment

will be interesting if the game becomes a blow out - media (and fans) will be all over giants yet again if Webb doesnt play...

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post
        will be interesting if the game becomes a blow out - media (and fans) will be all over giants yet again if Webb doesnt play...
        I think the fans will lose patience if Webb isn't active AND plays next game.

The Giants have had enough time to get him ready for at least spot duty (although it should have never been an issue in the first place)
        "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

The only thing at this point playing Webb will accomplish is reveling the giants cards at Draft time. I would rather keep it ambiguous on what they have in this QB. Keep the rest of the league guessing .

"Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

If we know that Webb was a mistake, we should keep him on the bench to keep other teams guessing about our first round top priority.

If we think he could be the guy, he needs to get reps with live bullets flying.

If we want to just keep Eli from getting killed, play Geno.

It is pretty much a no brainer.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              If we know that Webb was a mistake, we should keep him on the bench to keep other teams guessing about our first round top priority.

I like this train of thought it makes sense to me. So far it seems like a mistake.

Comment

I don't understand those that are so against putting Webb out there for a series or two. It isn't about seeing what he can do, at first anyway, as much as getting him real game experience, seeing the speed of the game and learning what it is to be in the NFL.
                My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

I like this train of thought it makes sense to me. So far it seems like a mistake.
                  I liked what I saw from him in pre-season, but it was just pre-season.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

The only part of this I disagree with . If they like what they see in practice and He proves to be a good QB in a real game. It hampers the giants ability to trade down . If they wanted to trade the pick . It would hamper any good deal It could make the Giants look desperate to unload the pick. The value of the pick most likely would diminish. The teams that wanted the pick could trade lower then the Giants for a better deal without fearing the Giant's would take their QB.
                    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

I mean I undertsand all sides of the argument, but at this point keeping him inactive and not allowing him any snaps when the game is out of hand is just as reckless as telling him last notice "hey kid, you're starting today"
                      sigpic

Comment

+1
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-17-2017, 01:05 PM.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I hope they don't know Webb is a mistake, but I agree the staff and office should already know what they have. It's just us fans who want to see him.

Personally though I don't think Webb plays any role in The Giants ability to trade down if they want to. The market to move will be based on what teams think of the prospects, what we're asking and who they're competing with. Won't have anything to do with Webb.

Comment

Working...
                          X